3rd International math trade starting now!

kdv

Ok, so I feel pretty bad that I've delayed the results. Granted I wasn't alone :blink: but still, I guess I missed the regroup ID switch thing. It happens, and well, no sweat. Anyway, Sonja has gone to work to pull her hard copy list that she did (assuming we both made the same error). I promise we're working feverishly to get our lists straightened out so now I'm not the hold up anymore.

Sorry.

TMA

grammar edit**

Hmmmm, and you were giving US a hard time earlier today?????? :o

Ok, so I feel pretty bad that I've delayed the results. Granted I wasn't alone :o but still, I guess I missed the regroup ID switch thing. It happens, and well, no sweat. Anyway, Sonja has gone to work to pull her hard copy list that she did (assuming we both made the same error). I promise we're working feverishly to get our lists straightened out so now I'm not the hold up anymore.

Sorry.

TMA

grammar edit**

Hmmmm, and you were giving US a hard time earlier today?????? :blink:

Exactly why I'm red in the face. :o

TMA

Well since you're not the only one with the problem, I feel like it is much more my fault than yours. I hope I can sort things out with tsun soon too and will then cross my fingers that everything is ok :blink:

Ok, so I feel pretty bad that I've delayed the results. Granted I wasn't alone :o but still, I guess I missed the regroup ID switch thing. It happens, and well, no sweat. Anyway, Sonja has gone to work to pull her hard copy list that she did (assuming we both made the same error). I promise we're working feverishly to get our lists straightened out so now I'm not the hold up anymore.

Sorry.

TMA

grammar edit**

My list is not to bad A few coins i really wanted bad . I have one coin that i put a coin i didnt want on the list ,.. and i got it .That one was my fault I really have to edit my list better . An i received two coins that are in a [ % group ] so i might have done something wrong there too . Will still have to wait to see what happens when all this is sorted out.

Edited by geocachingdragon

My list is not to bad A few coins i really wanted bad I have one coin that i put a coin i didnt want on the list and i got it I really have to edit my list better and a received two coins that are in a [ % group ] so i might have done something wrong there . Will still have to wait to see what happens when all this is sorted out

I'm thinking the big error belonged to those of us who quickly made our lists after it was frozen, without checking again after the regrouping period to see what numbers shifted. My section has been corrected, and it looks to have fixed the problem. Two more lists that I know of need to be renumbered, and then we'll see again.

TMA

If you want to send me a corrected version of your want list to get rid of the coin you put in there accidentally, this would be a good time to do it :blink:

Once all glitches are resolved, the new results will be final.

My list is not to bad A few coins i really wanted bad I have one coin that i put a coin i didnt want on the list and i got it I really have to edit my list better and a received two coins that are in a [ % group ] so i might have done something wrong there . Will still have to wait to see what happens when all this is sorted out

That's good to hear! I don't think results will be THAT different, at most one or 2 coins will change. Or at least that would be my guess :blink:

To kill some time while waiting for the results, I went ahead and double checked my lists. The one online is accurate for me. All coins I was to receive in the first run were on my list, and I was very happy with the results. Hope things don't change too much! :o

I just sent you a mail about your want list. I guess I must have interpreted your 'enigmatic' want list differently from what you intended :laughing: We'll figure it out!

I am sorry - non eof mine are coming out right at all! did the numbers change?

I have 25 coins incoming and I'm happy with all mine, so no problems here. I was surprised at how some of the trades went, but that's how it goes.

Some coins I wanted I didn't get, but I'm sure we can all say that! Glad to see all the people I'm sending coins to are already in the google address

book, so no need to send out emails to get addresses from people this time round.

....and TMA, how strange that 50% of my coins -aren't- going to you this time! in fact, you're not getting any! :laughing:

Thank you for all the work you put into this math trade Katja! :lol:

Wow, it's pretty neat how this optimizing software works. In the first "final" I had 11 trades. Five stayed exactly the same; 2 changed only the coin I was sending for (but not the person sending to); and 4 trades changed totally. Yet I am getting exactly the same group of coins incoming as in the original run. Cool! :laughing:

15 of my 16 coins were traded! :laughing: I did have 18 listed, but two got traded before this list was finalized. I trusted that Katja's program would ignore the two I had blanked, but still there was that little kernel of doubt...

I got a couple of trades that I was not expecting, and one that I was hoping for didn't materialize... guess I should have grouped some coins, or ordered my lists differently. Oh well, I'll know better next time! I did good for a novice, I think.

Now, time to get some addresses! There are four of you out there (on my list) who don't have an address in the google address list.

I guess I really did not understand how this whole thing works. I really did not end up with ANY of the coins I really, really, REALLY wanted. I guess I had too many variables & ended up with 5th or 6th choices for all of my coins. Next time I will limit my "wants" to 3 or 4 coins only. Ah well, live & learn.

