Question about 2 GPS and 1 Software

ao318

Hello,

I currently have a 60CSX and I am getting a Legend HCX for my kids to use when we go out together. I currently have Topo 2008 and City Navigator V8. The question I have is can I install either or both of the maps from the software I have onto the HCX?

Topo 2008 Yes. The City navigator should have come with 2 unlock codes. If you haven't used both of them then yes, you can use the second unlock code from city navigator on the etrex. If you haven't used the second code, but can't find it call up Garmin and they might be able to help you. One thing on the second code, you won't be able to upgrade on the second unit. If you wanted new maps you'd have to buy the full version for the 2nd unit and use an upgrade on the first.

Hello,

I currently have a 60CSX and I am getting a Legend HCX for my kids to use when we go out together. I currently have Topo 2008 and City Navigator V8. The question I have is can I install either or both of the maps from the software I have onto the HCX?

sanramonhunter speaks truth. If you have City Navigator 2008 and not V8, you only get one unlock code. But since you have V8. You should be good to go.