ISQ Finds

JPlus14

Lead Dog,

Are you still keeping the master list of numbers? We're in the process of working up 2 ISQ's in Tippecanoe County.

Also, FYI - while working on these 2 new ones, I was referencing the cache page on our existing ISQ and noticed that it has the yellow ribbon. We have not received a request to remove it, but it sounds as though we'd better do so.

Finally, I've been watching the forum debate raging over the change to ALR's, but there are so many posts that I gave up. Does anyone know if stating on the cache page that finds occuring after dark will be deleted is now also verboten? If so, I guess we'll have to rethink the new caches we're working on. As I said earlier, we're actively working up 2, but have tentative plans for about half a dozen more Tippecanoe County ISQ's. Removing the "incentive" to grab the cache after posted cemetery hours *really* makes me uneasy to hide any cache in a cemetery. Sad - we've learned so much from the ISQ series. :laughing:

Edited by Car54

Why are we even in this country if we can't respect the fallen soldiers before us that help make our country what it is. Oh well, what would we do if we get attacked and our armies decide they don't want to protect us? I know, I'm way off base here. Just keep taking our prem members money and we will all be happy. :D

Lead Dog,

Are you still keeping the master list of numbers? We're in the process of working up 2 ISQ's in Tippecanoe County.

Also, FYI - while working on these 2 new ones, I was referencing the cache page on our existing ISQ and noticed that it has the yellow ribbon. We have not received a request to remove it, but it sounds as though we'd better do so.

Finally, I've been watching the forum debate raging over the change to ALR's, but there are so many posts that I gave up. Does anyone know if stating on the cache page that finds occuring after dark will be deleted is now also verboten? If so, I guess we'll have to rethink the new caches we're working on. As I said earlier, we're actively working up 2, but have tentative plans for about half a dozen more Tippecanoe County ISQ's. Removing the "incentive" to grab the cache after posted cemetery hours *really* makes me uneasy to hide any cache in a cemetery. Sad - we've learned so much from the ISQ series. :D

I'LL STILL ISSUE THE NUMBERS FOR NOW. --

I surmise cache owners can still delete logs for valid reasons such as not signing the log,etc. and the "Not available at all times" and "Not recommended at night" icon attributes are still available --so I guess you can tell people not to cache in the cemetery at night--I know some of the more reasonable reviewers were even telling people to note on their cache pages not to cache at night in cemeteries, as many of them have posted hours--but who knows--Logic has not been demonstrated in the past to be one of Groundspeak's strong suits... :D:D

We are going to begin shutting down our portion of the ISQ series. We have been trying to clean up our cache pages that are in violation of new Groundspeak policies, but it's a huge job. We've decided to archive instead. It's been a good run. Anybody that wants to adopt any of our ISQ's let us know, and we'll attempt to remove the objectionable religious and political text prior to your adoption. Thanks for all your support!

GEO] From Reviewer Hilts: FYI and Agenda Issues‏

Sent: Mon 4/13/09 9:35 PM

To: postman357@hotmail.com

SixDogTeam,

Just for you information, with the changes to Additional Logging Requirement guidelines, log submission may no longer be deleted should the cacher not meet the requirement(s) beyond signing the log. The wording for the additional logging requirement does not need to be taken out at this time or changed, however, logs cannot be deleted.

There are other issues must be addressed. Any logo's that are agenda based, i.e. We (I) support our troops yellow or black ribbon logo, the "Military Association of GeoCachers" logo and link to their website must be removed from all of your cache pages.

Next on the list, all hidden text must be removed. Meaning, when the page is highlighted with the cursor only then does the white text show against the white background. These all must come out of the cache pages.

Also any references to Groundspeak asking that agenda based text or items be removed from the cache. For example: GC19MQW has most of these issues and this one in particular where you say that the support our troops was removed at Groundspeak's request.

All text similar to the paragraphs noted below must be removed from every cache:

If you find fallen or worn US flags at the graves of the veterans, please take a moment to upright or replace them. Dispose of worn US flags in a respectable manner. God Bless our troops and veterans.

