Convert .loc to .gpx

icefall5

Is it possible to convert .loc files to .gpx files? I've found several programs that will do it for Macs, but none for Windows.

Only in a cosmetic fashion. You won't gain anything, since LOC files only contain bare-bones data, while GPX files contain everything that's on a cache page. A conversion won't make that missing data appears out of nothing.

I magically did it by sending Groundspeak $30. Suddenly I had access to .gpx files.

As stated above, converting the file from .loc to .gpx won't get you the extremel useful info that is left out of the .loc file.

Wow, non premium members only get .loc files? You learn something new every day. :rolleyes:

As many have said, you can do it, but it's really just the .loc with the .gpx extension, and it won't "create something out of nothing".

I magically did it by sending Groundspeak $30. Suddenly I had access to .gpx files.

As stated above, converting the file from .loc to .gpx won't get you the extremel useful info that is left out of the .loc file.

Yeah, I knew that. I was trying to see if I could download the .loc file, then convert it to .gpx and manually add in the extra info. I've been using Cachemate with .loc files, and it's annoying to manually add the descriptions and things in on the palm. I can type much faster than I can use graffiti. :laughing:

After looking at the GPX schema, that's going to be interesting. :laughing: Thanks for the help everyone!

Edited by icefall5
You are a premiumm member. Why do you need to deal with .loc files at all. Just do a query. Seems like you are making things more complicated than they need to be.
I was a premium for a couple of months, but for reasons I'd rather not get into here I canceled my membership (nothing to do with Groundspeak or GC.com, everything with them was great ;)). For some reason I still show up here as a premium member, even though I have visited the GC.com page that updates info in the forums. I have posted about this before, but nothing ever happened. Oh well. :( Edited by icefall5