Rattlesnake Ridge Hike

JustMike

A few of us are going to do the hike from Rattlesnake Lake to Snoqualmie Ridge and would like to invite others to join us. We plan to meet at Snoqualmie Point and leave a car since this is a one-way, 2-car-shuffle hike. There are 20-30 caches along this trail and some gorgeous views (and steep climbs, 15 miles of hiking, lots of mud and potenial snow so plan appropriately).

The meeting/ending location can be considered GC165YQ. We plan to meet there at 8am on May 4th. So, if 15 miles of challenging hike sounds like fun, join us!

cheers,

JustMike

Sounds fun, I will do it sometime this year. Just be aware that when I was up there this weekend with lakaco, we encountered snow on the ground above 2000'. We turned around at 2500' at the Owen Creek cache where there was well over a foot or two of snow on the ground. Folks who went beyond had reported that only a foot or so of a gate was showing above the snow, so snow shoes may very well still be required on the day you want to go.

Ok, the Rattlesnake hike is moved to July 20th. Same details -- 8am at Snoqualmie Point, 1-way, 2-car-shuffle, rattlesnakes, but no snow. See my first posting on this thread for the full details and watch the calendar.

If anyone's interested, we will be hiking the TMT (Tiger Mountain Trail) on 5/3, starting at Kiersolvd's GC13FPK and finishing at GC13FPB. There may be a little snow on this hike so some type of traction such as Yak Trax would be a good idea. This is a 16 mile hike with lots of elevation change so put this in the challenging category. Stragglers will be left behind for the tigers.

cheers,

JustMike

Ok, the Rattlesnake hike is moved to July 20th. Same details -- 8am at Snoqualmie Point, 1-way, 2-car-shuffle, rattlesnakes, but no snow. See my first posting on this thread for the full details and watch the calendar.

If anyone's interested, we will be hiking the TMT (Tiger Mountain Trail) on 5/3, starting at Kiersolvd's GC13FPK and finishing at GC13FPB. There may be a little snow on this hike so some type of traction such as Yak Trax would be a good idea. This is a 16 mile hike with lots of elevation change so put this in the challenging category. Stragglers will be left behind for the tigers.

cheers,

JustMike

Should be good for a trail report. The hike of the month is doing the TMT on 5/17

Edited by AndrewRJ

cheers,

JustMike

Should be good for a trail report. The hike of the month is doing the same hike the next week.

I did the TMT hike last weekend (will probably still do the HOTM, just needed a good milestone!)

The day before my son and I met a hiker on Dwight's Way with snowshoes who said you still needed them at the top. Rented two pair for my brother and I and ended up carrying both most of the way as my brother had to leave early for work. Very little snow up on Tiger and what was there last weekend was wet with big puddles. It was pretty darn warm up there last weekend and I image a lot, if not all, of what I saw, is gone.

Along the way we also did MTM. Middle Tiger, near the final, had between 6in -2ft of snow, easily the most I saw the whole time, but booting that was pretty easy as the trail was broken... aside from the last 100 or so feet right at the final, but there was less than a foot there if I remember correctly.

Lots of mud :-)

Should be good for a trail report. The hike of the month is doing the TMT on 5/17

I can't do the 5/17 HOTM as I already have plans, but will be happy to pass along a trail report. If there are another others that want to do this hike and also can't make the HOTM here's your chance.

JustMike

I can't believe I missed this date. I know I looked at it and even made mention of it to someone else. I'll look at shifting the HOTM...again.

As much as I dislike crossing the same date as another hike, the following weekend is champoeg. I'll just leave the choice up to folks which they would rather do the most... We are the victim of a great hiking state and lingering bad great winter weather. :ph34r:

Edited by TotemLake

I can't believe I missed this date. I know I looked at it and even made mention of it to someone else. I'll look at shifting the HOTM...again.

As much as I dislike crossing the same date as another hike, the following weekend is champoeg. I'll just leave the choice up to folks which they would rather do the most... We are the victim of a great hiking state and lingering bad great winter weather. :ph34r:

and when I replied to your e-mail I totally forgot about it as well. Too many great hikes.

That said lets make sure that JustMike still intends on doing this before descisions have to be made.

That said lets make sure that JustMike still intends on doing this before descisions have to be made.

Sorry folks, I confess that I haven't been paying close attention to the geocaching forums over the last few weeks. Life has been crazy busy. Hanging my head in shame....

The Rattlesnake Ridge hike is on for this Sunday, 7/20. I and 2 or 3 friends are meeting at Snoqualmie Point at 7am (GC165YQ), leaving at least 1 car there and then proceeding to Rattlesnake Lake to start the hike. Looks like a fun hike so join us if this sounds good to you too. Shout if additional details are needed or if you plan to join us.

Regards,

JustMike

Hope you all have fun. I did the hike Saturday and it was quite nice. We only ran into a small patch of snow on the eastern end of the ridge. And just be aware there is only one stream crossing along the route so bring plenty of water.

Edited by Kiersolvd

Hope you all have fun. I did the hike Saturday and it was quite nice. We only ran into a small patch of snow on the eastern end of the ridge. And just be aware there is only one stream crossing along the route so bring plenty of water.

Thanks for the report. I planned this hike to follow your's by one week so you could scout it for us. Clever, eh?