Maine International Caching Geocoin

kayakerinme

After several months of work, I'm pleased to formally announce the Maine International Geocaching Geocoin.

maineinternationalcachinglores.jpg

This coin began with the picture of that very famous sign in North Waterford, Maine - a sign that has adorned many Maine items including books, mugs, magnets, and lots of other souvenirs. The other side was inspired by some of those old "Greetings from Maine" postcards from earlier in the 1900's. (More info and a picture at http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/MELYNsign.html

Specs: The coin is 1.75" tall. This is slightly larger than the Maine 2005 and 2007 geocoins. Without the post at the bottom, it's almost the same size as the Maine geocoins. If feels smaller though because the coin is only about 2/3 as wide as a round coin. It's 3mm thick or just slightly thinner than the Maine geocoins (I think those are 3.5mm). All coins are done in Black Nickel so the lettering on the sign is in black. The coin is done in hard enamel so both sides feel pretty smooth. "Maine" uses red glitter paint. The coin is trackable on geocaching.com with its own icon ; the codes use the custom "KM" prefix.

There are two versions; both share the same postcard side (the middle coin). The regular edition (RE) is a plain white sign (the coin on the left in the picture). The Limited edition (LE) has glow-in-the-dark enamel and looks slightly off-white in regular light (the coin on the right).

There are 200 of the RE coins. You can buy these for $9.00/ea. Shipping to US for the first coin is $2, and $0.50 for each after that; international shipping will be slightly higher.

There are 50 LE coins. These are for trade or gifting or release. Please note that I've already traded/gifted about 25 of these 50 so trades will be minimal right now.

These coins arrived on my doorstep last month and now that that my fellow Mainahs have had a crack at them they're ready to hop into envelopes and get delivered to you.

To order the coins, send me a message through my profile containing the following information:

Your GC handle

Your real name

Your Paypal email address

How many RE coins you'd like to purchase

In turn I will send a Paypal invoice to you within 24 hours. Pay it and I'll mail the coins to you.

Any questions, please post or send me an email.

Thanks, kayakerinme

Edited by kayakerinme