Morse Code

Lacomo

Get a piece of paper and start writing down the dashes and dots. You'll have to play the thing about a million times as you write, check, re-write, check, etc., but eventually you'll have it in writing. Then you can easily look up the letters from a morse code list on the internet.

Asking for someone to give you the answers in the forums is bad form.

Get a piece of paper and start writing down the dashes and dots. You'll have to play the thing about a million times as you write, check, re-write, check, etc., but eventually you'll have it in writing. Then you can easily look up the letters from a morse code list on the internet.

Yes, absolutely. Dots are short beeps, dashes are long. I don't think this is all that difficult even if you've never heard morse code. Playing it a million times and checking aside. ;)

Oh, and some of you guys can be real meanies sometimes. :(

Bravo! Perfect reply! Xackly (sic) what I would have said!

P.S. Oh, and one shortcut hint for the OP:

When it comes time to decipher the code, it may help to know that most of us who are trained in Morse Code never think or talk in terms of "dot" and "dash", simply because the things do no sound like that in real life, and rather, we think and talk in terms of "dit" and "dah", which is how they sound in the real world.

--... ...-- --- --

...- .. -. -. -.--

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

If you really want to take the easy way out and have a TNC (terminal node controller) it can display the code to you as it is played. I haven't used code in a while but If all else fails send me the GC number and I'll give it a shot. Numbers are relatively easy to copy. Any idea what the sending speed the code is that you're trying to copy?

On a related note, could someone please post the cache container type, camo method and hiding spot for CCC Cache? It is fairly evil and some folks are having difficulty finding it quickly. Thanks. :(

Sure I can. Dang I figured any geocacher with any expierence at all could figured this one out. I guess some of them are just not "Smarter than a fifth grader" It's a match container (you can get them from WalMart sports department) I glued a knot that I cut from another tree to the lid of the container this fits down in a knot on another tree that has just the right size hole in the middle of it. Looks like the knot on the container grew on the tree. If you need pictures I can sent you some.

On a related note, could someone please post the cache container type, camo method and hiding spot for CCC Cache? It is fairly evil and some folks are having difficulty finding it quickly. Thanks. :)

Sure I can. Dang I figured any geocacher with any expierence at all could figured this one out. I guess some of them are just not "Smarter than a fifth grader" It's a match container (you can get them from WalMart sports department) I glued a knot that I cut from another tree to the lid of the container this fits down in a knot on another tree that has just the right size hole in the middle of it. Looks like the knot on the container grew on the tree. If you need pictures I can sent you some.

I think The Leprechauns did a fly by.

Its not how I would send it in code. Here is a hint. It is sent with the following letters, and the _ represents digits. No decimal (or period is sent, but I assume they mean mm.mmm) Speed is about 20 WPM. It took me a couple of listens because I did not expect the "deg":

N _ _ deg _ _ _ _ _

W _ _ deg _ _ _ _ _

There is a very good program you can use: CWGet

--- ..-. -.-. --- ..- .-. ... . --..-- -.-- --- ..- -.-. .- -. .--- ..- ... - .. -. ... - .- .-.. .-.. - .... . .-.. . . - -.- . -.-- .- -.. -.. --- -. ..-. --- .-. ..-. .. .-. . ..-. --- -..- .- -. -.. .. - -.-. .- -. -.. --- .- .-.. .-.. - .... . - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - .. --- -. ... ..-. --- .-. -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-

Edited by Prime Suspect

It helps sometimes to slow the playing of the file. Windows XP has a nifty little tool called "Sound Recorder" that can play & slow down the file. Start, All Programs, Accessories, Entertainment, Sound Recorder.

Aha! That might do it! I'll give it a try. Someone put a Morse code cache at the site where Morse first demonstrated the electric telegraph, and it's had me stumped.