Camo bags and silica sachets

Mr Tomato

Hello everyone!

We're currently constructing diabolical plans to place our first cache, and have been wondering whether anyone here might be able to help us.

Does anyone know where we can find (in NZ) those nifty camouflage bags and sachets of silica desiccant you see around in some caches? We've been keeping our eyes open, but haven't managed to find where we could get them from.

Cheers!

Hello everyone!

We're currently constructing diabolical plans to place our first cache, and have been wondering whether anyone here might be able to help us.

Does anyone know where we can find (in NZ) those nifty camouflage bags and sachets of silica desiccant you see around in some caches? We've been keeping our eyes open, but haven't managed to find where we could get them from.

Cheers!

Hi Mr Tomato.

Welcome to Geocaching in New Zealand.

There are two support organisations in NZ and most of the local knowledge is imparted there...

Kiwicaching - www.kiwicaching.org and

NZ Recreational GPS Society - http://www.gps.org.nz/ or direct to the forums at http://forums.gps.org.nz/

In general though, you will find that several well known cachers make their own camo bags. The silica gel bags come from shoe boxes, computer equipment and the like. Nothing like recycling :o

Cheers,

GenCuster

Chairperson

Kiwicaching Association of New Zealand Inc.

Hello everyone!

Cheers!

Contact TechnoKitten for camobags .... kitty can scavenge some silica from work also but dont see the point as they absorb very little .... best to use a decent sistema container and ensure the seal is kept clear of dirt when checking your caches. Also take note that your outside camo should also me CLEARLY marked GEOCACHE as requested by a nice young man from the bomb disposal squad....TK was phoned by a nice young man from the bomb disposal squad yesterday... they have "disposed" of several caches recently and found kittys calling card in one of them and paid a call ;-)

Hello everyone!

Cheers!

North of Christchurch city is a cache aptly named "Silica City" - recommend you go there..... name says it all.

TK was phoned by a nice young man from the bomb disposal squad yesterday... they have "disposed" of several caches recently and found kittys calling card in one of them and paid a call ;-)

:laughing:

So the Bomb Squad opened up the sus looking container, then gave you a ring? :laughing:

Hey, go easy - some women go for firemen, she must like bomb squaddies! She even leaves her calling card for them, so how obvious is that?

No need to make fun it - I found my wife on nzdating.co.nz, so why not let technokitten find her man on the bomb squad?

TK was phoned by a nice young man from the bomb disposal squad yesterday... they have "disposed" of several caches recently and found kittys calling card in one of them and paid a call ;-)

So the Bomb Squad opened up the sus looking container, then gave you a ring? :laughing:

Hey, go easy - some women go for firemen, she must like bomb squaddies! She even leaves her calling card for them, so how obvious is that?

No need to make fun it - I found my wife on nzdating.co.nz, so why not let technokitten find her man on the bomb squad?

I guess a bomb squad man would have very skilled fingers...... :laughing:

:blink:

So the Bomb Squad opened up the sus looking container, then gave you a ring? :huh:

:unsure:

I guess a bomb squad man would have very skilled fingers...... :lol:

GROSS you lot are too cheeky and foul minded for words but read the following words and try to be sensible...... THanks to this call which caused some considerable embarrassment at work....I managed to prevent more caches being destroyed by the Auckland based Bomb disposal squad - they admitted to destroying several already this year aside from the well publicised Mayoral drive incident. I was able to show them that geocaching is an international game and pointed out that a number of cachers are members of NZ armed forces.... so now our caches are safe from them at least

They have a premium membership and are now able to identify a suspicious item using their topomap software to avoid an unnecessary callouts and cache destruction.

Yikes! One of my nanos has maybe gone missing, I hope the Bomb squaddies didn’t whack it :) – I didn’t have it clearly marked as a “Geocache” either on the outside :blink: , so they may have thought someone wanted to blow up the bus shelter it was on…… :laughing:

TK – can you please send me some of your calling cards to me, I placed a cache at the weekend and Tramper Ted couldn’t find it – now I’m worried that maybe the bomb squad got it, if I slipped your card into my caches, then it could stop some unnecessary destroying of containers. :grin:

Send the cards to:

Wonder Corp :grin:

Po Box 301 244

Albany

Auckland