Trouble with Find Addresses

sma12

I have City Navigator North America 2008 (not NT) loaded in its entirety onto a 2GB card. If I try to Find->Addresses, the "Enter Region" field is unpopulated ("None Found") and I can't make a selection. The "Enter City" field has a list of what I assume to be all of the cities in North America, which I can scroll through and select from (very tedious if the city doesn't start with "A"). However, if try to enter even one letter to narrow the search, I again get "None Found."

If I load a smaller piece of CN NA 2008, say just a few states, the Find->Addresses works fine, allowing me to specify the state in the "Enter Region" field and enter characters to restrict the search for "Enter City." Am I running up against a known bug that occurs when the data set gets too large for the 60Csx to search or are other people able to get Find->Addresses to work when all of CN NA 2008 is loaded at one time?

Edited by sma12

I have City Navigator North America 2008 (not NT) loaded in its entirety onto a 2GB card. If I try to Find->Addresses, the "Enter Region" field is unpopulated ("None Found") and I can't make a selection. The "Enter City" field has a list of what I assume to be all of the cities in North America, which I can scroll through and select from (very tedious if the city doesn't start with "A"). However, if try to enter even one letter to narrow the search, I again get "None Found."

If I load a smaller piece of CN NA 2008, say just a few states, the Find->Addresses works fine, allowing me to specify the state in the "Enter Region" field and enter characters to restrict the search for "Enter City." Am I running up against a known bug that occurs when the data set gets too large for the 60Csx to search or are other people able to get Find->Addresses to work when all of CN NA 2008 is loaded at one time?

sma12, I have a GPSMAP 76CSx which I think is the same as yours for menus. If I do find/addresses it already knows I'm in Oregon so it doesn't bring up the field "enter region". My choices are enter City, number & street name. I have the same CNNA you do loaded on a 4GB card in its entirety.

I've been looking through the book & all of my menus on the GPS & can't see how I told the gps I'm in Oregon. Is it when I registered the GPS?

I'll look some more but can't see at the moment. Maybe this will help jog your thinking. I don't think it's how much you load on the card. Good luck.

sma12, I have a GPSMAP 76CSx which I think is the same as yours for menus. If I do find/addresses it already knows I'm in Oregon so it doesn't bring up the field "enter region". My choices are enter City, number & street name. I have the same CNNA you do loaded on a 4GB card in its entirety.

I've been looking through the book & all of my menus on the GPS & can't see how I told the gps I'm in Oregon. Is it when I registered the GPS?

I'll look some more but can't see at the moment. Maybe this will help jog your thinking. I don't think it's how much you load on the card. Good luck.

On experimenting with smaller map sets that work correctly, I think that the GPSr defaults to the region that it finds itself in, if that segment is loaded on the card. If not, then it just shows "Enter Region" and you have to press enter and pick from the list. When I have all of NA loaded, I get no default and no list.

But thanks for checking. The fact that it works for you suggests to me that there may just be something wrong with this load of the map set. I'll try reloading it and see if that helps.