MOONSHINE 2008!

CYBret

As official Promoters for the Moonshine event. We encourage everybody to go to this event. We made the four hour drive last year from Michigan and camped. The burgers at moonshine and the people that you get to hang out with are well worth the trip to this event. We will definately be making another weekend trip to Moonshine, IllANNOY.

Edited by Wolverine Warriors

Heads up about Moonshine here.

There's an evening event in Fowler Park just south of Terre Haute. Now, I'm not sure how many of you know where Terre Haute is, but it's in a delightful state just to the east of IlliNOISE known as IndiANNER. There are a TON of caches in the Terre Haute area--drive by micros, nice long hikes, puzzles, etc. It's a great place to cache.

The name of the event? Moonshine Hangover of course! Hope to see you there!

Wolverine Warriors,

If memory serves, didn't you guys camp at Lincoln Park for the last Moonshine? How were the campgrounds? Did they take reservations? Was it nice?

Anabel & Brazilindy, Go-Purdue & Zugzwang, JPlus14, Mr. Schmeni and I camped at Hickory Holler. Nothing wrong with Hickory Holler, I was just hoping to find something a little more uh...modern. Hickory Holler's facilities were a pretty good distance from the campsites. (You had to drive there.) The privvy near the campground was uh...trying to be polite....unused for very long periods of time.

I'd LOVE to camp at Fowler. I LOVE Fowler. But, I looked it up on their website and they don't take reservations. (Which Bret has already said.) With it being Labor Day weekend, I am uncomfortable planning on camping at a place that is first come, first served. It could prove to be a long drive home!!

Thanks!!

Edited by Jenischmeni

Jenischmeni we did camp there last year and it is a nice state park we stayed in the Plainview Campground. It has showers and bathrooms real close plus playground equipment. I talked to the state park and they don't take reservations it is first come first serve only. I also asked if they could set aside a section for a group of people and they said usually they would try to help a group out but since it is a holiday weekend they can't set aside an area for us. We are planning on camping there if at all possible again this year.

Well, for pete's sake! Is it just me or is it weird that these campgrounds don't take reservations?

What if I was driving in from say North Dakota. With a big 'ol 5th wheel behind me? What if I keep trying all the campgrounds and they'll all full? Maybe I don't wish to stay in a WalMart parking lot!!!

BUT...thanks for the info. It's not YOUR fault! LOL

I'll figure something out. (And quickly hopefully!)

P.S. Great to see you again WW!!!!

Well, for pete's sake! Is it just me or is it weird that these campgrounds don't take reservations?

What if I was driving in from say North Dakota. With a big 'ol 5th wheel behind me? What if I keep trying all the campgrounds and they'll all full? Maybe I don't wish to stay in a WalMart parking lot!!!

BUT...thanks for the info. It's not YOUR fault! LOL

I'll figure something out. (And quickly hopefully!)

P.S. Great to see you again WW!!!!

Minus the fifth wheel I've had that happen a couple of times in Colorado when there's some event in the area. Had to drive 50 miles out of my way one night to find a campsite for a tent.

We signed up and are definitely looking forward to going... that'll be 3 that'll eat burgers, and one that'll probably just gorge on Cheerios. :) We might drag another person along, but I think between the three of us we can put away at least 6, maybe more! (And the baby might be ready for burgers by then, so that'd be another one!) :D

posted this in the wrong catagory earlier but does anyone know if t-shirts will be available for purchase the day of the event or do i need to pre-order? Also i assume coin trading is ok at the big city...Lookin forward to it as well as bringing my father who is slowly getting into this cashin thing...

I haven't decided if t-shirts will be available at the event or not. For now they are available on the event website: GeoMoonshine.Com.

As for going Mega....it looks like we've got about 61 registered so far...so it'll take a few more before we get there. ;)

ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!!!!!!!!!! :unsure::P:ph34r:

I had lunch at Moonshine today...YUMMMM...Helen was asking about the event. She's very excited to see us all come back.

Be sure to post your "Will Attend" notes and register on GeoMoonshine too!

I just started the Atkins diet Monday, can I get the moonbugers without the buns?

Atkins is the only diet I've ever managed to lose weight with, 4 pounds already this week.

And I can't remember if I registered at that other sire or not, nor why I have to register there when I already posted a will attend on the cache page.

Good news! We are done chipping and sealing roads in the area! As a matter of fact when we were working down there I went in to get a grape soda. I told Helen that I was going to bring my kids back for the cachers get-together and she got so excited! She is looking forward to all of us coming down. She called us "a Nice Bunch of Folks"! Wonderful cold grape soda, too! :(

Good news! We are done chipping and sealing roads in the area! As a matter of fact when we were working down there I went in to get a grape soda. I told Helen that I was going to bring my kids back for the cachers get-together and she got so excited! She is looking forward to all of us coming down. She called us "a Nice Bunch of Folks"! Wonderful cold grape soda, too! :laughing:

I loved the grape soda last year but they ran out before the event was over, hope they stock more this year, it was great.

Almost a week to go! Several more people have registered. We're up to about 175 or so planning on being there!

Plus there have been a TON of great prizes donated. There's a good chance you'll get to take home something shiny! :yikes:

MOONSHINE!!! It's like Christmas in August....but with BACON!

Is that THIS weekend?!?!!

I just got back from there...had a GREAT lunch! :huh:

Helen can't wait to see us all. She's pretty excited about the numbers, too! We're looking at about 230 or so right now.

LOTS of prizes at the event, thanks to a lot of very generous geocachers and a few very generous organizations. There's even going to be some really nice things for the kids.

And big kids! :(