Carry On Camping 2008

I knew I should never have read this thread. Bring on depression!!! Greg won't be back in the UK until the 6th and would be a long way to drive after his long trip home. We hope to see you all at COC 2009 if not at a camping event before then.

Sylvia

Two weeks and one day to go - keep praying for sunshine everyone!! :D

House of Boo

Waaaahaaaaaaaay can't wait for COC on my birthday!!! :huh::(:D:grin::)

But that was your excuse for NOT coming last year............ :):huh:

It was...................but I've heard it's going to be BIGGER and BETTER than last year, so can't miss out :D:(:D

Well I've picked up the set of tipi poles and am currently peeling all the bark off to make them into proper tipi ploes. 10 of the 17 done in one day which is very good going.

Due to work I won't be arriving till very late on the Friday or early Sat morning. But I'm looking forward to being there.

I'm contacting the camp site tomorrow and placing my booking, bringing a lady with me and there will possibly be some friends coming down as well who are part of a Native American dance display team. If they come then they'll willingly teach anyone interested authentic NA dancing and put on a display. I'm not sure who is coming but there is a Native dance called The Hoop Dance. If the hoop dancer can come then the display will be one that you'll never forget. Most people when they see it for the first time just stand there amazed with their jaw so wide it's on the ground!

The tipi I'm bringing is the one in the picture, so you'll at least know what you're looking for. It's not too big, the poles are 25' long and the tipi canvas stands 19' high!

Clawz

I'm not sure who is coming but there is a Native dance called The Hoop Dance. If the hoop dancer can come then the display will be one that you'll never forget. Most people when they see it for the first time just stand there amazed with their jaw so wide it's on the ground!

The tipi I'm bringing is the one in the picture, so you'll at least know what you're looking for. It's not too big, the poles are 25' long and the tipi canvas stands 19' high!

Clawz

That sounds great if they can come and show us some of the dances!!

I can't wait to see the tipi!!

Sorry you can't make it Lesley :anibad:

The tipi had it's trial run today and looks good.

I've spoken to the contact at the dance troop and she at least is coming and has passed the word around so more could well turn up. There is another event on that weekend so not all the troop will be there. Drums are important to all Native dancers, she'll be bringing hers and I'll be bringing mine. So music around the camp fire will be probable lol.

Yes I will be having a fire inside the tipi, but it's in a basket and safely contained.

I'm sorry to hear some people won't be making it, but looking forward to meeting those that do.

I'm now working on getting there a bit earlier than late Friday and hoping to do so.

Clawz

Ooooooh - It's taken me this long to realise I stayed at Norden Farm 23 years ago when I was still a stoodent.

Me and 4 mates came down from Southampton on our bikes for a long weekend.

Don't remember much after arriving and realising we were close enough to walk in to The Greyhound ..... hope the site's memory's just as bad B):laughing::D:anibad:

p.s. and one of my reasons for coming is to get away from the native american dancing for a weekend.... :D

Edited by keehotee

Is there an even split of Cowboys and Indians for this event? :) We're undecided yet which way we are going - we better make up our minds soon so we can get our outfits sorted. I've got a load of line dancing CD's I could bing along - shame I can't remember the moves :DB)B)

I heard you were always undecided on "which way" you went anyway :DB)

See you all there B)

Is there an even split of Cowboys and Indians for this event? :) We're undecided yet which way we are going - we better make up our minds soon so we can get our outfits sorted. I've got a load of line dancing CD's I could bing along - shame I can't remember the moves :DB)B)

See you all there B)

I'm hoping you mean North or South Mr Wadders and you're not being smutty! B):D

See you all there B)

I'm hoping you mean North or South Mr Wadders and you're not being smutty! B):D

LMAO B):D:D:D

:unsure: Still attempting to work this out... trying to combine it with a visit to my sister who may be able to assist with some transport.. Do I need to book or can I turn up ad hoc on the Friday night.. I really b]really[/b] want to be there if at all possible. :blink:

I don't know to be honest - however I am sure that worse case scenario you could crash in someones tent!!

:unsure: Still attempting to work this out... trying to combine it with a visit to my sister who may be able to assist with some transport.. Do I need to book or can I turn up ad hoc on the Friday night.. I really b]really[/b] want to be there if at all possible. :blink:

I don't know to be honest - however I am sure that worse case scenario you could crash in someones tent!!

Red Kite do you want me to throw in our small two man tent just in case? We have plenty of room to put it in the van.I don't think they would charge you much to put it up on our pitch I doubt it would cost alot. I could bring you an air bed too. You would just need your sleeping bag. We don't mind you sharing our cooker etc. Just let us know because I have a brain like a sponge and this will get lost in there. Even if you don't make it at least we would be prepared if you do. Have a think and let me know and of course keep reminding me to put it in the van lol.

AW how kind you all are!!! I bit the bullet.. booked the train tickets and phoned the campsite. :) The lady was very nice and we had a long chat about the weather. I informed her it will be wall to wall sunshine all weekend with all the praying thats been going on. :)

SO... see you there!!! :angry:

Lady S.. I would like to take up your kind offer of tent and airbed, that will cut down on the weight of gear I have to carry. Thanks very much..

Can't wait to see you all again.. xx

Lesley the tent will be packed along with airbed. Hopefully your bag will not be too heavy. Looking forward to seeing you.

Looks like Keehotee is sorted. I think it might turn out to be "how many tents can we fit in a Mazda Bongo" lol. :rolleyes::wub::)

Edited by sonatellas

That has to be the quickest event cache I have ever attended, 30 seconds before having to turn around to chase keehotee et al out on a caching run on sunday.

Many thanks that I was allowed to sign the log at our impromptu event down the road B)

promise that I will try harder next time. My excuse was a good one though ;)

B) Another soopa doopa wall to wall sunshine event from the Boo Brigade. ;) Well done Jo and Pete. Great choice of campsite and fab location all round. The Famous Five went for quality and not quantity this weekend and we were not disappointed. We all wished we could have stayed longer but sure to be back again. Roll on Coc 2009.xx ;)