Your farthest away found cache

All of my caches have been found in California. Since I am now living in Prague, come tomorrow, once I find a cache, it will be the first farthest from home. What is that? Like 6000+ miles? Of course, I'm living here, so, technically it's not the farthest from home....but I am still a US Citizen....

The farthest cache we've found was Victoria Falls in Zambia, southen Africa, 8059 miles from home at Jackson, Michian, USA. Though we found it there on Sep 29, 2006, I just got around to logging it today. Still didn't get the pics to upload in the correct size. Guess that's why I put it off so long. I'm slow with Photoshop et al.

Edited by Don&Betty

actualy its a tie 1922.7 miles the two caches are: GCTXBA and GCTA9R

Dude, you just gave away your home coordinance. Easy enough to triangulate that one. Although, those two caches are so close togeather, I guess the accuracy of the triangulation is probably virtualy nill.

Any way, so far my farthest cache is SW 158km, but 311 km driving. Not very impressive, but I have a few lined up this summer that are slightly over 3700km (2300 miles).

The farthest cache we've found was Victoria Falls in Zambia, southen Africa, 8059 miles from home at Jackson, Michian, USA. Though we found it there on Sep 29, 2006, I just got around to logging it today. Still didn't get the pics to upload in the correct size. Guess that's why I put it off so long. I'm slow with Photoshop et al.

I also found a cache in Victoria Falls, but the one I found was in Zimbabwe. When I was there (Dec. 2007) there was a virtual cache on the Zambia side but I didn't get to it. The furthest for me, though, was one in Johannesburg, GC15TVT (Aviation) at 8132.6 from home in Ithaca, NY.

Furthest North: TB Hotel Shiphol (Amsterdam, NL)

Furthest East: Aviation (Johannesburg, SA)

Furthest South Aviation, (Johannesburg, N)

Furthest West, Public Access, (San Francisco, CA)

I may be going to Peru in January and while it won't add any distance to the greatest E/W/N/S caches it could give me a find on the 4th different continent and 7th country in which I've found a cache and I'm still just over 3/4 of the way of reaching my 1000th find.

Caches in italy would probably be the farthest for me, but sometimes the farthest cache is one that may only be a few miles from my house: by the time you cross the ridge, hike a steep path down to the bottom along a lake, bushwhack your way through dense underbrush and fallen trees, follow the even steeper contours around the lake, and eventually make your way to a cache, it can seem a lot further away than Rome or Venice.

Edited by Erickson

Dang. You guys really travel. Been doing it for a month and I only have found caches no further than 50 miles away.

But that'll change as I plan on taking some summer road trips. Even then about 180 or so miles at the max.

Michigan's Upper Peninsula is dense with caches so there will be lots for me to find in the U.P. alone.

1,350 miles away... pales in comparrison to many of you.

I live in Colorado but am from Oregon. I have had to make many trips to Oregon recently for deaths in the family. And although that might not be the best reason to travel, it does open up the opportunity for some long distance Caching!