Moans and Winges

Can this topic be added to the "Multiple Pinned Topics" thread?

Somewhere central for everyone to have a moan and winge because others don't play the game the way that they think it should be played :D

[ME] Runs and takes cover from incomings. [/ME]

Surely what you really mean to say is that:-

I want to have a 'moan and winge' but don't want to make it too obvious (cluck, cluck :D) by putting it on the main forum.

?

:laughing::D:D:laughing:

I like the idea though, a sort of online stressball or punchbag :D

Can this topic be added to the "Multiple Pinned Topics" thread?

Somewhere central for everyone to have a moan and winge because others don't play the game the way that they think it should be played :ph34r:

[ME] Runs and takes cover from incomings. [/ME]

I like the concept, get things out in the open, moan about how the game should be played and why others don't play it your way.

It sounds healthy to me, Sigmund Freud would be proud. Somewhere to release pent up stress and anguish instead of kicking the dog. :huh:

Oh good. Can I moan about people who only write on one sign of a logbook page? I went out to replace a logbook on Friday having been told it was full only to find numerous blank sheets where pages had been skipped. It's even worse when people write TFTC TNLN in big letters on one side of the page. I'd like to promote more economical use of logbook pages. :ph34r:

Oh yes! Went out to do some maint. on a few of my caches yesterday. Two had "full log books" reported, one had "manages to squeeze my log in the FULL log book", in both case the log books were barely half full. Grrrrr....

Somewhere central for everyone to have a moan and winge because others don't play the game the way that they think it should be played

Not sure I understand how we'd benefit by having 75% of the postings on this forum pinned......... :huh::ph34r:

Edited by keehotee

Please Sir! Me! Me! Sir! Sir! (grovel, grovel)

Please Sir, people are moaning and whingeing before you've pinnned the topic. Sir!

Are you going to let this happen, Sir?

Please Sir! Pin the topic Sir.

Let's have a good ol' moan Sir.

Don't be a spoil sport Sir.

We promise (fingers crossed behind back) not to moan at you Sir.

Yours sincerely,

P :ph34r:

Somewhere central for everyone to have a moan and winge because others don't play the game the way that they think it should be played

Not sure I understand how we'd benefit by having 75% of the postings on this forum pinned......... :ph34r::huh:

I can see just one benefit............for my boss............ if it made the UK forum look like the Arabian Peninsula forum..........I'd be able to get some work done :P

Sounds Good to me.

(1) One line logs.

(2) One line cache pages.

(3) Cache pages with no attributes.

(4) Power trails (usually resulting in numbers 1-3)

(5) People who complain about muddy footpaths as though its the cache setters fault.

(6) People who don't put pens/pencils back in the cache.

(7) People who don't put the cache back in the same place where they took it from.

Thats better, thank you.

Edited by Foinavon

Could we not have an Old F***'s pinned thread so that those of us that have been visiting this forum for five years or more do not have to sift through the "What GPS", "What to use for paperless caching", "Does anybody think......", "GC comm is down again......", "My TB/Geocoin has been stolen", etc., etc., ad nauseam?

LiS

Lucilla...I'd like to whinge about your forum title:

Blorenge - only word that rhymes with orange...

I attended Gorringe Park Middle School. It's clear that Gorringe also rhymes with orange.

On the same line of whinge, we had the following log on one of our caches this week, from the pensive Hugh Jampton:

" Hugh Jampton found Sudbrooku Too (Unknown Cache)

On the way to this one, I couldn't help thinking that Blorenge is not the only word that rhymes with orange. What about Gorringe? I hear they make excellent jodhpurs. However, I haven't the thighs for them, so you'll never have to suffer the displeasure of seeing me wearing them, though the mental image alone is enough to make a grown man weep. "

I can see I shall have to add a codicil "...except rutson's educational establishment and the purveyors of excellent jodhpurs."

MrsB :ph34r:

I'll take you up on this.

I'd like to complain, moan, whinge and whine about the word "pointless". I've seen it used here to describe events, coins, means of moving TBs and possibly other things that the poster disapproves of. As in "caches of the kind I don't like are pointless".

But Geocaching itself isn't the most pointy activity. In fact, it's pretty pointless.

Describing things you don't like as pointless is ... er ... pointless.

So there.

I'd like to complain, moan, whinge and whine about the word "pointless". I've seen it used here to describe events, coins, means of moving TBs and possibly other things that the poster disapproves of. As in "caches of the kind I don't like are pointless".

But Geocaching itself isn't the most pointy activity. In fact, it's pretty pointless.

So there.

I take your point and a point well made :laughing:

So there.

Great! Another pointless post........ ;)

:laughing::rolleyes:

Sounds Good to me.

(1) One line logs.

(2) One line cache pages.

(3) Cache pages with no attributes.

(4) Power trails (usually resulting in numbers 1-3)

(5) People who complain about muddy footpaths as though its the cache setters fault.

(6) People who don't put pens/pencils back in the cache.

(7) People who don't put the cache back in the same place where they took it from.

Thats better, thank you.

