M6 Toll Services Cache up for adoption

Due to a change in family circumstances I will not be passing this way as often as I used to and so I am looking for someone to adopt GCWQF1 Motorway Mayhem M6 Toll Services.

It is in need of a new container as the lid is cracked apparently. Also, the person adopting it would need to be someone regularly using the M6 Toll Road as of course you have to pay to get to the M6 Toll Services!

Please contact me if you can adopt the cache - I would be most grateful as it's quite a popular cache and it would be a shame to have to archive it. :sad:

Due to a change in family circumstances I will not be passing this way as often as I used to and so I am looking for someone to adopt GCWQF1 Motorway Mayhem M6 Toll Services.

It is in need of a new container as the lid is cracked apparently. Also, the person adopting it would need to be someone regularly using the M6 Toll Road as of course you have to pay to get to the M6 Toll Services!

Please contact me if you can adopt the cache - I would be most grateful as it's quite a popular cache and it would be a shame to have to archive it. :D

Does this count as a commercial cache? :o:D:D:o:sad:

Quite right, Philip! However it cannot be classed as commercial as I suspect that few people would pay to use the toll road just to log one cache - but you never know!! (And no I haven't got shares in Costa Coffee :sad: )

It now has an offer of adoption from a local chap who uses the toll road from time to time, so its future is safe!

Please contact me if you can adopt the cache - I would be most grateful as it's quite a popular cache and it would be a shame to have to archive it. :P

Hi,

I could adopt it if you like? :D I live less than 2 miles away and regularly use the toll road (plus I've adopted several other caches in the area). Let me know if you'd like me to :D

Regards, Nediam

taz' date='Apr 18 2008, 04:51 PM' post='3432957']

OK... but there's still a public footpath into the service area so it CAN be logged without paying anything.

Superb, I was thinking of doing this one, but with no reason to use the toll road I thought it a little silly to do.

The service area is surrounded by a high fence and the only way inside apart from the motorway is by an an automatic gate at the back for the hotel (for guests only). It is not accessible from any public footpath.

Is there not a pavement alongside the access road from the north?

There is, however it has tall electric gates. They obviously don't care for custom from the local houses.

There is a way in though - linky thing

I stopped around the back once seeing a footpath on the map, but only saw the fence so thanks for the tip :blink: . The only time i use the toll road is when I am late and then I do not have the time to stop! :unsure:

As I'm the lucky person who has managed to adopt this "controversial" cache, I will endeavour to recce the lay of the land when I pay a maintenance visit (probably next weekend now), and I will amend the cache description if access can be gained other than from the toll road.