Jenischemni...............54

Mintaka.....................53

Polaris20...................51

Earthdog Patrick........29

Solarwib...................26

Wheel Dog................15

AndrewRJ.....................6

:):);):):(:)

EVERYBODY WITH OVER 200 FINDS IS ALREADY A WINNER!!!

SPREAD THE WORD TO THOSE NOT ON THE LIST!!

EDITING STUPID MISTAKE

By the way, I was in Virginia a week ago, where I have a cemetery geocache. (It's our family plot and maintained by my mother.) I had been considering making it Virginia Spirit Quest, but Virginia isn't exactly a pioneer state. (The part that I was in sort of was, in the Daniel Boone model.)

Any thoughts?

Sure it is!

My family were pioneers there back in the 1640's. B)

My thought is it may not be what would be considered 'pioneer' country, but there is gobs of history there. I think it would be great.

By the way, I was in Virginia a week ago, where I have a cemetery geocache. (It's our family plot and maintained by my mother.) I had been considering making it Virginia Spirit Quest, but Virginia isn't exactly a pioneer state. (The part that I was in sort of was, in the Daniel Boone model.)

Any thoughts?

Sure it is!

My family were pioneers there back in the 1640's. B)

My thought is it may not be what would be considered 'pioneer' country, but there is gobs of history there. I think it would be great.

We think it would make an excellent VSQ!!! ;)

Edited by SixDogTeam
We think it would make an excellent VSQ!!! B)

At least I had the foresight to take a few photographs of the cemetery. As I said, it's our family plot on my father's side, going back to my great-great-grandfather. I can probably work a little geneology into the listing. I hope that doesn't sound too self-serving.

We think it would make an excellent VSQ!!! :o

At least I had the foresight to take a few photographs of the cemetery. As I said, it's our family plot on my father's side, going back to my great-great-grandfather. I can probably work a little geneology into the listing. I hope that doesn't sound too self-serving.

just do it

ISQ/OSQ/MSQ/NDSQ/MNSQ FINDS updating

JPlus14...................471

Doobies..................365

dougsmiley..............322

Wolverine Warriors...291

Che K.....................274

Buddaman...............271

IndyMagicMan..........244

Bluegillfisherman......242

Daggy.....................239

GoPhast..................244

Deermark...............229

Team Tigger............216

501 Gang.................210

The Moop Along........189

Are_we_there_yet?...154

Go Purdue................151

Random Find...........155

Team Shydog..........129

S Keillan.................116

jtbrady01................136

Fisherfinders........... 103

Car 54......................91

Floating Spots............79

SixDogTeam.............76

Ali Kat......................78

Gunpowder...............70

lakedawgs................69

Joypa.......................64

Cybret......................55

:D

Of the many great things ISQ did for Geocaching, one of them is it brought ‘branding’ to Geocaching. If I see “Indiana Spirit Quest” in the title, I know what I’m in for. Love it or not, you know right away what to expect. I’m going to a cemetery or burial area. The cache page has well researched information and photographs that are meaningful for the location. In general the finds are straightforward; the prize is the location and not so much the cache itself. As cache density continues to rise and planning what caches to do takes a little more time, it’s nice to be able to know just from a title of a cache I can add it to my list for the day.

Overall my logs on Spirit Quest finds do not truly show my deep appreciation for this series. Some days the stops just flow one into the other, but I really do appreciate all of them and stop at every ISQ I can.

Many thanks again to Lead Dog for planting the seed and setting and maintaining the bar of high standards. Thanks to The Shadow for the generous gifts. Thanks to all hiders of Spirit Quest caches.

Edited by IndyMagicMan

Of the many great things ISQ did for Geocaching, one of them is it brought ‘branding’ to Geocaching. If I see “Indiana Spirit Quest” in the title, I know what I’m in for. Love it or not, you know right away what to except. I’m going to a cemetery or burial area. The cache page has well researched information and photographs that are meaningful for the location. In general the finds are straightforward; the prize is the location and not so much the cache itself. As cache density continues to rise and planning what caches to do takes a little more time, it’s nice to be able to know just from a title of a cache I can add it to my list for the day.

Overall my logs on Spirit Quest finds do not truly show my deep appreciation for this series. Some days the stops just flow one into the other, but I really do appreciate all of them and stop at every ISQ I can.

Many thanks again to Lead Dog for planting the seed and setting and maintaining the bar of high standards. Thanks to The Shadow for the generous gifts. Thanks to all hiders of Spirit Quest caches.

Exactly!! I couldn't of said it any better!!!

Wolverine Warriors...292

Che K.....................274

Team Tigger............216

Dusti Rose...............214 NEW

501 Gang.................210

The Moop Along........189

Are_we_there_yet?...154

Go Purdue................151

Random Find...........160

Team Shydog..........129

S Keillan.................116

jtbrady01................136

Fisherfinders........... 103

Car 54......................91

Floating Spots............79

SixDogTeam.............76

Ali Kat......................78

Gunpowder...............70

lakedawgs................69

Joypa.......................64

Cybret......................55

Edited by SixDogTeam

Favorites? Made me have to dig a bit. One of them has to be Indiana Spirit Quest #535: For the Children . The posted coordinates are very close to a family plot of mine and not too far away from my great uncle who was killed in action in WWII.

