2008 Maine Pirate Quest Event Geocoins

hollora

Announcing – 2008 Maine Pirate Quest Event Geocoins – Small inventory – available here

Yesterday the 2nd Annual Maine Pirate Quest Event (GC17ZFJ) was held in Brewer Maine. GeoPirates from a number of parts of New England came and enjoyed the event. Cache Maine and hollora the sponsors partnered together and this year produced 250 coins for the event. The total minting was 250 – no more will be produced. Coins were sold at the event ~ Landsharkz will be releasing 50 of the REs (the total inventory they retained) sometime in the future.

The remaining REs are being offered for sale here. Limit 5 coins per person, please.

Specs: The coin is 2" high overall and 1 5/16” wide. It is about 3mm thick. The coin is trackable on geocaching.com with its own icon. icon32C2.gif

There were three metal versions done. All with the same die but 2 metals have glow-in-the dark sails on the ship. There were 10 coins special for Cache Maine; 20 XLE in Polished Gold with blue glow-in-the-dark sails (reserved for special uses); 70 LE in Polished Nickel with blue glow-in-the-dark sails (only sold at the event – event sponsors also held some for swaps); and 150 RE in Satin Gold with glitter sky/plain sails - they are NOT glow-in-the dark (some were sold at the event – remainder offered here – til sold out and Landsharkz will be releasing the last 50).

RE photo SG08MPQ.jpg

RE coins - $10.00/ea. Shipping to US for the first coin is $2, and $0.50 for each after that; international shipping will be slightly higher.

To order the coins, send me an email to geocoinsale@gmail.com (please use this email and not a PM) containing the following information:

Your GC handle

Your real name

If out of US - please provide your country to ensure your postage will be correct

Your Paypal email address

How many RE coins you'd like to purchase (limit 5 per person please)

A Paypal invoice will be sent to you within 24 hours. Once payment is made your coins will be mailed to you. Invoices will be sent in order (date time) emails are received at the special email address. I will post to the forums as soon as I realize when sales are over.

If you have any questions, PM me. Thank You!

Why two threads?

I am not aware of 2 threads in the sales area. In the trading area, I know two folks have been active. One of the posters purchased some at the event and Cache Maine. Th

The information on this thread is to sell out the remaining inventory which is not being held for swaps and trades. As stated, Landsharkz will release the last 50 of the RE when it works for them.

As of this posting, I have 9 left - all invoices have been sent based on requests sent to the geocoinsale email address - that's it for availablity public sale on this forum - Landsharkz release will be next and the end of these coins ~ except what people put on the E-place or have purchased to trade.

Thank you all for your support and compliments.

SOLD OUT - on my end - wait for the release of the last 50 from Landsharkz! Thank you one an all. I know a few folks are anxious for trades. I have already traded with at least one buyer. Not a lot left for trade so trades with me will be for special coins.

Again - thank you for your interest in our coin. Perhaps we under estimated how folks would like it but with only 250 - a few people will be really happy. Thanks again.

Hummm, should there be a next? :laughing: If so, what should it be? :laughing: Thanks again.

We've just listed a portion of our 50. I will be keeping a close eye on the counters and adding more coins throughout the day.

Totally mixing business and pleasure - I gotta run - we just solved a funky math puzzle and there's maybe still a chance at a FTF! First stop the cache, then the post office, then back here to see how these are doing :ph34r: .

Email sent for one. :D

Email sent back to you Tom - Everyone Please Note!!! hollora has No remaining inventory for sale . :ph34r:

These are available now For Sale through Landsharkz at their website :P while their supply lasts. :huh:

Thank you all for your interest - Landsharkz told us this would be a winner! Thank you Helen & Chris!

We are selling them in dribs and drabs due to the limited nature of this coin. If you see sold out, check back later to see if we've listed more. I will remove it from our site entirely once I know they're all gone for sure, so seeing it there with 'sold out' means we're packing orders and it may come back up again in an hour or so. Not seeing it at all there means they're gone for sure.

We are selling them in dribs and drabs due to the limited nature of this coin. If you see sold out, check back later to see if we've listed more. I will remove it from our site entirely once I know they're all gone for sure, so seeing it there with 'sold out' means we're packing orders and it may come back up again in an hour or so. Not seeing it at all there means they're gone for sure.

Now everyone knows how it is being done.

Thanks Landsharkz! Hope everyone enjoys the coin!

There was an AE edition done and all 10 of them went to Cache Maine. Thanks to Cache Maine 2 developing the original design concept and creating the crest last year. I just noticed Cache Maine has placed a set (the set is explained in the listing) for sale on Ebay. Having held these coins in hand I can assure you they are very nice. One thing which was not mentioned in the auction listing - the sails on this coin are glow in the dark and glow blue. Just thought I would mention the auction for any who really, really like this coin and would like an AE.