Cache and lottery ticket up for grabs on Table mountain

CapeDoc

Things have changed!

Since posting this thread it appears that I can place a cache where I wanted to. Cache is no longer up for grabs and will be posted as a new cache. My original posting is below and now can be ignored. Will delete this thread soon.

Original thread:

I do my caching mainly by phone and for some reason my software missed the earth cache on Table Mountain. I too thought it a good place for a cache and hid a magnetic micro in the very spot of the 'photo hint' only to find on my home computer that there was an earth cache there! I was going to call it 'King of the world' after the scene on the prow of Titanic (see photo for the note).

So, there is a magnetic micro to be found, containing a lottery ticket for the FTF. Please help yourself to both the magnetic cache (please let me know where you eventually hide it ) and the ticket (let me know if you win ...or lose). Please also post a note to let others know it is gone. First there gets it!

Edited by cdlh

Your new cache is published - GC1B7PB King of the World.

There is no proximity issue with an earthcache because it does not have a physical container. However, I need to be comfortable that your cache and the earthcache won't be confused by newbie cachers. Their listed co-ords are sufficiently far apart, so no problem there.

The second potential issue is the proximity of Discombob's "Frodo's Journey" cache which is only 138m away (horizontally). However, they are about 260m away vertically :ph34r: and could almost be on different planets :huh: so I don't see a proximity issue there either.

Good luck with your new cache!!

Your new cache is published - GC1B7PB King of the World.

There is no proximity issue with an earthcache because it does not have a physical container. However, I need to be comfortable that your cache and the earthcache won't be confused by newbie cachers. Their listed co-ords are sufficiently far apart, so no problem there.

The second potential issue is the proximity of Discombob's "Frodo's Journey" cache which is only 138m away (horizontally). However, they are about 260m away vertically :huh: and could almost be on different planets :ph34r: so I don't see a proximity issue there either.

Good luck with your new cache!!

I feel sorry for the poor cretin who thinks he/she can do Frodo's via the cable car...