Say a prayer for our brave troops, fighting the devil's minions overseas. God Bless Our Troops and

God Bless America!

Lex et Libertas—Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis! Please pray for our Patriot Armed Forces standing in harm’s way around the world, and for their families, especially those of our fallen

Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coast Guardsmen, who have died in defense of American liberty while prosecuting the Global War on Terror.

Any variation of the above noted paragraphs must be taken out of all cache pages. The wording is slightly different from page to page but the gist is the same.

If these changes are not done within a timely manner, a month would be a reasonable time frame, the reviewers will begin to disable all caches not following these requests and a bookmark of all your caches will be periodically checked to insure that non of these items are placed back into the pages. If item are placed back into the cache page the cache will be archived and will not be reopened.

It is only due to the fact that this request has been made of you, time and time again that these measures must now be taken.

Reviewer Hilts

User's Profile:

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=d9...c4-b081aabaefd9

------------------------------------------------------------

Forward abuse complaints to: contact@geocaching.com

Sixdogteam,

I strongly suggest that you take this topic (post) to another forum such as Geocaching Topics The reason for the suggestion that more geocachers should know of Groundspeak's anti-military atitude! There are far more geocachers there and folks should know what's going on!

The greatest objection that I have is the removal of the logo and link to the MAGC. This is flat wrong. Other geocaching groups have their links/logo all over cache pages so why discriminate against the US Armed Forces?

Let other's respond and maybe you can flush TPTB out in the open to explain their actions. :P

P.S. I just checked and there are 2 users on this forum at this time and 62 on the Geocaching Topics forum. I realize that this is late afternoon and not representative of normal use but I also suspect that the porportions are about the same at any time. Don't let this topic be buried!

Edited by Konnarock Kid & Marge

Sixdogteam,

I strongly suggest that you take this topic (post) to another forum such as Geocaching Topics

Let other's respond and maybe you can flush TPTB out in the open to explain their actions. :P

This topic probably is better handled in Geocaching Topics, but if you do, please provide some history. I'd be interested in a better understanding of the following:

It is only due to the fact that this request has been made of you, time and time again that these measures must now be taken.

Reviewer Hilts

This issue has been debated a few times. Here's some past threads I'm aware of.

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

I did look at the threads and only one part of it gives me problems. The following exchange:

THANK YOU!

This is my point. Supporting the US Soldiers is not a agenda. Its like supporting your teamsters Union, or your local football team. I live in Wisconsin and Hate football, but I don't hold it against the Packer Players themselves, Its not their fault, its just their job.

"You're wrong. Just ask pacifists, the owners of companies that don't want unions, or the other football teams. Supporting any of these groups is an agenda." Jeremy

What logic! Even pacifists are not against military, they are against WAR! Funny thing, ask most soldiers and they will tell you that they are also against war but sometimes they have to be fought. The statement tells us a lot about someone else's true agenda! :rolleyes:

Wisconsin now has 53 WSQ caches, we placed 17 new ones this year, have more planned, now its just the time to get there and do the leg work, all but one we put out were regular sized caches, and all are with in a 70 mile circle and cover 3 counties, you can find all of them by going to our profile and look at our hides

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

Illinois is now up to 67 spirit caches. Not too bad for something that started not to many months ago. Many have liked the idea and several have helped place spirit caches out. Thanks for all the help.

Hey joranda and folks,

This is really gonna seem dumb but could I start a series of spirit caches in either TN or VA (I live on the border)?

If so, what do I need to do and point the way to the guidelines for the caches.

See, I told you it was dumb but........serious! :laughing:

P.S. I may have trouble in TN. Some ex reviewer interpreted an old law that said cemeteries could not be used for play, which to him means geocaching. He grandfathered existing caches but refused to approve more. At the time I wondered, if it is illegal now how can you grandfather continuing illegal activities? Go figure. Obviously, I didn't bring that point up since I had two TN cemetery caches and didn't want the wrath of the entire caching community to come down on me!

