Wherigo caches are here

Gerald

For better or worse I became antisocial, did not talk to the wife etc for about 2 weeks and managed to publish SA's and I think Africa's 1st Wherigo. Its not perfect, yes you can emulate it as I have not encrypted anything - was a big enough learning curve, that can come later - but its there and it works. I have learnt a huge amount and start this thread to further the cache type in our part of the geocaching world.

Question now is, can it be done with a normal GPS and how many cachers have Colorado GPS units? It is inevitable and had to come, I first posted on our forums about this some months back and I am glad that it has come to term. Best of luck and I look forward to a few more popping up. Although it may be a while till I get a Colorado to join the fun. On another note what is the Colorado like.

I played around with the Wherigo cartridge in the emulator, and well done to Gerald, I think its fantastic. I'm sure this type of cache is going to become more and more popular, as it encourages the cacher to actually do certain things when trying to find the cache.

You don't necessarily need the Colorado, because the is a Wherigo player which can be used on the pocket PC with a GPS.

Looking forward to seeing more of these.

Well done Gerald, another KZN first :(

There is? Where? I have a HTC Tytn phone not sure if it will work with it but it's worth a try...

Wazat, get it at www.Wherigo.com

It runs fine on the HTC herald, and will even be better on the Tytn with the better processor and speed.

WM6?

I am running the player on an Airis T620 ppc with intergrated GPS running WM5. Apparently they are also called Mio. I only had to install the .Net framework. The link from the player download on the Wherigo site made that easy. Any ppc will do but it needs a gps, bluetooth or built in.

Will it work on the Nokia 6110 I wonder....

I too, thought that Wherigo caches where out of my capabilities with my Nokia E65 and Bluetooth receiver. While stumbling around on the forum 2 weeks ago, I came across a Java program called (openWIG) that plays Wherigo cartridges. It will work on most cellphones that has a GPS built in or Bluetooth GPS connected. I have tried and tested this software, Thus I have been able to build, test and publish my own Wherigo cache. Any one interested in this program you can download it here Visit Link. Now that more people can join in on the Wherigo fun. I hope to see some more Wherigo caches popping up soon.

Well Marc I do now have a HTC TYTN II and yep Wherigo is working on it... but the caches ... eish they are few.... LOL.

Why do I get the feeling that Wherigo is heading the same way as Betamax and 8-track tapes did? :) At one stage I was seriously considering getting one but now I really feel happy that I did not. My [much cheaper] investment in a paperless caching object - an iTouch - has enhanced my caching experience 10 fold.

Will it work on the Nokia 6110 I wonder....

I too, thought that Wherigo caches where out of my capabilities with my Nokia E65 and Bluetooth receiver. While stumbling around on the forum 2 weeks ago, I came across a Java program called (openWIG) that plays Wherigo cartridges. It will work on most cellphones that has a GPS built in or Bluetooth GPS connected. I have tried and tested this software, Thus I have been able to build, test and publish my own Wherigo cache. Any one interested in this program you can download it here Visit Link. Now that more people can join in on the Wherigo fun. I hope to see some more Wherigo caches popping up soon.

We successfully completed iNokia's Irish Quest cache today using a Nokia 6110 and had an absolute ball in the process. It took us an additional hour to complete because of our inexperience in such games, but the theme of the cache and the location was absolutely magic. A cache we can highly recommended. :drama:

Edited by iPajero
hey guys would like to try this, will it work on my nokia n82?

I can't think of any reason why it won't work. But personally have only seen it working on 6110, E65 and E90.

how do i download the application to my phone???

Install the jar file using your Nokia PC suite software

hey guys would like to try this, will it work on my nokia n82?

I can't think of any reason why it won't work. But personally have only seen it working on 6110, E65 and E90.

how do i download the application to my phone???

Install the jar file using your Nokia PC suite software

got all the software loaded but when i start the cartridge i get a message that says 'unhandeled exception,close application?' any ideas????