Smilie of the day

DocDiTTo

Um, why are we being happy over someone graffitiing something that is not his? I'd already penned (not sent) a letter to the cacher who did this but it's a black eye to the hobby and shouldn't be taken with such an' its ok because it's funny' attitude.

Huh? I thought the folks that were working on the pole did this, not gooseman99. His log said "went to coordinates. location is gone and note was left where cache was moved to."

Um, why are we being happy over someone graffitiing something that is not his? I'd already penned (not sent) a letter to the cacher who did this but it's a black eye to the hobby and shouldn't be taken with such an' its ok because it's funny' attitude.

Huh? I thought the folks that were working on the pole did this, not gooseman99. His log said "went to coordinates. location is gone and note was left where cache was moved to."

Maybe... that's not how I read it but I guess it could be read that way...

I recommend Oops! :laughing:

Actually, I was going to say the way it says "GPS trackers" doesn't really sound like it was written by a geocacher.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

I agree. It certainly appears that whoever removed the pole left the note. This is especially true since the temporary box that the note is on was likely installed at the time of pole removal (and cache relocation). This hypothesis is supported by the fact that the verbiage of the note doesn't match what a geocacher would write.

I could not be more tickled by this entire scenario.

Edited by sbell111

I don't condone graffiting grafitiing writing on stuff that isn't yours. It's my understanding that the note was from those who removed the pole and put the temporary box in place, not from a cacher. I wouldn't make light of vandalism, especially that caused by one of our own.

It looks to me as thought the utility company removed the pole and were kind enough not to destroy the cache. Quite nice of them actually to even leave a note!! As a side note I agree the gray box the note was left on was probably installed to protect the electrical wiring until another pole is installed.

I agree that "GPS trackers' signing paper" does NOT sound like something a cacher would write.

I don't know man, there's a guy in my area (over 1,000 finds I think), who refers to geocaching as "finding geos". But I agree, that does not sound like geo-lingo, and it's the first thing that popped into my head when I viewed the pic. I remember some neighbors on the edge of a local park removed a micro from a stone wall (in the park), and left a note saying "the compass catch (sic) has been removed". :rolleyes:

Who ever wrote the note probably works on enough poles to be familiar enough with the game and nice enough person to want to be helpfull. Ya gotta appreciate it. The effort is a great plus and not likely to be established as a norm of some kind. I would love to hear the conversation before the note was written. A well meaning someone did the best they could.

Edited by GPS-Hermit

I can see it now...The one who wrote the note didn't add the "That Way" part, but his buddy standing nearby saw the first part, and then said, "Oh, Yeah...WHICH ONE?"

I really love the way the picture is framed, I presume the Light pole in questins is the one directly in the background.

Leave everything as is, and change it to a Multi Cache

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

"Hey Bob, here's another one of those things the GPS trackers keep leaving in our lamp posts!"

"Yep. Think they'll be upset when they don't find the signing paper?"

"Maybe we should leave 'em a note." :mad:

So all lamp post utility workers are really geocachers....I'm going to start referring to myself as a GPS tracker.

I was most impressed by the proper use of the apostrophe. :mad:

Same here; I agree with Team Gumbo. My take on the situation was that the preexisting pole had been removed from service by a service contractor, and that, on finding a geocache in the base, the technicians had thoughtfully moved the cache to a nearby pole.

Geez, all the workers did was move it to another light pole and leave a note as to what they did? They could have at least had the common decency to submit the new coordinates for approval. I mean, it might be too close to another LPC. Did they think about this ahead of time? Not likely I say.

:mad::mad::D:D:D:D

I assumed that the people who were removing/working on the pole wrote it. The way it is written doesn't appear to be by a person familiar with caching.

Edit: Sorry for the redundancy, I should have read the rest of the posts before posting!

Edited by carleenp

Geez, all the workers did was move it to another light pole and leave a note as to what they did? They could have at least had the common decency to submit the new coordinates for approval. I mean, it might be too close to another LPC. Did they think about this ahead of time? Not likely I say.

:P:D:DB):DB)

Now that's funny. I don't care who you are.