Snow?

EraSeek

Last Saturday it was 84 degrees and we were feeding peanuts to the squirels in the backyard. Tonight we have at least three inches of snow (and rising) and I'm thinking I'll soon be feeding peanuts to mastadons in the backyard. :)

As a sidenote, and more caching oriented, did you notice Garmin changed its update download page. It no longer shows firmware updates. Dang.

Last Saturday it was 84 degrees and we were feeding peanuts to the squirels in the backyard. Tonight we have at least three inches of snow (and rising) and I'm thinking I'll soon be feeding peanuts to mastadons in the backyard. :)

As a sidenote, and more caching oriented, did you notice Garmin changed its update download page. It no longer shows firmware updates. Dang.

Well whatta ya know... there is a snowball's chance... :)

Freaky. I woke up this morning to a nice day on Gabriola Island (near Nanaimo), had mostly sunshine to the border. When we hit Arlington, it started snowing. A real blizzard from there to Bothell, at rush hour. Had to pull over to de-ice the wipers. Cache Ahead already had a couple inches at her house in Granite Falls at 5 pm when I dropped her off. From Bothell to Kirkland, it rained, and the rain stopped at Bellevue. The sun was shining at my house in Newcastle. All this on a north-south drive in two hours. Wow!

Here in south Renton we got a brief shower of corn snow - but it didn't stick around.

You can still get to the page that list units and dates of latest updates (I believe that's the page you're talking about). Go to Support=>Updates & Downloads and look for the boxed link to the right "Show all updates & downloads".

On the dry side it was cold and windy today with rainshowers and snowshowers depending on where you lived. Out caching we got rain and sleet. But could see fresh snow in the mountains. Our worry is for the next three nights of cold. Our Cherry trees are in full bloom and it is supposed to be below freezing for the next three nights. OH,oh!

Edited by Patudles
Last Saturday it was 84 degrees and we were feeding peanuts to the squirels in the backyard. Tonight we have at least three inches of snow (and rising) and I'm thinking I'll soon be feeding peanuts to mastadons in the backyard.

3-1/4 inches of the white stuff at my house in Brier so far. I took this pic before sunset as it started accumulating.

Apr18_2008.jpg

Here in the Convergence Zone we received between 6 & 8 inches of white stuff. Last night it dropped to 32F. We also had the power go off 3 times, the last outage lasted over 6 hours coming back on at 3:30 this morning. Today I've seen a couple of snow flurries.

Guess I'll pass on the caching today.

Edited by Recdiver

We got about four inches but it's quickly melting. I was hoping to get my 600th find this weekend, but now that I look at the roads near my house I think I still will. I might head south though, not sure how many of the convergence zone roads are clear.

They are mostly if not all clear by now.

You can still get to the page that list units and dates of latest updates (I believe that's the page you're talking about). Go to Support=>Updates & Downloads and look for the boxed link to the right "Show all updates & downloads".

There are several ways to get there but either way I am not seeing the firmware updates any longer.

Additional Software

USB Drivers, Ver. 2.2.1, as of Mar 26, 2007, Download

xImage, Ver. 2.3, as of Mar 23, 2005, Download

Unit Software

GPSMAP 60Cx, Ver. 3.60, as of Feb 18, 2008, Download

My two daughters had softball games today, and it was snowing in Port Orchard on several occasions during the games, a couple of times real heavy, but nothing that impacted the games. It was just Reeaally cold and Reeaally windy. What my cheeks look like after the whole day out there-------> :unsure:

We were working today at a King County Park clean-up event (not a caching one, but similar to the one tomorrow at Cougar Mtn.) along the Cedar River and it started dumping corn snow on us. In about 15 minutes there was about 1/2 inch. It was right near the end of the day, so they just called it. Crazy weather - rain, sun and snow in about 4 hours!

We finally figured out what caused this phenomenon.

My wife said it would be a cold day in hades if she lost a significant amount of weight in one week.

She just lost 3 lbs for a total of 35.

We're sorry.

:grin:

Hey, if that is what it takes, I'll welcome some snow here in north Texas.

Congrats to the wife, by the way.

My wife said it would be a cold day in hades if she lost a significant amount of weight in one week.

We're sorry.

:)

I'd rather blame it on the "geo-ignorant spouse", he put the snow blower away, brought out the hoses and tilled the garden...dadgum him... :)

We're sorry.

:)

I'd rather blame it on the "geo-ignorant spouse", he put the snow blower away, brought out the hoses and tilled the garden...dadgum him... :)