Need some CITO assistance in Nebraska

earthshaker

I am looking for some people interested in helping with Nebraska CITO activities, I went to a couple of WMAs (Wildlife Management Areas) in the west central part of the state this last weekend,, the first thing I saw in one area was a newly placed dead dog, or it appeared that way, I got a geocache and my wife got a bunch of ticks, we moved on to the next area about a mile away, first thing I saw was a huge pile of trash, litter box, paint roller tray and several other plastic items, as well as some biodegradables , and another dead dog body. The trash pile was at least 7 feet in diameter and a foot and a half high.

I am fielding a request for some people to help in a major cleanup state wide, in other WMAs around the state.

I have sent an email to the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission, and have so far not received a reply, but since I just sent it last night I am not worried ...yet.

I would encourage other Nebraska Geocachers to do the same, go to http://www.ngpc.state.ne.us/admin/contact.asp

Let them know that at least some of us care enough to offer to clean the WMAs up.

Keep me advised of what is happening in your corner of the Nebraska concerning this project. Feel free to send me an email via this forum.

Ryan in Gothenburg

What WMA's did you visit?? I would be glad to help.

I live in the "real" west central part of the state and have seen no problems out here in the WMAs. I believe you are actually in the just the central part of Nebraska and have forgotten like most Nebraska residents that the Panhandle is a part of the state.

Excuse me, I just sent an email to 1011 news about the other Nebraska and I included the panhandle, as a part of the Other Nebraska so there :laughing: Actually I can relate to you. I feel everyone west of Broken Bow, should get together and start a new state called West Nebraska after all there is already West Virginia, and South Carolina we could put the capital in Ogallalla.

At any rate the areas I am referring to are in Dawson and Lincoln County I got a call from a rep of the NGPC today, he was going to check with his people, in Lincoln and get some input. Then we will proceed.

If I am reading you right, you probably wouldn't want to drive this far to pickup trash.

Thanks for the reply, that gives two replies to the topic including my own reply.

Hi...we rarely ever check the forums here, would have commented sooner if we would have seen this post. A few years ago we hosted a CITO in the Bassway WMA near Kearney, it actually turned out pretty good. We are no longer in a position to host since we have our daughter to care for now, but we have thought WMAs were great places to have CITOs and wish more cachers would host some at them.

Anywho...the reason for this post---Have you tried to send something through Nebraskache? We know that a LOT more people see those posts than they do here on the Forums...just a thought.

We have been off the forums for quite awhile now, so we have missed your post. We'd be interested in helping get something organized. We really enjoyed the CITO days in Montana and there is a lot to CITO in Nebraska! Let us know if there is anything we can do, we are out of Kearney.