678b753b-f532-4d1e-aa7b-c46af6f75a61.jpg

Another one would have to be the one in the Lagro cemetery. Actually both.

Indiana Spirit Quest #395: Double Your Pleasure is just a little ways away from my uncle's grave. He served with the 82nd Airborne in WWII and earned the Bronze Star. He parachuted in during the D-Day invasion.

3e2287fc-6eb1-415a-bc05-0988532e96b1.jpg

Then just down the hill in the old part of the cemetery is my big family plot on my dads moms side of the family. Indiana Spirit Quest #23: Drink More Milk. I guess the ISQ's that bring back personal memories are the one's that have the most meaning.

I know I must vote for one. So I would vote for #395. I just always loved this cemetery.

While I'm currently typing up my 6th cache in 2 days, and my mind is starting to go to mush, I was curious if I could get an update on the numbers Rick? How many states? how many Spirit Quests? how many caching teams? etc....Please and Thank-you

Heather of Wolverine Warriors

No problem, Heather, anything for you. A few hours research reveals the following:

TOTAL ALLIED SPIRIT QUESTS

(NUMBER OF HIDES, TEAMS)

INDIANA SPIRIT QUEST..........617 BY 38

OHIO SPIRIT QUEST.................30 BY 4

MICHIGAN SPIRIT QUEST..........29 BY 4

NORTH DAKOTA SPIRIT QUEST....3 BY 1

MINNESOTA SPIRIT QUEST..........1 BY 1

TOTAL.....................................678 BY 48

Any corrections? Post them here.

Edited by SixDogTeam

LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER COPY CAT SERIES HAS SPRUNG UP! THEY CONTACTED US A SHORT WHILE AGO, THEN NEVER HEARD FROM THEM AGAIN...CHECK IT OUT:

COLORADO SPIRIT QUEST

Pretty cool!

Pretty cool indeed. Been to some of those areas before caching evolved. My question is what are you doing to that tree? ;);)

WHAT TREE???

137497_500.jpg

LEAD DOG OF ARABIA

newest ISQ

Edited by SixDogTeam

I just wanted to let everyone know that the Hickory Grove cemetery here in Tippecanoe County was vandalized over the past weekend. I had placed a microcache in this cemetery a few years ago and it became an ISQ. A while back the cache was lost and the posting archived.

This cemetary had been restored a few years back and contains a small plot of very old markers. The markers were pushed over and broken. A neighbor has offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the perpetrators. It is my sincere hope that they find and prosecute whoever did this. If any of you have any information, please pass it along to the authorities.

I just wanted to let everyone know that the Hickory Grove cemetery here in Tippecanoe County was vandalized over the past weekend. I had placed a microcache in this cemetery a few years ago and it became an ISQ. A while back the cache was lost and the posting archived.

This cemetary had been restored a few years back and contains a small plot of very old markers. The markers were pushed over and broken. A neighbor has offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the perpetrators. It is my sincere hope that they find and prosecute whoever did this. If any of you have any information, please pass it along to the authorities.

Hickory Grove Cemetery vandalized

Updated: July 2, 2008 06:37 PM

SHADELAND, Ind. (WLFI)--The Union Township Trustee and Advisory Board met on Wednesday to discuss plans for the restoration of a vandalized cemetery. Several grave markers at Hickory Grove Cemetery, near Shadeland, were destroyed on Monday night. Monuments were pushed off their bases. Tombstones were kicked over and broken into pieces.

The historic cemetery has some headstones dating back to the early 1800s. Township Trustee Bob McKee said they have money put aside for cemetery restorations. He said the township hopes to have Hickory Grove repaired in the fall.

"The township will then intend eventually, maybe this fall sometime to have this same firm that did it originally, come back put those stones back up the way they were," McKee said.

Businessman John Basham owns property adjacent to the cemetery. Basham is offering a 10-thousand dollar reward for an arrest and conviction in the case.

What a shame, I hope they find the punks that did this.

177 + 32 = 209 We finally broke 200. :angry::D

We felt that by doing the ISQ’s on this day we would be doing our part in remembering and honoring them.

We are also celebrating our 3rd anniversary caching. And we are proud and relieved that our son was honorable discharged this year after spending 4 years in the Navy.

177 + 32 = 209 We finally broke 200. :D:D

We felt that by doing the ISQ’s on this day we would be doing our part in remembering and honoring them.

We are also celebrating our 3rd anniversary caching. And we are proud and relieved that our son was honorable discharged this year after spending 4 years in the Navy.

Tell your son Thanks for His Service from Lead Dog!

Wolverine Warriors...292

Che K.....................275