Introducing GeoGems™

CacheHunters42

Can someone that purchases these please take a picture and post one of these gems next to a quarter or something so that we have something to compare these to in size before we decide to purchase any.

Thank You

Barry and Valarie in sweetlife

what great idea, i think you should do just that! :)

or perhaps the sellers can do that.

lara

I'm surprised Groundspeak gave the ok as its not a "geocoin".

Looks nice but Ive seen swag that looks just like it (Dont want them to go missing.

It's amazing how much Groundspeak is wiling to bend their rules.A little less than a year ago when i was developing my Painting for Cache geotrackable item,I wanted the airbrush to be completely 3-d.In esessence a miniture airbrush.I suppose i should count my lucky stars let me do one side of it dimensional....Honestly,i would have to say that a coin is not a coin unless it's round. :rolleyes:

They do look neat however.....

i have to disagree with ya about 'a coin is not a coin unless it's round" we currently have made a square coin (mariobros block) and it everybit a coin as a round one!!

I'm surprised Groundspeak gave the ok as its not a "geocoin".

Looks nice but Ive seen swag that looks just like it (Dont want them to go missing.

It's amazing how much Groundspeak is wiling to bend their rules.A little less than a year ago when i was developing my Painting for Cache geotrackable item,I wanted the airbrush to be completely 3-d.In esessence a miniture airbrush.I suppose i should count my lucky stars let me do one side of it dimensional....Honestly,i would have to say that a coin is not a coin unless it's round. :rolleyes:

They do look neat however.....

i have to disagree with ya about 'a coin is not a coin unless it's round" we currently have made a square coin (mariobros block) and it everybit a coin as a round one!!

They probably meant flat instead of round...

But then the trackable geopins would be questionable too...

(I am fne wit these, I like the gems :rolleyes:)

ooooo Pink! And the citrine is the closest to my birthstone. I don't like you :(

oooh the pink is right. and i don't like you! but i had to buy two pink ones. i love pink. heck, i look great in pink!

these are cool and the new shape, awesome!

i wish they would put the tracking number somewhere else other than the table.

lara

I'm so glad that this thread popped back up to the top!

A couple of months ago Hanna received one of these, a pink one, as a gift, and I just can't say how impressed I am with them! They are bigger than I thought they'd be and they have a lot more heft and weight to them! The sparkle is just gorgeous and Hanna carried it around for two days, after first doing the Hanna Happy Dance all over the living room floor, which consists of a little girl screaming, holding it and jumping like a madwoman!

Can't recommend these enough, especially as gifts!!

Naomi ;)

I've bought and got the ruby and it's very nice. I have coming the citrine and emerald and will be adding the sapphire and maybe the diamond to my collection in the near future. I don't much like the black geogem.

As for releasing them into the wild, into the field, not a chance. :lol: Around here (Northern Oregon/SW Washington) hitch hikers on TB end up missing from time to time, way to many geocoins end up missing in action and I can just imagine that a pretty gem like these would end up the same, in someone's personal collection. Geocaching is like any other activity, there will be those that are unethical, dishonest and thefts. :D

What I am considering is one or two ideas. Affixing a gem or two to a walking staff so that other cachers might discover them when we meet. I can also log them in and out of caches to get some miles on them. I have also seen a few geocoin owners create laminated photocopies of their coins to let out in the wild rather than risk them being stolen. This might be done with these geogems as well.

So... til now we have the diamond, the ruby, the emerald, the sapphire, the citrine, the pink teardrop, and the black diamond... right??

Does anyone know how many from each were made??? I can not find it anywhere!!!! Is there a possibility that the number is open???

Oh, and something else! A good friend of mine, gave me as a present the ruby and the emerald! The ruby is smaller than the emerald!! YOu can clearly see it!!!

Are all ruby's like that???

I was on the Chqualitycoins.com website 3/22/09 wanting to purchase more geogems, and a message popped up "Back in stock March 21, 2009." My order for 3 geogems did not register in the shopping basket, perhaps I need to wait more business days for them "to be in stock." Noticed also their website is very slow to navigate today.

I think these would be cool to leave in a new cache for a FTF prize. I myself would not send any trackable out into the wild without a way to tag it directly. The pouch it comes in wouldn't work at all IMO.

You are so right. I left a little red gem go into the wild...it made it to 2 caches before it was reported as MIA with only the pouch left behind as evidence. It was last spotted in "Choo Choo TB Exchange" cache. It is too bad as they really are quite beautiful and unique. I love the different colors and shapes.

Do they have a website? The only reference I have seen is geogems.us but this doesn't exist nor does geogems.com

I believe they went out of business a long time ago. You are reviving a thread that is almost 6 years old.

I've seen a few on the ePlace from time to time along with the gold nuggets they used to sell.

In order to finance a new project of life, I'm putting all my collection for sale, all interested parties should send your proposals for PM, almost all collection is activated but all geocoins are transferable. I will only consider the best deals and the payment will be made through Paypal. Only the personal and engraved geocoins will be excluded from the sale, all remaining will be available. You can view the entire collection through the link: http://www.GeocoinCollector.com/CoinViewer.cfm?UserID=152

I think phyllypsyus's sell's a green one!

Edited by Getzie family

In order to finance a new project of life, I'm putting all my collection for sale, all interested parties should send your proposals for PM, almost all collection is activated but all geocoins are transferable. I will only consider the best deals and the payment will be made through Paypal. Only the personal and engraved geocoins will be excluded from the sale, all remaining will be available. You can view the entire collection through the link: http://www.GeocoinCollector.com/CoinViewer.cfm?UserID=152

I think phyllypsyus's sell's a green one!

Good luck with your new project !!!