Any information about new Garmin map releases?

epurb

I hate posts like this. Someone reads something and takes it as a fact. I wish I could remember where I read it, but does anyone here know anything about new map releases from Garmin coming out this month?

Yes. I am expecting my City Navigator, N.A., "NT" V.2009 update DVD to arrive this morning according to the FedeX Tracking site.

I have read of a few others who have already received thiers and installed it.

This update is now available from several vendors..... TVNAV, GPSCITY and AMAZON just to name a few.

Tim

I am considering a "formerly owned" Vista HCX. It comes with City Navigator NT 2008 on the 2gb micro SD card. It was loaded from a DVD but the DVD is lost. Will I be able to upgrade to CN NT 2009?

I am not sure, but I think you have to have it on your computer in order to install it; no different than installing an update to any computer program such as MS word. If you do buy it, I suggest you call Garmin. If you have it on a unit that was loaded from the DVD, they will probably be able to look up your unlock code by unit serial # and send you a replacement disk. They do not charge for the disks (I have 2 copies of CN NA NT 2008, but only one unlock code to use them with), but rather for unlocks, because the disk is useless without the unlock.