3rd International math trade starting now!

kdv

Ok, as promised:

What if a coin you want is listed multiple times and you don't want to risk receiving 2 or more of the same coins?

%lord : 695 443 654 244

%laptop : 634 635

Now you simply include these names in your want list, instead of the actual coin numbers. Your list would then change from the above example to the following:

1 : %lord %laptop 207

2 : %lord %laptop 207

This way, if coin 1 gets traded for a coin from the "%lord" group, this will not be the case for coin 2, and vice versa.

To use this system, you need to include the variables you define at the top of the want list that you send to me, starting every line with your nick in parenteses, like this:

(kdv) %lord : 695 443 654 244

(kdv) %laptop : 634 635

(kdv) 1 : %lord %laptop 207

(kdv) 2 : %lord %laptop 207

I'm being a bit dense here....... I get the part of the %lord %laptop.... but what does the 207 designate?

Is this for the coin you are offering up for trade? Or do you just pick one of the 'duplicates' to list in your variable? I just want to make sure I do this rignt, so sorry!!!

The '207' is just a random coin number, intended to indicate that, naturally, you can also include individual coin ID's in your want list, without grouping them in any 'variable'.

I hope this clarifies things :blink:

Katja

Ok, as promised:

What if a coin you want is listed multiple times and you don't want to risk receiving 2 or more of the same coins?

%lord : 695 443 654 244

%laptop : 634 635

Now you simply include these names in your want list, instead of the actual coin numbers. Your list would then change from the above example to the following:

1 : %lord %laptop 207

2 : %lord %laptop 207

This way, if coin 1 gets traded for a coin from the "%lord" group, this will not be the case for coin 2, and vice versa.

To use this system, you need to include the variables you define at the top of the want list that you send to me, starting every line with your nick in parenteses, like this:

(kdv) %lord : 695 443 654 244

(kdv) %laptop : 634 635

(kdv) 1 : %lord %laptop 207

(kdv) 2 : %lord %laptop 207

I'm being a bit dense here....... I get the part of the %lord %laptop.... but what does the 207 designate?

Is this for the coin you are offering up for trade? Or do you just pick one of the 'duplicates' to list in your variable? I just want to make sure I do this rignt, so sorry!!!

well I have sent some form of list in - Not sure I got it right

I'll know if I get it wrong when I either get my coins posted back or "the Moop alongs" in a padded envelope crippling my postman!!!! ;):blink::blink:

Bob

Hey now :( Someone else is gonna want them too . . . :(

Hey if I got all your coins I'd have done okay - it is if they put you in the envelope Im worried about

I'm still waiting for a few want lists, but in the meantime I've been running some tests on the ones that have already come in and everything seems to be working smoothly. So as soon as the last few lists arrive, basically all I'll have to do is 'hit the button' and all trades will be known!

I'm still waiting for a few want lists, but in the meantime I've been running some tests on the ones that have already come in and everything seems to be working smoothly. So as soon as the last few lists arrive, basically all I'll have to do is 'hit the button' and all trades will be known!

Sweet. What did I get? Anything good? Maybe I can talk those last lists out of coming in :lol:

Sweet. What did I get? Anything good? Maybe I can talk those last lists out of coming in :lol:

:)

well, the way my test turned out only 3 of your coins would make their way over to JTPB :)

We're getting close! Only 3 want lists are missing and I have just sent out reminders to the people involved. If the math trade were to be finalized now, no less than 333 coins would be traded! Maybe a good time to buy some shares of some postal service company ;)

We'll have the results as soon as the last missing want lists come in. Two more days of waiting in thw worst case scenario. As soon as I can run the results I'll do it and I will post the results here immediately.

Cool. Are we all set?

We'll have the results as soon as the last missing want lists come in. Two more days of waiting in thw worst case scenario. As soon as I can run the results I'll do it and I will post the results here immediately.

Cool. Are we all set?

Dang, I'll be gone when the results come in, lol. Looking forward to seeing what happens here. Thanks for all your hard work Katja!

Sent my want list in at last! Modifying it several times made the job a lot harder.

I was a lot fussier this time around in an effort to keep my postage bill down. :o

Thank you Katja for all your efforts hosting this!

