iQue Questions

BiT

My wife is going to be doing a lot of traveling this coming spring and summer and we got an iQue. I have a few questions about it.

1. Can I purchase a larger SD card and load the maps to that or do I need the specific maps SD card from Garmin.

2. As far as loading waypoints into the machine, is it similar to the Garmin handhelds (Colorado & CSx)?

Thanks,

BiT

1. Yes. A 2 gig card should get the whole united states. But make sure it is in the charging cradle when you load that set. It takes a long time and if your iQue is older and the battery is not as strong (or you haven't replaced it with a newer more robust one) you could run out of battery before it loads.

2. Absolutely not. You need to get CacheMate and CacheNav. Export you PG from GSAK to a Palm/Cachemate file. Sync. Open Cachemate and load the new file. Export from cachemate to iQue and all of them will be in your contacts. Use the iQue to drive to the parking spot. Change to CacheMate and then click Nav to. Follow the Arrow.

On point 2, the waypoints are address book contacts in the normal Palm address book. For Geocaching, Cachemate is the best way to get them into the address book as mentioned above. Normal waypoints can be handled with the Garmin software. There is an add-on for the address book that comes with the Garmin software package.

The best resource is the Brighthand forums, http://forum.brighthand.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53

Have a look through there and specifically see the sticky for software that works with the iQue. Useful programs are:

- Cachemate

- BrightiQue

- WayQue

Cool, thanks.

She won't use it for cachin' just getting around in the different cities along with the PDA applications.

The new Google "Send To" for Garmin will be awesome for her.

Another Question : Does anyone run an iQue with a handheld GPS (Colorado) on the same computer? Any issues or advise you could give.

I used to use the iQue with Cachemate and CacheNave for my caching equipemt. I was always having troule with battery life while in the field so I purchased a Garmin 60csx and now use the PDA just for past logs and information. They coexist on the same computer quite nicely. My iQue is palm based so it has a cradel for USB and the 60csx is straight USB connected but I have no issues with my setup.

BTW...talked to your buddy CC yesterday and will be caching some with him this weekend. I hear he is headed your way soon.