.NET CF 2.0 loading problem

The Mars Bars

It seems that WM6 has a compact framework built into it so loading NET CF 2.0 isn't possible.

I assume that Wherigo should work with WM6...SO WHY WON'T IT?

I just keep getting an OutofMemoryException whenever I try and start the player.

I am using an Ipaq 214 (VGA screen) 624mhz processor and loads of memory.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I'm not sure what the problem you're having is, but it's not strictly a WM6-related issue. I'm running a unit on WM6 with its native .NET CF, and the player works. I haven't tried yesterday's release yet, but I'm hoping that didn't cause any changes for the worse.

I'm not sure what the problem you're having is, but it's not strictly a WM6-related issue. I'm running a unit on WM6 with its native .NET CF, and the player works. I haven't tried yesterday's release yet, but I'm hoping that didn't cause any changes for the worse.

There is a problem loading the app on vga devices. I'm working on a fix and should have an update soon. The vga devices run with a 192 DPI as opposed to 96 DPI. The new map feature causes the problem. I'll have a fix posted shortly

David

A fix has been posted to the web site. If you download and install the player application, it will load correctly on VGA devices.

David.

I'll double check when I get home to where my WM device is. (I actually carry around and use for caching my Palm Treo, hint hint hint! :sad:) I believe, though, that it's realVGA. It lets you change your DPI setting to 96, 128, or 192.

I don't remember which is default (high or low) but if you're on the default one, you get the normal behavior of cut-off text and tiny images in big boxes. If you select the opposite one (largest or smallest, whichever isn't the default setting) you actually get a display that looks very nearly like it's intended to look. Only problem is it only uses 1/4 of the screen, so get ready to squint. I've left mine on 128 DPI as a "happy medium"; I can read the text, and the excess space left for the images is a little smaller, but it's still not quite perfect.

One thing I've noticed in the higher-res (lower-DPI, I think) modes is that the first item of any selection screen (locations, You See, etc) spans the entire width of the device, while other items are only as wide as the quarter screen view. Looks really odd, but I can get over that to be able to read the text properly.