Edited by Konnarock Kid & Marge

Illinois is now up to 67 spirit caches. Not too bad for something that started not to many months ago. Many have liked the idea and several have helped place spirit caches out. Thanks for all the help.

Hey joranda and folks,

This is really gonna seem dumb but could I start a series of spirit caches in either TN or VA (I live on the border)?

See, I told you it was dumb but........serious! :laughing:

P.S. I may have trouble in TN. Some ex reviewer interpreted an old law that said cemeteries could not be used for play, which to him means geocaching. He grandfathered existing caches but refused to approve more. At the time I wondered, if it is illegal now how can you grandfather continuing illegal activities? Go figure. Obviously, I didn't bring that point up since I had two TN cemetery caches and didn't want the wrath of the entire caching community to come down on me!

Here is a good place to start your Spirit Quest quest. ISQ homepage

Hey joranda and folks,

See, I told you it was dumb but........serious! :)

Here is a good place to start your Spirit Quest quest. ISQ homepage

Thanks. :D

Hey joranda and folks,

See, I told you it was dumb but........serious! :)

I wish you the best of luck on the start of your spirit caches. I really enjoy finding old cemeteries now. You can find some pretty neat looking headstones around.

Did a couple of ISQs two weekends ago, posted our new standard logging sentiment and then got an email today that kind of tied it all together for us.

There is an annual contest at Texas A&M University calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term. This year's term was Political Correctness.

The winner wrote:

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

:D:o

Did a couple of ISQs two weekends ago, posted our new standard logging sentiment and then got an email today that kind of tied it all together for us.

There is an annual contest at Texas A&M University calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term. This year's term was Political Correctness.

The winner wrote:

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

:D:sad:

I read your logs and you couldn't of said it better. :)

ISQ/OSQ/MSQ/NDSQ/MNSQ/FSQ FINDS REVISED LEADERBOARD

JPlus14...................471

Doobies..................365

dougsmiley..............322

Wolverine Warriors...318

Che K.....................285

4damfam................278

IC1.........................276

Buddaman...............271

IndyMagicMan..........244

Bluegillfisherman......242

Daggy.....................239

GoPhast..................244

Deermark...............229

Team Tigger............220

Dusti Rose...............214

501 Gang.................218

Eye of the Pirate.......213

The Moop Along........189

KrisNJoe.................. 198

Pairomedicchick...... 173

Are_we_there_yet?...165

Go Purdue................151

Random Find...........180

Rupert2...................136

Team Shydog..........129

S Keillan.................116

jtbrady01................190

Team GCHound........110

Fisherfinders........... 114

Ali Kat.................... 113

Car 54......................95

Team Bulldozer..........94

Floating Spots............79

SixDogTeam.............77

Gunpowder...............70

lakedawgs................71

Joypa.......................64

Cybret......................55

Jenischemni...............54

tbird..........................66

Tank Hounds..............63

Mintaka.....................53

Polaris20...................95

Earthdog Patrick........30

Solarwib...................45

Infinity Team............27

Sweetlife..................19

Wheel Dog................16

AndrewRJ.....................6

OtisB89......................2

Edited by SixDogTeam

Just in case anyone is interested, I have bookmarked all of the ISQ's on my profile and grouped them into counties that are for the most part next to/around each other. I did this more so for myself so that while traveling I could see what counties we would go through and just be able to click on the list and know which ones were on the way.

Anyway, feel free to use them!

Just in case anyone is interested, I have bookmarked all of the ISQ's on my profile and grouped them into counties that are for the most part next to/around each other. I did this more so for myself so that while traveling I could see what counties we would go through and just be able to click on the list and know which ones were on the way.

Anyway, feel free to use them!

<_<OUTSTANDING!!!!

