georgia

hoagii

Alpharetta, GA!

I'm Ri, and my friend Patrick and I just started doing this in November. So far, we've found one together, and I've found one by myself. Hopefully one day the two of us can get a GPS and go hunting for real! But for now, we just look at log gallery pics and get a good idea of where to look, and go from there. It's not a very effective method, sadly.

Also, I've got no idea which cache I managed to find- it was too dark to see anything by the time I got to it, and a Google search was fruitless- but it was definitely a cache...

Hey is there anybody from georgia in here???

Yup, Athens. Just joined.

Actually I recently placed a cashe called "National Treasure" in Georgia.

It's a very challenging multi-cashe/puzzle/mystery hunt.

Only one person has managed to solve/find it so far so if you're

in the area and up for a challenge give it a try.

donbueno

Edited by donbueno

I live here in lagrange GA. I hope there are people in the area who like paintball,because once the weather gets cooler my church youth group are going on a paintball trip and my pastor told me I could set up a event cache!

Im in bremen ga and just found out about Geocaching 2 days ago.. and looked up where some were in my area.. and i Found my First one today!!! while on my way to the store.. I didnt have any Cordinates.. I just rememberd some of the clues and detoured for where i thought it could be and found it within a few mins!!.

I"m thinking of placing one somewhere.. I have a nice place, and it could be fun for my kids, mabey some of you will stumble upon mine when i get it ready!!! :(

Warner Robins/Bonaire, GA here...I'll be there and up in Athens sometime in October while on leave from Iraq. Plan on using my new Garmin 62s to do some caching in the area. I got started last year while in Colorado...I found my first one like 30 feet behind my house and now I'm addicted!

Gainesville here. As to the person questioning our "Southern Hospitality" - ( and yes, I realize it was about 2 years ago, but we do have some pride here in Dixie):

You wanted someone to welcome " your son" to GA, who isn't even on this thread ( that I can see) and you gave this slow, spotty posting message board population all of what? 4 days to answer you? Common sense would tell you that it would probably be longer than just a few days for the folks here to see your post and reply. We're normally full of "Southern Hospitality" but things move a bit slower down here, and we're not much for being told what to do by anyone - the least of which would be a yankee from California! ( all foreigners are "yankees" here. :) LOL )

So, give us a break will ya? ...grumble, grumble...dern left coasters...grumble, grumble.....

:D

Edited by OwlJones

Alpharetta, GA!

I'm Ri, and my friend Patrick and I just started doing this in November. So far, we've found one together, and I've found one by myself. Hopefully one day the two of us can get a GPS and go hunting for real! But for now, we just look at log gallery pics and get a good idea of where to look, and go from there. It's not a very effective method, sadly.

Also, I've got no idea which cache I managed to find- it was too dark to see anything by the time I got to it, and a Google search was fruitless- but it was definitely a cache...

Hey guys, I am also an Alpharetta Geocacher. I also started the same way without a GPS. I logged on to www.geocaching.com, found some local caches, looked at Google maps and went for it. Most important thing..... HAVE FUN. take care :anicute:

ELODGE