CF30

hmmm, with the changes I've lost 4 coins I really wanted and gained 2 I didn't even ask for! :laughing:

edit: I've just been checking the new list and it seems it has slipped by 1 as some coins don't match what they were originally designated.

For example, coin 453 used to be the EMGT Monopoly Board but is now the Leap Year coin.

Another example is 463 which used to be the Tranquility 'German Edition' but is now a Thors Hammer coin.

Edited by 3BlindEyes

hmmm, with the changes I've lost 4 coins I really wanted and gained 2 I didn't even ask for! :laughing:

edit: I've just been checking the new list and it seems it has slipped by 1 as some coins don't match what they were originally designated.

For example, coin 453 used to be the EMGT Monopoly Board but is now the Leap Year coin.

Another example is 463 which used to be the Tranquility 'German Edition' but is now a Thors Hammer coin.

Hey Mal,

If you read back a bit, you'll see that a few lists were hit with the "1 number blues" after some number shuffling took place during the regroup period. We were all allowed to fix our list to correct the number shifts. You need to email Katja and discuss it with her.

TMA

I think getting 5th or 6th choices isn't so bad, but of course it mostly depends on how badly others want the coins you are offering. On the "Want Lists" tab you can see how many people coveted your coins, which will give you some of an idea of how well you did.

The shorter you make your wish lists, the bigger the chance you end up with no trade at all. WHich of course sometimes may be preferable for certain coins that you treasure particularly.

I guess I really did not understand how this whole thing works. I really did not end up with ANY of the coins I really, really, REALLY wanted. I guess I had too many variables & ended up with 5th or 6th choices for all of my coins. Next time I will limit my "wants" to 3 or 4 coins only. Ah well, live & learn.

CF30

hmmm, with the changes I've lost 4 coins I really wanted and gained 2 I didn't even ask for! ;)

ummm if any of them were mine please PM ;)

:laughing: well I too was wondering what happened to the numbers - I had NONE of my numbers right - not even my own. Somehow thanks to katya I have 2 coins I wanted but still traded something I didn't precisely offer; still it's not all bad - I just hope the person I'm sending them to actually wants them! :lol: If not - don't be shy take a look at my regular trading list!

Firefox just crashed again while I was trying to look at the list and get the addresses. Will PM those I am sending to. That was an experience coldwater shock therapy sort of thing! B) it was terribly complicated ( I suddenly remember why I didn't want to go in the others! ) but really nice to be trading with two 'new' people I might not have had the chance to otherwise!

Thanks for letting me take the plunge Katya!

I've already reveived a mail from Mal about this and of course we'll get this fixed too. Strange thing is that his trades were ok during the first run, and now they're not. ANyway, so far it looks like most people are getting what they want, so I'll get things worked out with 3BE and will run the software again (like most have noticed already, this probably won't revolutionize what everyone is getting, you should only expect minor shifts).

Watch this space for updates on progress...

Thanks everyone for bearing with me here!

Hey Mal,

If you read back a bit, you'll see that a few lists were hit with the "1 number blues" after some number shuffling took place during the regroup period. We were all allowed to fix our list to correct the number shifts. You need to email Katja and discuss it with her.

TMA

Oh, I'm not complaining. But I thought that the coins you listed first in your "want formula" took precidence over those listed later and since I got none of the ones listed first or even close to first I will need to limit those I'm seeking next time around. :laughing: Maybe then I will get at least one of the ones I really, really REALLY wanted. ;)

CF30

P.S. The coins I am to recieve did not change at all from the first time you posted it to this time. (durn... I was hoping...) :lol:

Oh, I'm not complaining. But I thought that the coins you listed first in your "want formula" took precidence over those listed later...

That is true they do take precidence, but the one who has the coin you want may want to trade for other coins before yours. Thus if you wanted COINA, you rank it first on your list. And if I own COINA and see something I REALLY want to trade for, I will list your coin high too, but maybe I just want to trade my coin for COINB (which you don't own).

So now matter if you list one or a hundred coins you want, if that person doesn't want to trade or wants other coins first, you won't get that coin.

Did I clear anything up?

Oh, I'm not complaining. But I thought that the coins you listed first in your "want formula" took precidence over those listed later...

That is true they do take precidence, but the one who has the coin you want may want to trade for other coins before yours. Thus if you wanted COINA, you rank it first on your list. And if I own COINA and see something I REALLY want to trade for, I will list your coin high too, but maybe I just want to trade my coin for COINB (which you don't own).

So now matter if you list one or a hundred coins you want, if that person doesn't want to trade or wants other coins first, you won't get that coin.

