Questions about Geocoins

reptile75

First off sorry if i didn't do this right still kinda new to this stuff. Ok now onto the stuff i am trying to figure out. From what i have come across so far is there are all these geocoins out there and there are some very cool coins. I am in the military and have been collecting coins for a bit and would love to collect some of the geocoins. I understand that the ones with tracking number are not ment to be taken out of the rotation but how do you get some of the coins? Another question i have is, If i place a cache can i make a coin for that cache and once people find it can they send me a email and so to say order the coin for that cache? I know these are not cheap to make. I just think it would be a fun thing to collect and look back on and kinda keep track of where i have been and such. well if you have any input please let me know.

Coins found in caches are for the most part activated and owned by others and released with the intent to travel. When cachers pick them up and log them properly the owner receives an email for every drop or pick up of that traveller. On the geocoin/travel bug's page is also a map feature so you can see where it's been on a map.

To get your own coins you can buy them from any of the approved coin vendours listed on the Geocoins Page that is off the Trackable Items tab. Some even specialize in military coinage. Or you spend a lot more on Ebay for coins no longer available for sale from the makers.

I think almost every coin maker has a mail list you can get on, that way you are notified when coins go on for sale.

As far as making one for a cache, I'm not quite sure what you are asking. I do know from experience that coins are a good bit of money to produce. :)

well what i am trying to say is lets say i put a cache by a law office and i wanna call it a blood sucker cashe as a title for my cache and inside rather then make a coin and keep dropping them in there what if i had a paper in there that said "thanks for finding my cache and if you would like to buy a coin for $5 to remember your visit please email me" or something along those lines or is there a service that does something like that.