Multiple Found Log Error?

Pegasi

Hoping to see if anyone can answer:

I was out on a hunt a month or so back. Within 10 ft of GZ I found #1 Square Tupperware container with the lid about 10 feet away. I figured this had to be a muggled container so I dropped a new log book in and rehid it in what I thought would be an appropriate spot. I logged the cache as a "provisional" find until the CO got back to me.

I discovered that yes indeed, some idiot threw out their perfectly good container right on top of GZ for a cache. I subsequently went back, found the actual cache, removed the offending tupperware and posted a find for the real container. I deleted the old log.

geocaching.com maintains a correct found count on the site. When I run my personal finds PQ my count jumps by 1. I have been able to correct the error through help found on the GSAK forum and can correct the error so both systems match.

Is there anyway to remove the extra found log on the geocaching.com site - everytime I run My Finds the count jumps back up by 1?

I realized my error after the fact and was hoping I could clean it up. Not life threatening but a minor annoyance none the less.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Okay this is funny.....because a couple days ago I went through and checked my finds and made sure the numbers add up. I am a person that only logs one find per waypoint code. So I DO NOT double-log.

Every page of caches on my finds list equals a total of 20 finds. So I multiplied 20 times the number of pages that I currently have...the resulting number I added however many caches were on the last page that is not quite filled. With that resulting number I added the 3 locationless caches that don't show up on your found list....and when I came up with the result, my numbers say that I have one more cache then what my math seems to come up with.

Is their a glitch in the system, or did I accidentally double-log somewhere and I can't find it? If I double-logged, where can I find it so that I can delete it?

Thanks for the tips. WSR - I think that would have worked but I made the mistake of deleting the old log and adding a new found one. GSAK is confused but Groundspeak seems to be working.

I had the same thing happen, delete the entire listing from GSAK and let your my finds query (or download the single gpx) add it again, problem solved. The problem is that GSAK remembers BOTH your found it logs and thinks it's two finds so adds an extra one.

Okay this is funny.....because a couple days ago I went through and checked my finds and made sure the numbers add up. I am a person that only logs one find per waypoint code. So I DO NOT double-log.

Every page of caches on my finds list equals a total of 20 finds. So I multiplied 20 times the number of pages that I currently have...the resulting number I added however many caches were on the last page that is not quite filled. With that resulting number I added the 3 locationless caches that don't show up on your found list....and when I came up with the result, my numbers say that I have one more cache then what my math seems to come up with.

Is their a glitch in the system, or did I accidentally double-log somewhere and I can't find it? If I double-logged, where can I find it so that I can delete it?

Some of the stats pages have a "find dupes" page that helps solve this. I recently used Logic Weave's to find one that I had a double "found it log" by accident. That is why I had the GSAK issue that the OP has.