(8) Caches with no suggested parking waypoint

and don't get me started on useless clues...

... thanks - feel better now. :laughing:

Could we not have an Old F***'s pinned thread so that those of us that have been visiting this forum for five years or more do not have to sift through the "What GPS", "What to use for paperless caching", "Does anybody think......", "GC comm is down again......", "My TB/Geocoin has been stolen", etc., etc., ad nauseam?

LiS

But, but, but... If you got rid of all the above, what would that leave you on the Old F***'s thread? :laughing:

MrsB

My main whinge at the moment is people that seem to be incapable of using the reverse sides of log books. Just been out and hauled in a "full" log book (over 150 entries) but 38 pages weren't written on on both sides. Each page fits 3 logs...that's over 100 more logs that could have been written in it! Hardly a full log book is it??

Sarah

whinge

whingeing

whinger

whingeingly

whingy

Oxford 9th edition :laughing:

My main whinge at the moment is people that seem to be incapable of using the reverse sides of log books. Just been out and hauled in a "full" log book (over 150 entries) but 38 pages weren't written on on both sides. Each page fits 3 logs...that's over 100 more logs that could have been written in it! Hardly a full log book is it??

This brings up an interesting question.....What is Log Book Protocol?

I usually go the last available space and add my log because I assume the logs should be in chronological order. If someone misses a page (or back of a page) should those spaces be filled up first?

So what's it to be chronological order or log book space?

Oh! And another moan............why isn't there spell checking on this bl@@dy thing? It checks for swear words!!!!!!

This brings up an interesting question.....What is Log Book Protocol?

I usually go the last available space and add my log because I assume the logs should be in chronological order. If someone misses a page (or back of a page) should those spaces be filled up first?

So what's it to be chronological order or log book space?

Oh! And another moan............why isn't there spell checking on this bl@@dy thing? It checks for swear words!!!!!!

In an ideal world all logs would be in order but I would think it would be a more reasonable expectation for the log book to be filled.

...and my forum posts do have a spell checker BUT it's rubbish so I always use my trusty dictionary to check words I'm not sure of....although I'm not bothered if people can't spell correctly as I know I have issue with my punctuation, as long as it's legible no worries.

Sarah

How about people that log a DNF when they either didn't bother looking (eg due to muggles, or didn't have time!), or tried to find a puzzle cache after brute-forcing / second-guessing where it would be?

Perhaps we could have a new cache log type - DNB : Did Not Bother :mad::mad:

taz' date='Apr 16 2008, 03:40 PM' post='3428407']

There is a reverse side of a log book? What is this madness you speak of. It sounds like witchcraft to me. :D

Why not use one page, and then when we get to the end the owner comes along and turns it over. :mad:

I just thought the right hand pages were for right handed cachers and the left hand pages were for the lefties :mad: Edited by studlyone
taz' date='Apr 16 2008, 03:40 PM' post='3428407']

There is a reverse side of a log book? What is this madness you speak of. It sounds like witchcraft to me. :D

Why not use one page, and then when we get to the end the owner comes along and turns it over. :mad:

I just thought the right hand pages were for right handed cachers and the left hand pages were for the lefties :mad:

We need to get some books that have 1/4 of the pages only on one side.

Oh good. Can I moan about people who only write on one sign of a logbook page? I went out to replace a logbook on Friday having been told it was full only to find numerous blank sheets where pages had been skipped. It's even worse when people write TFTC TNLN in big letters on one side of the page. I'd like to promote more economical use of logbook pages. :laughing:

You should use one-sided paper, available here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A337592

Ok, yet another whinge.

Quarrying. In a national park. Sat on fairly hard by local planning dept. Decision overturned by High Court Judge who appears to have missed the point and, presumably, actually *wants* the picturesquely wild bits of the Uk to be blighted by big holes in the ground.

Nice precedent for the rest of our National parks. Not.

Ggggrrrr. <*bites*>

(http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=295649&v=1#x4383625

http://www.thebmc.co.uk/News.aspx?id=2512

Btw, if you're at all interested in hill-walking, the BMC *is* relevant - they don't just deal with vertical rock, walking's within their remit too! I have a regular camping spot within sight of Longstone Edge, have walked over it many times and seen the quarrying getting more and more extensive, well hacked off.)

Ok, yet another whinge.

Quarrying. In a national park. Sat on fairly hard by local planning dept. Decision overturned by High Court Judge who appears to have missed the point and, presumably, actually *wants* the picturesquely wild bits of the Uk to be blighted by big holes in the ground.

Nice precedent for the rest of our National parks. Not.

Ggggrrrr. <*bites*>

(http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=295649&v=1#x4383625

http://www.thebmc.co.uk/News.aspx?id=2512

Btw, if you're at all interested in hill-walking, the BMC *is* relevant - they don't just deal with vertical rock, walking's within their remit too! I have a regular camping spot within sight of Longstone Edge, have walked over it many times and seen the quarrying getting more and more extensive, well hacked off.)

Please keep your whingeing on topic by restricting it to geocaching moans. :(

Thanks