garmin 60csx memory card

night2u

Hi all. My csx is being delivered tomorrow and I am wondering what is the biggest memory card I can get for it. I like to have all the maps in on place.

Secondly can anyone tell me how big City navigator North America and Topo Canada are?

Thanks

2GB card is effectively the largest you can use.

City Navigator North America NT about 1GB.

The version of Topo Canada that I have would use 3.8GB for all of Canada, so would need at least two memory cards for everything.

Edited by Gamma68

You're also limited to the 2025 map segments, so you wouldn't be able to fit all of Topo Canada on in anyway - it has 7316 map segments, including the high Arctic, 5408 of these are south of 60N.

For what it's worth, to give you an idea of how much might fit for your combination, I've got all of CityNav NT 2008 (Canada and the US) and Topo Canada from about the Manitoba/Saskatchewan border to the East Coast, south of about 50N (55N in Manitoba), amounting to 1468 map segments and 1509.1 MB. This doesn't include Newfoundland. I could almost add as far west as Calgary/Edmonton from 49N to 55N and make it in under the 2025 segment limit. Newfoundland (not including Labrador) would add about another 200 segments.