ISQ/OSQ/MSQ/NDSQ/MNSQ/FSQ FINDS REVISED LEADERBOARD

JPlus14...................471

Doobies..................365

dougsmiley..............322

Wolverine Warriors...319

Che K.....................285

4damfam................278

IC1.........................276

Buddaman...............271

IndyMagicMan..........244

Bluegillfisherman......242

Daggy.....................239

GoPhast..................244

Deermark...............229

Team Tigger............224

Dusti Rose...............214

501 Gang.................218

Eye of the Pirate.......213

KrisNJoe..................207

The Moop Along........189

Pairomedicchick...... 173

Are_we_there_yet?...165

Go Purdue................151

Random Find...........180

Rupert2...................136

Team Shydog..........129

S Keillan.................116

jtbrady01................190

Team GCHound........110

Fisherfinders........... 114

Ali Kat.................... 113

Car 54......................102

Team Bulldozer..........94

Floating Spots............79

SixDogTeam.............77

Gunpowder...............70

lakedawgs................71

Joypa.......................64

Cybret......................55

Jenischemni...............54

tbird..........................66

Tank Hounds..............63

Mintaka.....................53

Polaris20...................95

Earthdog Patrick........30

Solarwib...................45

Infinity Team............27

Sweetlife..................19

Wheel Dog................16

AndrewRJ.....................6

OtisB89......................2

Here's some updated data about selected cache series. If you have any additions, corrections, etc., Please Post Here.

Indiana Spirit Quest, Allied with ISQ,.............2-25-04, 684 caches, SixDogTeam and 34+ hiders.

Ohio Spirit Quest, Allied with ISQ,.......... ......5-9-05, 49 caches, *The Shadow*/Moop Along and 6+ hiders

Michigan Spirit Quest, Allied with ISQ,...........11-14-05, 47 caches, Wolverine Warriors and 7+ hiders.

Minnesota Spirit Quest, Allied with ISQ,..... ...5-26-08, 1 cache, King Boreas

Ontario Spirit Quest, Allied with ISQ,.............4-12-05, 1 cache, Team Tigger International

Wisconsin Spirit Quest, Allied with ISQ,.........10-1-08, 54 caches, Sweet Life

Georgia Spirit Quest, Allied with ISQ,............10-12-08, 21 caches, LZ33 and 1+ hiders

North Dakota Spirit Quest, Allied with ISQ,... 5-17-08, 4 caches, Totem Clan

Kentucky Spirit Quest, Allied with ISQ,...........11-16-08, 8 caches, Cav Scout

Florida Spirit Quest, Allied with ISQ................05-07-09, 5 caches, Trader Rick and Rosie

PC Spirit Quest [indiana] Acknowledges ISQ,...5-1-05, 8 caches, Team Bobby Mac

Colorado Spirit Quest, Acknowledges ISQ,.......6-3-08, 288 caches, Ivy Dog Parents and 26+ hiders

Louisiana Spirit Quest, Acknowledges ISQ........1-31-09, 2 caches, Zsandman +1

~KSY [Kentucky], Copycat series ...................5-5-06, 143 caches

BC Spirit Quest, Independent,........................ ......4-11-07, 30 caches, Legacy Pac

Maine Spirit Quest, Independent, ................... .......5-7-06, 36 caches, Northwoods Explorer

New Hampshire Spirit Quest, Independent...............9-21-08, 1 cache, King.Hubi

Texas Spirit Quest Independent,............................11-11-08, 27 caches, Condor 1 and 2+ hiders

Whatcom Spirit Quest [Washington], Independent,...10-15-05, 25 caches, Half Canadian and Scooter

Illinois Spirit Quest, Independent,..........................2-4-09, 76 caches, Joranda and 3+ hiders

AB. Spirit Quest, Independent...............................4-19-09, 6 Caches, Donnord

"SQ" cache series:

Michigan -- ...64 Caches

Ohio --..........80 caches

Texas --........ 2 caches

Indiana --...... 1 cache

WSQ [Wisconsin] --14 caches??

Ontario --..... 2 caches

Edited by SixDogTeam