Removing cartridges from Colorado?

geos715

Hi Guys:

I can load cartridges on my Colorado. The next question is how do I remove played games or replace an existing one on the Colorado. The cartridges are beginning to build up and I need to remove some.

Thanks.

Tom Birchmire ;)

I figure the easiest way would be to hook it up to your computer and find the directory you pushed the cartridge into in the first place, then delete it. Not sure if there's anything else to it, but if I remember my wife's unit right, it should be pretty straightforward.

Hi Guys:

I can load cartridges on my Colorado. The next question is how do I remove played games or replace an existing one on the Colorado. The cartridges are beginning to build up and I need to remove some.

Thanks.

Tom Birchmire :mad:

I figure the easiest way would be to hook it up to your computer and find the directory you pushed the cartridge into in the first place, then delete it. Not sure if there's anything else to it, but if I remember my wife's unit right, it should be pretty straightforward.

You got it! That's all there is to it....

Cartridges (.gwc) files are stored in [drive]:\Wherigo . You can delete them or overwrite them. In addition there are per cartridge log (.gwl) files and save (.gws) files kept in c:\Wherigo\saves which can be removed or archived once you are done. They have the same root name as the cartridge.

GO$Rs

Cartridges (.gwc) files are stored in [drive]:\Wherigo . You can delete them or overwrite them. In addition there are per cartridge log (.gwl) files and save (.gws) files kept in c:\Wherigo\saves which can be removed or archived once you are done. They have the same root name as the cartridge.

GO$Rs

Hi Guys:

That's what I ended up doing ... I plugged the Colorado into the usb hub and deleted the .gwc files in question. I notice that the shortcuts seem to linger on though. Is there any way to get rid of those as well?

Regards, Tom Birchmire

Which computer did you use to delete the carts?

GO$Rs

I just tried on my PC and it worked fine. I'm guessing this is another variant of the Mac ".Trashes" folder issue. Check out D10 in this section of the Colorado FAQ. Basically you need to connect to your Mac and empty your trash.

GO$Rs

Hi:

I connected the Colorado to my XP machine and when the Colorado folder appeared, I made system folders visable, and just as you suggested there was a trash folder with some stuff left in there by the Mac. Really deleting the deleted cartridges made them go away from the shortcuts.

Thanks, Tom B