CITO Attend or Find

pklong

I believe it's attend if you went to the main cito bit ie you did sme hard work, and attend if you only go to the social bit afterwards.

Doesn't really matter to me which I get - they both give you a cache find!!

You said attend both times.... so what is it (apart from a bug with the software)? :unsure:

I thought you weren't allowed to have 2 events in the same proximity on the same day??????

I believe you can as long as they are two seperate events that are not connected as are my 2 events

I think that is the case here. We had the CITO which took about an hour, then a bit later and a few miles away we had the birthday event, which was basically a Sunday Lunchtime BBQ social. Those that attended the CITO and the Birthday were not 100% the same, some could do one or the other, some of us did both. We've been here 5 months now and slowly getting used to the cultural differences!

As the person who published HH's event's, I did so because they are being held at separate locations, and both passed the can they stand on their own merits criteria being 2 entirely different and in no way linked [apart from being organised by the same person] events

I would just like to back these comments and re-iterate that they are 2 entirely separate events, that have got some people who are only intending to come to one and not the other. To strengthen this, before submitting the events I did include strict rules for logging an attendance at each one. Which I intend to enforce.

As the person who published HH's event's, I did so because they are being held at separate locations, and both passed the can they stand on their own merits criteria being 2 entirely different and in no way linked [apart from being organised by the same person] events

I would just like to back these comments and re-iterate that they are 2 entirely separate events, that have got some people who are only intending to come to one and not the other. To strengthen this, before submitting the events I did include strict rules for logging an attendance at each one. Which I intend to enforce.

That's exactly what we did. We had to sign in when collecting our Orange Vests for the CITO and those that went along to the Birthday Event signed in there too.

I'm not sure where HazelS got the idea about 2 Events not being allowed on the same day. The Rules are ...

For geocaching events that involve several components, such as a full weekend event that includes a geocoin trading session, a seminar and a potluck dinner, multiple event listings may be submitted if they each stand on their own merits as events meeting the listing guidelines. :(

We had a CITO in the morning and a Birthday BBQ for a local cacher in the afternoon. Those of us that were crazy enough to be walking the roadside collecting litter at 9:00am just happened to be in a position to attend both. Those that had the extra hour in bed couldn't. :ph34r: