ISQ Finds

JPlus14

I know I've only found 2, but why am I not on the list?

Because you haven't posted your numbers here. Now you have and you are on the list next time it is updated.

But I had already posted my numbers before the most recent update. :)

It's no big deal though. I was just curious.

ISQ/OSQ/MSQ/NDSQ/MNSQ FINDS REVISED LEADERBOARD

JPlus14...................471

Doobies..................365

dougsmiley..............322

Wolverine Warriors...310

Che K.....................285

4damfam................278 (NEW)

IC1.........................276

Buddaman...............271

IndyMagicMan..........244

Bluegillfisherman......242

Daggy.....................239

GoPhast..................244

Deermark...............229

Team Tigger............216

Dusti Rose...............214

501 Gang.................214

Eye of the Pirate.......213

The Moop Along........189

KrisNJoe.................. 198

Pairomedicchick...... 173

Are_we_there_yet?...162

Go Purdue................151

Random Find...........175

Team Shydog..........129

S Keillan.................116

jtbrady01................148

Team GCHound........110

Fisherfinders........... 114

Ali Kat.................... 113

Car 54......................95

Team Bulldozer..........94

Floating Spots............79

SixDogTeam.............77

Gunpowder...............70

lakedawgs................71

Joypa.......................64

Cybret......................55

Jenischemni...............54

tbird..........................54

Mintaka.....................53

Polaris20...................74

Earthdog Patrick........30

Solarwib...................45

Infinity Team............27 (NEW)

Sweetlife..................19

Wheel Dog................16

AndrewRJ.....................6

OtisB89......................2

What about WSQ (Wisconsin Spirit Quest) Caches?

Just out of curiosity, I started counting how many WSQ finds I have...I got to 102 and then got too bored.

lagrac, the only WSQ caches that are connected with the ISQ are the ones that we have hidden in Oconto county. There are some very nice other WSQ caches around the state, but the do not follow the qualifications fo the ISQ. We wil be placing more soon in Marinette county now that the snow is receeding.

Barry of sweetlife.

What about WSQ (Wisconsin Spirit Quest) Caches?

Just out of curiosity, I started counting how many WSQ finds I have...I got to 102 and then got too bored.

lagrac, the only WSQ caches that are connected with the ISQ are the ones that we have hidden in Oconto county. There are some very nice other WSQ caches around the state, but the do not follow the qualifications fo the ISQ. We wil be placing more soon in Marinette county now that the snow is receeding.

Barry of sweetlife.

Thanks for the information Barry...looks as though I need to making myself a caching run to Oconto County.

This topic has been one that is very sensitive and close to many of my friends hearts. As a Combat Veteran myself when the changes were implemented all of us at MAGC were not happy. However, as a soldier you understand that sometimes orders are given that you may not completely understand or agree to based on your beliefs. However, you need to still follow them. As all of us using this web site has checked off the user agreements we are bound by Groundspeak's guidelines rather we like them or not. It has nothing to do with yours or mine beliefs.

With that said the information I did get back at this point is that the generic logo pointing back to the MAGC web site is allowed. Generic meaning it doesn't display any reference to "I support the troops", shows the yellow ribbon that many of us have on our vehicles. As for the cache page SixDogTeam archived a simple removal of the additional emblems and personal points of view would have sufficed. Archiving a cache is an extreme measure of protest. However, it's not mine to protest. Once I get further information I'll post it here.

I closing we all have ways to honor and support the troops. Unfortunately, the guidelines are specific in that we cannot do so on the cache page. So, let's please honor those guidelines. Remember the reviewers are volunteers and they are just trying to in force the guidelines as they interpret them.

Yes, this is exactly correct, and thank you for posting the common sense response on this topic.

My personal view is that geocaching is an international nonpolitical sport, and that once a little bit of politics creeps in, it becomes a slippery slope of what people start thinking is OK to include on their cache page. I personally dont object to the MAGC or yellow ribbon logos, but it is Groundspeak's game and they get to make the rules.

What I do object to is when folks let their patriotism and love for country, which we all have whether we watch Fox news or MSNBC, lead them down the slippery slope of directing hate speech toward's Arabs and Muslims by the use of words such as "Jihadistan" on their cache pages. I did make one (one of many, I am sure) of the original complaints to Groundspeak regarding this, as I viewed use of the word as racial and religious bigotry and very inappropriate. We need to remember it is not just Christians and Anglo-Saxons who cache, and be respectful of folks of other faiths and of other nationalities.

zuma

This topic has been one that is very sensitive and close to many of my friends hearts. As a Combat Veteran myself when the changes were implemented all of us at MAGC were not happy. However, as a soldier you understand that sometimes orders are given that you may not completely understand or agree to based on your beliefs. However, you need to still follow them. As all of us using this web site has checked off the user agreements we are bound by Groundspeak's guidelines rather we like them or not. It has nothing to do with yours or mine beliefs.

With that said the information I did get back at this point is that the generic logo pointing back to the MAGC web site is allowed. Generic meaning it doesn't display any reference to "I support the troops", shows the yellow ribbon that many of us have on our vehicles. As for the cache page SixDogTeam archived a simple removal of the additional emblems and personal points of view would have sufficed. Archiving a cache is an extreme measure of protest. However, it's not mine to protest. Once I get further information I'll post it here.

I closing we all have ways to honor and support the troops. Unfortunately, the guidelines are specific in that we cannot do so on the cache page. So, let's please honor those guidelines. Remember the reviewers are volunteers and they are just trying to in force the guidelines as they interpret them.

Yes, this is exactly correct, and thank you for posting the common sense response on this topic.

My personal view is that geocaching is an international nonpolitical sport, and that once a little bit of politics creeps in, it becomes a slippery slope of what people start thinking is OK to include on their cache page. I personally dont object to the MAGC or yellow ribbon logos, but it is Groundspeak's game and they get to make the rules.

What I do object to is when folks let their patriotism and love for country, which we all have whether we watch Fox news or MSNBC, lead them down the slippery slope of directing hate speech toward's Arabs and Muslims by the use of words such as "Jihadistan" on their cache pages. I did make one (one of many, I am sure) of the original complaints to Groundspeak regarding this, as I viewed use of the word as racial and religious bigotry and very inappropriate. We need to remember it is not just Christians and Anglo-Saxons who cache, and be respectful of folks of other faiths and of other nationalities.

zuma

Zuma is way too modest in his portrayal in this issue. He was instrumental in getting the yellow ribbons off of hundreds of cache pages as well as the stifling of any patriotic speech on cache pages. His goofy concept of "hate speech" would be laughable if it weren't so dangerous. Don't be taken in, folks.

Check this out:

A NEW DEAL

The plot thickens. what is happening here????

BAD DEAL

Looking over the cache page it's probably because of these lines. It takes it from being a general cache to one that becomes an agenda. Again not one that I may agree with but, we need to adhere to the rules.

This KSQ series is intended to honor those who came before us and show respect to those who have fought for our country.

God Bless our troops in harm's way.

Check this out:

A NEW DEAL

BAD DEAL

Looking over the cache page it's probably because of these lines. It takes it from being a general cache to one that becomes an agenda. Again not one that I may agree with but, we need to adhere to the rules.

This KSQ series is intended to honor those who came before us and show respect to those who have fought for our country.

I don't think that's it...Go to the hider's profile page and try to email him...

Check this out:

A NEW DEAL

BAD DEAL

I don't think that's it...Go to the hider's profile page and try to email him...

Do you mean this?

Email Address: The "send message" feature is disabled because this user is currently banned.

Wolverine Warriors...310

Are_we_there_yet?...162

Random Find...........180 :yikes:

Rupert2...................136 :D

Team Shydog..........129

Team GCHound........110

Infinity Team............27

Here's some data about selected cache series. If you have any additions, corrections, etc., Please Post Here.

Indiana Spirit Quest, Allied with ISQ,.............2-25-04, 670 caches, SixDogTeam and 34+ hiders.

Ohio Spirit Quest, Allied with ISQ,.......... ......5-9-05, 37 caches, *The Shadow*/Moop Along and 6+ hiders

Michigan Spirit Quest, Allied with ISQ,...........11-14-05, 39 caches, Wolverine Warriors and 7+ hiders.

Minnesota Spirit Quest, Allied with ISQ,..... ...5-26-08, 1 cache, King Boreas

Ontario Spirit Quest, Allied with ISQ,.............4-12-05, 1 cache, Team Tigger International

Wisconsin Spirit Quest, Allied with ISQ,.........10-1-08, 37 caches, Sweet Life

Georgia Spirit Quest, Allied with ISQ,............10-12-08, 16 caches, LZ33 and 1+ hiders

North Dakota Spirit Quest, Allied with ISQ,... 5-17-08, 3 caches, Totem Clan

Kentucky Spirit Quest, Allied with ISQ,...........11-16-08, 3 caches, Cav Scout

PC Spirit Quest [indiana] Acknowledges ISQ,...5-1-05, 8 caches, Team Bobby Mac

Colorado Spirit Quest, Acknowledges ISQ,.......6-3-08, 144 caches, Ivy Dog Parents and 26+ hiders

Louisiana Spirit Quest, Acknowledges ISQ........1-31-09, 1 cache,Zsandman

Ky Spirit Quest, Copycat series NEED INFO

Illinois Spirit Quest, Independent,..........................2-4-09, 21 caches, Joranda and 1+ hiders

BC Spirit Quest, Independent,........................ ......4-11-07, 25 caches, Legacy Pac

Maine Spirit Quest, Independent, ................... .......5-7-06, 36 caches, Northwoods Explorer

New Hampshire Spirit Quest, Independent...............9-21-08, 1 cache, King.Hubi

Texas Spirit Quest Independent,............................11-11-08, 9 caches, Condor 1 and 2+ hiders

Whatcom Spirit Quest [Washington], Independent,...10-15-05, 25 caches, Half Canadian and Scooter

"SQ" cache series:

Michigan -- ...64 Caches

Ohio --..........80 caches

Texas --........ 2 caches

Indiana --...... 1 cache

WSQ [Wisconsin] --14 caches??

Ontario --..... 2 caches

Edited by SixDogTeam

Check this out:

A NEW DEAL

BAD DEAL

Do you mean this?

Email Address: The "send message" feature is disabled because this user is currently banned.

Oooooohhhh, BANNED....hummmmmm

NEW POST WE SAW TODAY:

post Yesterday, 05:47 PM

Post #1

live to cache, cache to live

Group: Premium Members

I've always liked old cemeteries. Seeing the different style of headstones that they used back then compared to the ones of today, maybe it's a cost issue, but they don't make them like that anymore. After I went to Midwest Geobash last year and had time to find some ISQ caches there, I knew that I wanted to start something like that in Illinois. We have plenty of cemetery caches here but none of them labeled Illinois Spirit Quest. Then earlier in the year I seen two ILSQs get published in northern Illinois and thought I got beat to the punch. Later I found out they was "Spirit" caches but in the brown bag form with caches at liqour stores. Hey, there's nothing wrong with that, we get spirits in all forms. So now I have started Illinois Spirit Quest caches. We're only up to 25 right now but with help our numbers can grow.

Anyone who would like to add to the Quest can help with finding old cemeteries and taking the time to get them published. Sticking with the same guidelines of no caching in the cemetery from dusk to dawn. Pratice cache in trash out to help keep them clean. If you see something knocked over, pick it up or straighten it if you can. No hiding caches in, on or under headstones. Just all around respect for the place that you are in. Remember, we will be there one day, I' sure we would like to be looked after too.

Anyone who would like to add to the series can email me to see what number we are on. We can always adjust number if two of the same are published. I hope we have a good turn out, I have really been enjoying it so far. I'm sure we have all been by a old cemetery with some history that we would like to share with others.

Here's some data about selected cache series. If you have any additions, corrections, etc., Please Post Here.

Indiana Spirit Quest, Allied with ISQ,.............2-25-04, 670 caches, SixDogTeam and 34+ hiders.

Ohio Spirit Quest, Allied with ISQ,.......... ......5-9-05, 37 caches, *The Shadow*/Moop Along and 6+ hiders

Michigan Spirit Quest, Allied with ISQ,...........11-14-05, 39 caches, Wolverine Warriors and 7+ hiders.

Ontario Spirit Quest, Allied with ISQ,.............4-12-05, 1 cache, Team Tigger International

Georgia Spirit Quest, Allied with ISQ,............10-12-08, 16 caches, LZ33 and 1+ hiders

Colorado Spirit Quest, Acknowledges ISQ,.......6-3-08, 144 caches, Ivy Dog Parents and 26+ hiders

Illinois Spirit Quest, Independent,..........................2-4-09, 21 caches, Joranda and 1+ hiders

BC Spirit Quest, Independent,........................ ......4-11-07, 25 caches, Legacy Pac

Maine Spirit Quest, Independent, ................... .......5-7-06, 36 caches, Northwoods Explorer

New Hampshire Spirit Quest, Independent...............9-21-08, 1 cache, King.Hubi

Texas Spirit Quest Independent,............................11-11-08, 9 caches, Condor 1 and 2+ hiders

Whatcom Spirit Quest [Washington], Independent,...10-15-05, 25 caches, Half Canadian and Scooter

"SQ" cache series:

Michigan -- ...64 Caches

Indiana --...... 1 cache

Ontario --..... 2 caches

I am honored to see my name and cache series listed here along with you guys caches. It's been some hard work doing these but I am enjoying it. I'm over thirty some cache strong now with many more to come. :D

Currently there have been 111 (KSQ's)Kentucky Spirit Quest caches placed. The series was started May 5, 2006. I myself wanted to set them up to be allied with the ISQ but others wanted a less restrictive page layout and the majority ruled.

I am honored to see my name and cache series listed here along with you guys caches. It's been some hard work doing these but I am enjoying it. I'm over thirty some cache strong now with many more to come. :)

I still don't see why the Ky Spirit Quest Copy Cat series got archived followed by a ban supension. He just wanted to follow the ISQ rules. :o

If I'm following this correctly the series started by Cav Scout "Kentucky Spirit Quest" is okay since it follows the "ISQ" format. the "Ky Spirit Quest" needs additional information in order to fall into this category. I know I'll be corrected if I'm mistaken here.

I am honored to see my name and cache series listed here along with you guys caches. It's been some hard work doing these but I am enjoying it. I'm over thirty some cache strong now with many more to come. :)

I still don't see why the Ky Spirit Quest Copy Cat series got archived followed by a ban supension. He just wanted to follow the ISQ rules. :o

If I'm following this correctly the series started by Cav Scout "Kentucky Spirit Quest" is okay since it follows the "ISQ" format. the "Ky Spirit Quest" needs additional information in order to fall into this category. I know I'll be corrected if I'm mistaken here.

Kentucky Spirit Quest by Cav Scout, three new caches, allied with ISQ, are disabled by Groundspeak and Cav Scout is banned for three months. The other older cemetery cache series is a copy cat to ISQ, but did not want to adhere to our No Night Caching rule, or our guidelines in terms of photos and write ups.

Indiana Spirit Quest, Allied with ISQ,.............2-25-04, 671 caches, SixDogTeam and 34+ hiders.

~KSY [Kentucky], Copycat series ...................5-5-06, 111 caches

Illinois Spirit Quest, Independent,..........................2-4-09, 31 caches, Joranda and 3+ hiders

"SQ" cache series:

Michigan -- ...64 Caches

Indiana --...... 1 cache

Ontario --..... 2 caches

Edited by SixDogTeam

Kentucky Spirit Quest by Cav Scout, three new caches, allied with ISQ, are disabled by Groundspeak and Cav Scout is banned for three months. The other older cemetery cache series is a copy cat to ISQ, but did not want to adhere to our No Night Caching rule, or our guidelines in terms of photos and write ups.

The KSQ's for the most part do not allow night caching but the main difference between the ISQ's and the KSQ's are that those are recommended guidelines but not hard line rules. I am not leaning one way or the other and I think both series are great, that's just the way folks wanted the KSQ's to be.

As for Cav Scout, he at first wanted to do his caches in our series and I was helping him towards that goal then he decided to align his more towards the ISQ which is fine by me except by using the same numbers of the all ready established KSQ, it may start some confusion in the future. As for the ban, I do not know why he was banned, but I don't think it had anything to do with his KSQ's but only the PTB know for sure.

The KSQ's for the most part do not allow night caching but the main difference between the ISQ's and the KSQ's are that those are recommended guidelines but not hard line rules. I am not leaning one way or the other and I think both series are great, that's just the way folks wanted the KSQ's to be.

As for Cav Scout, he at first wanted to do his caches in our series and I was helping him towards that goal then he decided to align his more towards the ISQ which is fine by me except by using the same numbers of the all ready established KSQ, it may start some confusion in the future. As for the ban, I do not know why he was banned, but I don't think it had anything to do with his KSQ's but only the PTB know for sure.

Then why were his KSQ's disabled?

~KSY [Kentucky], Copycat series ...................5-5-06, 111 caches

"SQ" cache series:

Michigan -- ...64 Caches

Indiana --...... 1 cache

Ontario --..... 2 caches

Illinois Spirit Quest, Independent,..........................2-4-09, 31 caches, Joranda and 3+ hiders

We are slowly growing and are still within the guidelines. :D

We have updated your stats. What guidelines are you referring to?

I guess I didn't mean guidelines. I meant more of the lines of being respectful of the area that you are in. To only hunt for the cache during day light hours. Hiding caches away from the headstones. If you see trash, pick it up. Just all aroud respect. I hope you didn't take the statement the wrng way. :laughing:

We have updated your stats. What guidelines are you referring to?

I guess I didn't mean guidelines. I meant more of the lines of being respectful of the area that you are in. To only hunt for the cache during day light hours. Hiding caches away from the headstones. If you see trash, pick it up. Just all aroud respect. I hope you didn't take the statement the wrng way. :lol:

I don't know what the wrong way would be. I would hope you would not stray from those guidelines, they seem pretty basic to us! <_<

How frustrating am I. I did some maintenance on my ISQ a few weeks back and there was nothing in the cache. This morning I get the below email from a cacher who found my cache. Why couldn't it be me?

I found a Geocoin in there that says The Shadow and Indiana Spirit Quest but it hasn't been activated yet.

I had to email them back and let them know what the coin was about. Anyone have any extras???

We are growing some more. Heading out today toward the west side on Illinois to cache today. I'm sure I'll cross pathes with some older cemeteries out that way.

Illinois Spirit Quest, Independent,..........................3-13-09, 41 caches, Joranda and 4+ hiders

Here is a list of all the WSQ's that are not associated with the ISQ

I don't take credit for making the lists we have a SQ guru in WI, Marc_54140 he also has a list of all WI SQ that have been archived also

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...c5-268310d81cab

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...09-3124a9c1e0e2

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...c1-fdcfd4b0debe

there are 1,108 total on the lists that are active (about 10% of the caches in Wisconsin)

Edited by sweetlife

Grabbed me a real OSQ today while on my way home from Toledo, so 1 more SQ to my total!

Wolverine Warriors...310

Are_we_there_yet?...162

Random Find...........180 :rolleyes:

Rupert2...................136 :unsure:

Team Shydog..........129

Team GCHound........110

Infinity Team............27

Edited by 501_Gang

THIS IS SO COOL! THIS WAS POSTED BY NEOS2 IN THE GENERAL TOPICS FORUM:

"I found my 1000th cache the other day --in the same cemetery where my husband's great-great grandparents are buried.

It was a pleasure to be able to stop and take photographs of all the headstones. Many of the people buried near them are relatives. Some have different last names, but I recognized a daughter and her husband, and a son and a cousin. No doubt researching those stones will lead me to new information on the family (I do genealogy, too).

It reminded me of my childhood, and going to the cemetery with my grandmother. There were several cemeteries she visited, on a rotating schedule. She would fuss around the headstones, placing wreaths or flowers, and pulling weeds. She'd tell us stories about the relatives buried there and about their lives.

She had "cemetery friends" too --other ladies her age she only knew from seeing while we were at the cemetery. They'd stop to chat and talk about their long-departed but still missed loved ones and about the children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. She'd remember the names of those kids and ask Mary how her George was doing at college, or if Francine had her baby yet.

Grandma and her friend would sit in the shade and sip ice tea or lemonade from those metal tumblers in neon shades, and we kids would sit on a blanket in the grass to have lunch. Sometimes it was cold chicken and buttered homemade white bread, other times it was biscuits with salty country ham, or leftover meatloaf and pickles.

I had to watch my little brother and sister so they didn't get underfoot. Sometimes we'd help pull weeds until my little sister got sleepy, and then we'd lay on the blanket and watch fluffy clouds roll by, trying to see if we could spot a bunny or an elephant in the clouds. My brother always got grubby, and Grandma would pull out one of her hand-tatted hankies make him spit on it so she could scrub some of the dirt off his face. She'd vow he was headed right for the tub when we got home. Sometimes, we'd stop for ice cream on the way home."

:)

We are going to begin shutting down our portion of the ISQ series. We have been trying to clean up our cache pages that are in violation of new Groundspeak policies, but it's a huge job. We've decided to archive instead. It's been a good run. Anybody that wants to adopt any of our ISQ's let us know, and we'll attempt to remove the objectionable religious and political text prior to your adoption. Thanks for all your support!

GEO] From Reviewer Hilts: FYI and Agenda Issues‏

Sent: Mon 4/13/09 9:35 PM

To: postman357@hotmail.com

SixDogTeam,

Just for you information, with the changes to Additional Logging Requirement guidelines, log submission may no longer be deleted should the cacher not meet the requirement(s) beyond signing the log. The wording for the additional logging requirement does not need to be taken out at this time or changed, however, logs cannot be deleted.

There are other issues must be addressed. Any logo's that are agenda based, i.e. We (I) support our troops yellow or black ribbon logo, the "Military Association of GeoCachers" logo and link to their website must be removed from all of your cache pages.

Next on the list, all hidden text must be removed. Meaning, when the page is highlighted with the cursor only then does the white text show against the white background. These all must come out of the cache pages.

Also any references to Groundspeak asking that agenda based text or items be removed from the cache. For example: GC19MQW has most of these issues and this one in particular where you say that the support our troops was removed at Groundspeak's request.

All text similar to the paragraphs noted below must be removed from every cache:

If you find fallen or worn US flags at the graves of the veterans, please take a moment to upright or replace them. Dispose of worn US flags in a respectable manner. God Bless our troops and veterans.

Say a prayer for our brave troops, fighting the devil's minions overseas. God Bless Our Troops and

God Bless America!

Lex et Libertas—Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis! Please pray for our Patriot Armed Forces standing in harm’s way around the world, and for their families, especially those of our fallen

Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coast Guardsmen, who have died in defense of American liberty while prosecuting the Global War on Terror.

Any variation of the above noted paragraphs must be taken out of all cache pages. The wording is slightly different from page to page but the gist is the same.

If these changes are not done within a timely manner, a month would be a reasonable time frame, the reviewers will begin to disable all caches not following these requests and a bookmark of all your caches will be periodically checked to insure that non of these items are placed back into the pages. If item are placed back into the cache page the cache will be archived and will not be reopened.

It is only due to the fact that this request has been made of you, time and time again that these measures must now be taken.

Reviewer Hilts

User's Profile:

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=d9...c4-b081aabaefd9

------------------------------------------------------------

Forward abuse complaints to: contact@geocaching.com