Active Setup in Explorist 500

I've been using this unit for a year now, and have never used the active setup option. I download all my geocache files onto the SD card, navigate to the SD card choose the cache I want to find and select it. I've been reading where people use the active setup to enable the caches...am I doing something wrong in using my 500? I have no problems at all finding caches and using the 500. I guess what I am asking is, what is Active Setup used for?

On another note, is there anyway possible to go directly to the SD card and skip all the extra clicks you have to do to get to it? ie: "up one level" until you can access the SD card.

Thanks!

If you take and make the cache file that you are using active it will display those caches on the map. Plus you will not have to navigate to the sd card every time you select a cache from that file. After the file is active you simply hit Goto>Geocaches and it will take you directly to that cache file. Active Setup is where you can also switch between maps that you might have loaded and display routes that you might have loaded as well as poi's.

Thanks for the info, I will give it a try next time! I do get tired of navigating through the file system to get back to the geocaches everytime.

You could also copy SD stored files over to Internal Memory. Particularly those cache files that you are currently interested in at the time. Saves a little time. I do that with POI, route and cache files.