PC Version of player

matcat

What about a PC version of the player? for all those laptop users like myself out there that don't plan on spending a few hundred bucks just for a pocketpc when I have and always will use Palm devices, I will never use a win based PDA.

Considering it would not be difficult for the development team to port the windows mobile version to a native windows version.

I have been looking for awhile. This thread http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=187391

is the closest I have come. I tried but I am no programmer. Iso and VM ware confuse me.

The other option I have found is to the Emulator in the builder and have Google earth in the cache or hooked up to the net and just move you on the screen and not use a GPS while on the scene of the cartridge which kind of defeats the purpose. I know Google earth can be used with a GPS I just do not know how to make the Google earth in the builder see a GPS. Which seems to me, a non programmer, to be the easiest solution.

I understand where the Wherigo build team is going, who wants to lug a laptop around. But the laptop I will be getting this summer is a Sub notebook 2ld Asus eee. I can see myself lugging that around.

Good luck finding a better Windows solution.

What about a PC version of the player? for all those laptop users like myself out there that don't plan on spending a few hundred bucks just for a pocketpc when I have and always will use Palm devices, I will never use a win based PDA.

Considering it would not be difficult for the development team to port the windows mobile version to a native windows version.

I have been looking for awhile. This thread http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=187391

is the closest I have come. I tried but I am no programmer. Iso and VM ware confuse me.

The other option I have found is to the Emulator in the builder and have Google earth in the cache or hooked up to the net and just move you on the screen and not use a GPS while on the scene of the cartridge which kind of defeats the purpose. I know Google earth can be used with a GPS I just do not know how to make the Google earth in the builder see a GPS. Which seems to me, a non programmer, to be the easiest solution.

I understand where the Wherigo build team is going, who wants to lug a laptop around. But the laptop I will be getting this summer is a Sub notebook 2ld Asus eee. I can see myself lugging that around.

Hi, We're looking into this. Basically, we have to enable the emulator to work in 2 modes. One would be position input from the google map on the left side of the screen, the other would be from gps input. This is on the list of things to do.

David.

Hi, We're looking into this. Basically, we have to enable the emulator to work in 2 modes. One would be position input from the google map on the left side of the screen, the other would be from gps input. This is on the list of things to do.

David.

In that circumstance, what is the plan for handling the Env.DeviceID checks made to restrict emulator playing? Will it still have the string "desktop" when used with the maps, but something else if the user is using GPS input? And will it be possible to switch between the two modes during cartridge play?

SWEET! Theses sub notebooks are the next thing. You just made my day! :rolleyes:;)

David.