Mapsource CN NA NT V.2009 on the way to me !

GeoBobC,

yes, this is the "update" version.

I have not seen any full install DVD's being advertised anywhere yet.

Tim

Do you have your maps yet? :mad:

Yes... I got them yesterday and loaded one set to my 2730.

Hard to tell yet what changes for my area. But it "seems" like the maps are somehow a little more colorful.

Tim

GeoBobC,

yes, this is the "update" version.

I have not seen any full install DVD's being advertised anywhere yet.

Tim

Do you have your maps yet? :mad:

Yes... I got them yesterday and loaded one set to my 2730.

Hard to tell yet what changes for my area. But it "seems" like the maps are somehow a little more colorful.

Tim

Will you check on a road for me?

Go to about N30 42' W97 39' and see if State Highway 130 is there. It should connect to I-35 and go south to highway 71 near Austin Bergstrom International Airport. Thanks!

Go to about N30 42' W97 39' and see if State Highway 130 is there. It should connect to I-35 and go south to highway 71 near Austin Bergstrom International Airport. Thanks!

There's a 130 that's shown as a toll road that connects to 71 just east of the airport, looks like it runs mostly parallel to 35.

CenTexDodger,

I looked at the coordinates you gave and I DO see the 130-TOLL road shown. It connects to I-35 near a small airport called "Georgetown Minicipal" and then goes South all the way to near the Austin-Bergstrom Airport.

It ends up connected to 290/71 near that airport.

Hope that helps.

Regards, Tim

CenTexDodger,

I looked at the coordinates you gave and I DO see the 130-TOLL road shown. It connects to I-35 near a small airport called "Georgetown Minicipal" and then goes South all the way to near the Austin-Bergstrom Airport.

It ends up connected to 290/71 near that airport.

Hope that helps.

Regards, Tim

Yes it does, Thank you very much.

Edited by CenTexDodger

Could you check N38 53.587 W90 03.788? Is it showing IL 255 or nothing? I sure hope they finally got it there! Thanks.

255 is there.

I get the impression that ever so often, the annual update is bigger and more impressive. When I went from V5 to V6, there was a lot of new stuff on it. From V6 to v8 (I skipped V7) there were hardly any changes. V8 to V2008, changes were minimal, V2008 to V2009 looks to be a major update.

I got my copy of CN NA NT 2009 this morning and I am impressed. There were several roads that just opened up within the last year that are on there. Also, Starbucks, Chase, Walgreens, Wells Fargo and some others have custom logo POI symbols. Unfortunately, those symbols do not get transfered to the 60CSx. I had a little problem transferring maps--it kept giving me an error. I put the card in a card reader and no problem. It also had several corrections that I had submitted--woo hoo for me! (I am not saying they are on there because I submitted them, but they are there). One of them is a really small National Forest Rd in New Mexico, but it is on there.

Am I correct in assuming that since this is an update that it will have to go on the same GPSr that the previous version of NT is registered for, or is it possible to get this update and put it on a different GPSr?

The update should work on whatever GPS you unlock it to. Each unlock key is unique, and you'll need a new 25 digit unlock key for the 2009 maps, but you can tie that key into any (one!) GPS. (Just make the sure other GPS is compatible with the NT maps!)

Edited by DocDiTTo