City Navigator 9 egibility issue

I just recieved my new 2009 CN NA update. I tried to install on my computer and at the end it stated that my unit was not edgible for the program. I have a registered version of CN NA 2008.

Edgible? Do you mean eligible?

What are you calling "at the end?" End of the install (loading on your computer), or were you trying to unlock the maps?

Is there any chance that one of them is NT and the other one isn't?

I just recieved my new 2009 CN NA update. I tried to install on my computer and at the end it stated that my unit was not edgible for the program. I have a registered version of CN NA 2008.

What are you calling "at the end?" End of the install (loading on your computer), or were you trying to unlock the maps?

I mean, it installed for half an hour and never did fully install on the computer. I found that I have a version 8 of City Navigator. Garmin told me I need to get a CN NA 2008 NT , to use the upgrade. I am very frustrated. I have a program in hand that wont work. Guess I will have to work around this one. Am in the process of talking to GPSCITY for a solution.

I mean, it installed for half an hour and never did fully install on the computer. I found that I have a version 8 of City Navigator. Garmin told me I need to get a CN NA 2008 NT , to use the upgrade. I am very frustrated. I have a program in hand that wont work. Guess I will have to work around this one. Am in the process of talking to GPSCITY for a solution.

I think Red90 nailed the problem -- Garmin tech support confirmed that you can't go non-NT to NT with just an upgrade -- you'd need to already have the full version of NT installed first.

If you can't return the software you bought, maybe Garmin would let you exchange it for the correct version. Call their support and see what they say.