Did I clear anything up?

Not really.

It shouldn't really matter if the owner of a coin you want fancies something on your list. The program isn't set up to do direct trades (unless that's the best solution for a particular pair of coins). It only matters that SOMEONE really wants something on your list. The program should then try to find the best series of trades required to get everyone the coins they want.

Well, considering that we are not directly trading with each other, no. I mean if I have COINA and you have COINB - which I want but you don't want COINA but would rather have COINC and the holder of COINC wants COINA then a trade is made (super simplified) or something like that. So it shouldn't matter if you want the coin I have as long as a trade loop can be made. Ummmm I think.... headache coming on... :laughing:

CF30

I crunched the numbers on the want list to see which of my coins were the most popular. I'm kinda glad to see that the ones I took off the trading block at the last minute weren't in high demand. I haven't bother to see how high on people's lists the coins showed up... just the number of times they appeared.

Because we were only allowed to submit one of each coin to the list, I do have extras of some coins. If anyone wanted one and didn't get it, please send me an email. We might still be able to do a trade.

ID#	 WISHLIST SEARCHES		 COIN NAME
	by id#	by var.  total

265	  126	   54	   180	2006 Texas Bluebonnet
266	   17	   		  17	2008 Kansas Sunshine Silver
267	   46	   23		69	Feng Shui Compass Geocoin
268	  188	   37	   225	Four Musketeers Cardinal Red - Antique Silver
269		2	   34		36	Hammer of Thor Antique Bronze	(did not trade)
270		2	   34		36	Hammer of Thor Antique Copper
271		2	   40		42	Hammer of Thor Antique Nickel
272	   37	   		  37	Mermaid Swag Copper
273		2	   92		94	Seize the Day Antique Gold
274	   34	   51		85	Swedish Moose Antique Silver
275	   34	   20		54	Swedish Moose Two-tone Antique Silver / Antique Gold
276	   49	   		  49	Triple Dragon Antique Silver 
277	   77	   86	   163	Triple Dragon Two-tone
278	   33	   		  33	Unite for Tank Black Nickel
279	   14				 14	Unite for Tank Nickel
280	   15	   		  15	The Jersey Devil LE Shiney Nickel (not available to trade)
281	   10	   		  10	MarkTa Second to Find (not available to trade)
282	  155	   13	   168	Four Musketeers Imperial Purple AS

The colums are:

ID# - The id number of my coin as it appeared on the final list

by id# - The number of wish lists in which the id# appeared

by var. - The number of wish lists in which the id# appeared as part of a user-created variable

total - The total number of appearances

Edited by E&Cplus3

Not really.

It shouldn't really matter if the owner of a coin you want fancies something on your list. The program isn't set up to do direct trades (unless that's the best solution for a particular pair of coins). It only matters that SOMEONE really wants something on your list. The program should then try to find the best series of trades required to get everyone the coins they want.

Sorry, I was trying to oversimplify the trading process to state that if your coins are not highly desired, you probably won't get the coins you highly desire (if they are highly desired by others).

Edited by icydove

Checked both final results against my want list , get for each coin one coin i wanted.

Only one coin i would have reveived after the first result ,changed to another coin.

Don't know if the last list is correct, some of my trading coins now went to another person?

greets

Current results are as per my post 216. THere are still some glitches, so these results are not final either, sorry. No changes have been or will be made to the results in the spreadsheet without my posting about it here in this thread first.

hmm. The trade list seems to have changed in the last few hours. I have different results now!

Yes, that happens, nothing you should worry about. As long as you are getting coins that you actually signed up for! (But remember, I'll have to run the software one more time to get all glitches out. This will be later today, hopefully in only a short while.)

<snip>

Don't know if the last list is correct, some of my trading coins now went to another person?

greets

Ok, I think I have finally sorted things out. But just in case, I am going to do things a bit differently: I am going to mail each participant individually to let them know what coins they will be receiving, asking them to confirm that the results look ok. Once I get everyone's ok, the results will be final and I will post them here.

Thanks everyone for being patient. The learning curve was a bit steeper than expected I guess (note so self: next time, don't assign ID's until all coin offers are in!)

Well it has been interesting in the reshuffle 3 trades stayed the same 3 changed one was one i really wanted and i ended up with 3 coins the some two silver a gold but i they might be good traders and that was definatley my fault for not setting of a % list for that coin. I am just not that good at all these numbers.

So far I've received 29 thumbs-ups, and there are 5 people I haven't heard back from yet. So things are looking good and I should be able to confirm everything later today.

My apologies to those that are very unhappy because now they are not getting a specific coin that was coming their way in the earlier version. If it is any consolation, in most cases the coins in question are not being traded at all, because the want lists of the owners were pruned a little.