The Most Accessible Cache Cointest!

Nochipra

Ok, here is the deal. We will be giving away one of our LE Nickel Accessibility coins and Nickel pin to the cache owner who gets the most votes. PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BEFORE ENTERING. THANKS.

Here is a pic of the coin on the left and you will get a matching pin with it.

1frontofcoin.jpg

The rules are:

1. You can only vote for 5 caches and ONLY 5, so pick the top 5 that you believe are the most accessible whether it is your own or someone elses that you have actually been to. Your found it post must be on the cache logs with your geoname.

2. List the name of the cache and the GC # for that cache.

3. Is the wheelchair attribute on the cache page? It must be there to qualify!!!

4. Does the cache page have a link to the handicaching web page? Not a requirement but more consideration will be given to those that are.

5. Tell me why you liked the cache briefly and think it would be a good accessible cache. Do not be too specific as to give anything away though. Just something like "I think it would be good for a wheelchair user because it's low and reachable." or "The terrain is completely paved and easy to get to."

6. Editing will be allowed so you can research the 5 you like the best.

7. ONLY 1 POST PER GEONAME incuding all 5 of your choices.

8. The Cache Name / GC# with the most votes wins!

9. Contest ends April 19, 2008 at 8PM EST

Here is what I'm looking for:

1. Name of cache:

2. GC#:

3. Is there a wheelchair attribute on the page? Yes or No (Must be there to qualify)

4. Is there a link to handicaching.com on the cache page? Yes or No (not required but recommended)

5. Tell me why you think the cache is accessible and why you like it?

Good Luck and Thank For Participating ;)

1. Name of cache: McGraw Walking Trail - wheelchair accessible

2. GC#: GCZC95

3. Is there a wheelchair attribute on the page? Yes or No (Must be there to qualify) YES

4. Is there a link to handicaching.com on the cache page? Yes or No (not required but recommended)YES

5. Tell me why you think the cache is accessible and why you like it? We put this cache out 11/14/06 to highlight the lack of wheelchair friendly caches in our area. We were fighting against some very vocal cachers who were trashing "cache n dashes". What they refused to realize is not everyone navigate the terrain to reach all caches.

The park we chose is in McGraw, NY. It is a paved trail with a river running alongside it.

While we have many caches that are wheelchair accessible this is our only one were we provided the link back to handicaching. I think we may start adding the link to all our other wheelchair friendly caches.

1. Name of cache: Thirst Quencher

2. GC#: GC76D4

3. Is there a wheelchair attribute on the page? Yes or No (Must be there to qualify): Cache is an old virtual and has no attributes, but is clearly accessible via parking ~50ft. away. Allow or disqualify at your discretion.

4. Is there a link to handicaching.com on the cache page? Yes or No (not required but recommended): No

5. Tell me why you think the cache is accessible and why you like it: This cache is a virtual, so it requires no exertion (stretching, bending, etc.) that might be awkward for a wheelchair-bound person. The terrain in entirely flat and paved, and the required information to be logged is etched onto the ground in large letters at the GZ, making it easier for people who might have difficulty lifting their head to read a sign. I like this cache because it is an interesting artifact at least a century old, and is a rare sight in public nowadays.

I'm sorry to shut down this cointest, but they are not allowed while the coin is still being sold commercially.

WHY?

Because it serves as a second thread to promote the coin when there is already a thread for it. Once the the coin is sold out, if there are some left over that are to be used for contests or trades, etc. you are free to run a contest at that time.

If you have any questions, please contact me via email or PM to discuss.

Thank you.