Quick NIMH question

Yes, but my understanding is thay they will only charge to the 2500 level, so it will not fully charge the battery.

not strictly true... The charger (if it is designed correctly) will detect the slight voltage rise / falloff (Delta V) as the cells become fully charged, and then should go into trickle mode. It will just take a little bit longer to get a full charge.

I just bought the energizer 2500mA car/home charger. If I buy 2700 mA batteries can i charge then in this charger?

Yes, but my understanding is thay they will only charge to the 2500 level, so it will not fully charge the battery.

That is correct, depending on the charger. If it is a smart charger, it will stop charging when 2500mah is reached. The trickle charge will only maintain that level.

Edited by Source_GPS

I just bought the energizer 2500mA car/home charger. If I buy 2700 mA batteries can i charge then in this charger?

That is correct, depending on the charger. If it is a smart charger, it will stop charging when 2500mah is reached. The trickle charge will only maintain that level.

NOT the Maha MH-9000, it does the delta V thing, then two decreasing levels of trickle, can't speak to the Energizer though.

Norm

Edited by RRLover