Whaddya mean postage? You sent 50% of your coins to me last time. Saved shipping :blink: Nice to see the names are wrapped up.

So what did I get already :o

TMA

Sorry guys--sounds like you may have been waiting for us! We finally finished our list. I was sick for most of the week, and nothing got done this week.

But, our list is on it's way now--5 and 1/2 hours early! :o

Hmmm. Kinda like waiting for a SYF payment :o About time :blink:

So now what did I get? :D

Hey now--that was all Chris, not me!!!! I didn't know anything about it until after the fact. :o

Did anyone else have trouble with the middle number trades? I'm on the road, so I don't have my printout that I used to list from. I received coins # 394, 482, 442, 431, 392, and 425 that I did not ask for based on the matrix as of (5) minutes ago when I opened it. The coins I asked for in each case are currently (1) number below, 395, 483, 443, 432, 393, and 426. Something really weird happened here. I guess I have to sulk home and see why I got crushed . . . :blink:

My trades below 500 and above 350 all seemed to be "what I asked for". I dunno. Somehow the numbers moved one down, but the coin names stayed put.

TMA

Well, currently, I don't know what happened. Remember, I said I printed out a hard copy and used that to write a list of coins I actually wanted. Example:

When I put PengoFamily 482 on my list, it was a Pink Tranquility LE. Today, it's a TNT party poker chip, and the Pink Tranquility LE is now 483. It seems weird that I could have made the exact same 1 number above mistake 6 times.

Perhaps the timing of my printout was in error, but I don't have a timestamp on it. Who knows.

Do you have a record of when/what numbers you made changes to?

TMA

Here at my bro's house, checked mine, same story here, coins I receive weren't ones I requested on my submitted trade list (with the exception of 1 coin). So something obviously got mixed up.

No worries, I'll wait until you get it figured out kdv :blink: I'm sure this took alot of time, so waiting patiently.

Edited by tsunrisebey

If you haven't seen any math trade results yet, they were there but I had to 'retract' them, because something was off with the want lists.

Here's what probably happened. My guess is that some people started compiling their want list when the 'regrouping' period wasn't over yet. During regrouping I have changed a couple of ID's (in hindsight this obviously wasn't the best idea).

I am now trying to work out the correct want lists for tsun and TMA. After that I will run the software again. Before publishing the final results I may have to communicate on an individual basis with all participants to make sure all want lists are as they should be.

So bear with me please, and thanks for all your patience!

Katja

Ok, so we're not the only ones....most of ours sounded OK, but we were supposed to receive a poker chip that wasn't listed on our list--or the list Chris had saved on his computer. He's not here right now, but he knew was it was supposed to be. That was the only one that jumped out to us as really strange, but we thought we typed something wrong.

Ok, so we're not the only ones....most of ours sounded OK, but we were supposed to receive a poker chip that wasn't listed on our list--or the list Chris had saved on his computer. He's not here right now, but he knew was it was supposed to be. That was the only one that jumped out to us as really strange, but we thought we typed something wrong.

But then again, it may have just been a typo on our part, since it's only one coin. And,we used the list that was posted as of last night-well after the regrouping period, so it may have just been us.

I just sent a mail to lindsychris. It seems that this was a small error on their side, not mine (phew!). Wrong number included in their want list. Will fix this for them.

Lucky for you, lindychris, since results are suspended anyway, otherwise you would have been 'stuck' with the poker chip :blink:

Katja

Edited by kdv

I just sent a mail to lindsychris. It seems that this was a small error on their side, not mine (phew!). Wrong number included in their want list. Will fix this for them.

Lucky for you, lindychris, since results are suspended anyway, otherwise you would have been 'stuck' with the poker chip :blink:

Katja

Thanks again Katja--not sure how the poker chip ended up in the License group--that 568 and 548 makes a big difference! That'll teach us to wait until the last day to get our lists together. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Ok, so I feel pretty bad that I've delayed the results. Granted I wasn't alone :blink: but still, I guess I missed the regroup ID switch thing. It happens, and well, no sweat. Anyway, Sonja has gone to work to pull her hard copy list that she did (assuming we both made the same error). I promise we're working feverishly to get our lists straightened out so now I'm not the hold up anymore.

Sorry.

TMA

grammar edit**

Edited by The Moop Along