Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
earthshaker

Echolink Conference (net)

Could I get a show of hands (virtually) if any one is interested in joining a net let me know, it might be fun.

I know people that have conference servers, we might be able to use one for a virtual net, it might also bring more hams into geocaching always a plus.

73 KCØQNB

you are right no one there, I will drop the user an email, but is not a dedicated server anymore, just a link.

the last ecolink geocache net one died out after a few months

KF6VYH

Edited by JohnnyVegas

Still kind of new to echolink, but if there are 3 or 4 of us who want a net, as it sounds like here, what do we have to do to set it up?

Still kind of new to echolink, but if there are 3 or 4 of us who want a net, as it sounds like here, what do we have to do to set it up?

I would be interested in an echolink net. Someone had one on node 243320 but I can not find the node.

I'm really new into ham radio but about 5 years as a geocacher. I'd be ecstatic to have a geocaching net. I am just now figuring out how to use echolink.

Brian KB3RLJ

Anyone find anything on Echolink yet?

I just dunno...

I've been a licensed amateur for 20 years and have seen a LOT of nets come and go. Seen a lot of Hams come and go too.

I'm running IRLP node 3129 which also hosts EchoIRLP node 214691 or KB6ZOP-L. When it first went up, we had several hours per day of chatting and tons of inbound/outbound calls on both protocols but eventually - as the hobby seems to do frequently - faded out. Now, there may be as few as no usage for days at a time. I would love to see this kind of activity again but us Hams seem to change our modes of operation as often as... well I'll be nice.

So.. Hosted nets? Round table BS sessions? It could work - for a while.

J..

I just dunno...

I've been a licensed amateur for 20 years and have seen a LOT of nets come and go. Seen a lot of Hams come and go too.

I'm running IRLP node 3129 which also hosts EchoIRLP node 214691 or KB6ZOP-L. When it first went up, we had several hours per day of chatting and tons of inbound/outbound calls on both protocols but eventually - as the hobby seems to do frequently - faded out. Now, there may be as few as no usage for days at a time. I would love to see this kind of activity again but us Hams seem to change our modes of operation as often as... well I'll be nice.

So.. Hosted nets? Round table BS sessions? It could work - for a while.

J..

OK, this is the closest I have seen to doing something.

Zop, can we set up a RT sked? As I said, I am new to this, so will probably frustrate everyone the first time.

If it is OK, when would be a good time. I'll try to narrow it down a little. Sun Tues or Thurs? 8 or 9 Central time?