Your farthest away found cache

I am working this week in Memphis and have found a few caches so it looks like my furthest is 1317 miles from home. Not in the same class as many of the above. Of course if you added up the total distance of all my finds from home that would be a different matter. I know I can't count that high.

If you use GSAK there is a FindGenStats macro that will tell you your cache to cache distance. There was a thread awhile back which asked for the average cache-to-cache distance. Several people posted numbers around 60-70 miles

My total cache-to-cache distance is 46330 miles, divided by the number of caches found (381) gives me an average of just over 121 miles.

About a week ago I found in a cache in the morning about 18 miles from home, then five more in the afternoon

845 miles away.

a measly 10.5 miles for me, SE of where i live

you people have too much time on your hands................and GPSes

i should update this. At this time, i was using my Zipcode to find the farthest away from home. I updated my coords and now i got them all right

13.3 miles east of me is my farthest cache so far. don't blame me, i only got 82 finds on me :D:):)

with gas prices the way they are now, i may not cache as much as i want

2468.53 Miles, Tower of Walgreen GCZNJ8

Which, by weird coincidence is not only my (current) farthest cache from my current home... but the cache is located on a cattle ranch my family leased (and operated) when I was in my teens and is and less than 200 feet from where the house stood.

I AM NEW TO GEOCACHING 1 WEEK OLD AND 4 CACHES.PRIOR TO JOINING WE HAVE ORGINISED A TRIP CROATIA .ITALY.AND MALTA.SO WHILE IN MALTA HOPE TO FIND GCP5M5 AND THAT WILL BE 18416 km FROM MY HOME ON EAST COAST OF NEW ZEALAND MABY THIS WOULD BE A RECOARD

"LORDLYN"

Farthest traveling east: D.L.I. GC16R6H in Durban, South Africa 9429.24 miles

Farthest traveling west: Careful With That Axe Eugene GC2066 in Victoria, Australia. 9198.91 miles. That one is now archived but two others almost as far away are still active: Irish Memories, GCEEDE, 9195.56 and Melbourne's First, GC7A (one of the oldest caches anywhere) 9175,24 miles.

Farthest on my home continent is Bowhead, in Barrow Alaska, GCB266, 2916.87 miles. I think that one is the farthest north cache in the United States.

well, i've updated my distance a bit..................it's now 15.2..................

i suck

on the plus side, im getting near 100 caches

I feel your pain...... my farthest find is 40.5 away and not likely to change for a while.

I am in the same 'plus side' boat too. i will crack #100 next week when my dad, my two sons & myself head out for a cache day.

We are in the Seattle area and have pretty much hit the four corners of the US plus Hawaii. Blaine, WA border crossing 95 miles north. Cape Cod, MA (as far to the NE as we have been) 2,540 miles east. Cocoa Beach Florida 2,585 miles southeast. Sanibel Island, Florida 2,611 miles southeast (further south but not as far east). Anaheim, CA 984 miles south. Maui, HI 2,668 miles southwest.

Only about 850 miles away at Disney World (I live in New York). This was back when they actually had physical caches at Disney World. I've never been outside the U.S. or Ontario. But I did see Mexico once, from across the river in Big Bend National Park. Even Sarah Palin has me beat, as far as being a world traveler. :ph34r:

well, i've updated my distance a bit..................it's now 15.2..................

i suck

I feel your pain...... my farthest find is 40.5 away and not likely to change for a while.

I am in the same 'plus side' boat too. i will crack #100 next week when my dad, my two sons & myself head out for a cache day.

lol

well, to update myself on this, i can't believe that was in June, i now have 126 caches found.................and i only updated my distance up to 17.4 miles

i still suck...............but there's a hell of a lot of caches between me and that 17.4 miles. This is on page 37, with lots more caches continously coming out

i suck

lol

well, to update myself on this, i can't believe that was in June, i now have 126 caches found.................and i only updated my distance up to 17.4 miles

i still suck...............but there's a hell of a lot of caches between me and that 17.4 miles. This is on page 37, with lots more caches continously coming out

whoops, my bad. It turns out my distance is actually 18.1 miles, and it's page 39 now

In late 2005, in Chennai (aka Madras), India, at a site 8,530 miles (13,729 km) from home, I searched for two caches, the only two caches within a 120 km radius of Chennai, and both located in a religious park called "Tom's Hill", in the western end of Chennai, overlooking the city and the airport. I DNF'ed one cache, hidden in a bodhi tree at a religious shrine, and that was no surprise, as most everyone kinda knew from the online log notes that it had been missing in action for a very long time (eventually, with some prompting from myself and others, the cache was later archived by the reviewer for lack of maintenance.)

The other cache, Peaceful Park on Tom's Hill (GCMEKK), I found in a corner of yet another small shrine located within the park, this one buried under rocks at the corner of a rock wall, and under the watchful eye of a 50 foot tall statue of Jesus at my back, just 50 feet from me (and facing the cache; guess he is into geocaching... who knew?)

A day after logging my find online using the painfully slow 800 baud connection on the lobby PC at my hotel near Chennai, I received an email from the cache owner. Turned out that he was an evangelical Christian missionary, originally from Minnesota, and was currently in Chennai for a few months on assignment, working at a social services outreach school; he asked if we might be able to meet in person. Since I was still going to be in Chennai for another 10 days, we arranged to meet, and four days later, Dave and I met at a newly-opened American-style diner in a business district in Chennai. Strangely, it turned out that one of the waiters at the diner, a young Hawaiian-American man from Hawaii, was also a geocacher (he told me he primarily hunted and placed extreme geocaches in lava tubes on the sides of semi-active volcanoes on HI) and so we also got to meet and chat, and he kindly took a foto of Dave and me together; the foto may be found with my September 2005 find log on the cache listing page. Dave still contacts me periodically to see when I will be returning to Chennai for my next consulting gig!

I have also hunted caches in Nicaragua and Germany and even in the bizarre wild and hostile netherworld country called West Virginia; the latter is just too strange to even talk about.

Just an update on my earlier post (above). At the time of the post, I forgot to include Sue's finds during her late 2007 trip back home to Australia; I believe her farthest find was Don't Be Bluffed (GC8598) in South Australia, at 10448 miles from home.

And, on my recent consulting trip to Malaysia, I found several caches, including Kuala Lumpur Lake Garden (GCG0NW), at 9484 miles from home.

My furthest is "Taj" in Agra, India. It's 8161 miles from home.

It's also my furthest FTF... :)

If I count miles traveled to get to a cache, then Lakhang Cache (in Thimpu, Bhutan) is even further but, having gone more than halfway round the world, the distance to home gets shorter.

Bhutan was the only time that I've been able to find every cache in an entire country (but then, since there is only one, it doesn't take too long once you are in the neighborhood.

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer

1150.4 miles away. I, living in Albany NY, just drove my inlaws' car down to their summer home (in Orlando, FL), but, ahem... found Zeke's webcams (2 of them) on the Gulf Shores in Alabama. (Shoulda taken that right turn at Albuquerque, huh?) Awesome trip though.

The furthest caches that I ever did a round trip drive on were in Louisville, KY (just under 700 crow miles away).