Finding bodies in the desert...

I had an interesting introduction to geocaching, a couple of days ago and wrote a blog about it. In my blog, called "The Process" I plugged this site. I received numerous kudos and several people have expressed interest in geocaching.

I made fun of geocaching a little in the blog, but that was just creative license. Enjoy.

Go to (deleted by moderator) and click on the BLOG tab.

Edited by mtn-man

WOW! I just skimmed the blog for my first response. At first I was suspicious that you were making a commercial post selling your website, but then I settled down and read it word for word.

This is the part that geocachers should really read and try to understand. A unique perspective from the outside and very well written:

(deleted by moderator)

I hope you don't mind me quoting you out of context. I'll delete the quote if you object.

But there is a lesson for alot of folks in this forum from that.

Personally, if you do go back. Your story would be better than even trade for what you took from the cache. WAYYY better than even. :mad:

Edited by mtn-man

Interesting....

So...Need some help figuring out which cache to log as found? :mad:

Give the nearest cross street and I'm sure we could help you pinpoint the right one. :mad:

I am in El Paso, 79912, and found the "I can hear you now" cache. Fuqowee on here started it I think (I am wicked good at research). For those of you in the area, I plan on leaving a whole bunch of restaurant gift certificates, but not until the beginning of May when I get back to El Paso.

WOW! I just skimmed the blog for my first response. At first I was suspicious that you were making a commercial post selling your website, but then I settled down and read it word for word.

This is the part that geocachers should really read and try to understand. A unique perspective from the outside and very well written:

(deleted by moderator)

I hope you don't mind me quoting you out of context. I'll delete the quote if you object.

But there is a lesson for alot of folks in this forum from that.

Personally, if you do go back. Your story would be better than even trade for what you took from the cache. WAYYY better than even. :D

We all need to kick back and enjoy the journey! :D

By the way, I'm still laughing at one of your sig quotes: "Frisbeetarianism: The belief that when we die, our souls go up onto the roof and get stuck there." - George Carlin :mad::mad:

Edited by mtn-man

Interesting....

So...Need some help figuring out which cache to log as found? :mad:

Give the nearest cross street and I'm sure we could help you pinpoint the right one. :mad:

I am in El Paso, 79912, and found the "I can hear you now" cache. Fuqowee on here started it I think (I am wicked good at research). For those of you in the area, I plan on leaving a whole bunch of restaurant gift certificates, but not until the beginning of May when I get back to El Paso.

You should go ahead and log it online as a find. If it were MY cache, I would enjoy that story on an online "found it" log. Ya might hafta star a few of the words like the forum software did, but it doesn't detract from the story. :D

Actually, you might hafta do multiple logs as you'd run afoul of the character limit on find logs.....

Edited by Snoogans

Sorry, but the blog is a web site posted is a commercial web site, and some of the links and images posted on it were not family friendly. In addition, the posted quote contained profanity, so I deleted the whole thing.

If you would like to post a link to your web site, please do it in your profile. To post it in the forums, please gain permission to advertise from Groundspeak by using the contact address. Please keep in mind that profiles should also be kept family friendly. Kids play this game, and we like keeping it light and fresh for their benefit.

Topic closed.