Tequila: 81 Proof

Tequila

The answer is for your personal stats, you would use the rating at the time you found it. I am lucky enough that i don;t have to fudge with any of my numbers as my stats are taken directly from GoundSpeak.

which means your stats get the ratings the cache currently has, and not the ratings the cache had when you found it. so that's not really right either. see my example above.

I would trust that the owner has made a correction to better reflect the cache. I trust them to be honest as we should. In the case that the cache has changed and is not rated correctly and differently, I don't think i am going to lose any sleep over it. Nothing lasts forever. Enjoy the moment and then get on with life and find some more caches.

At the end of the day, the pursuit of 81 Proof is a personal challenge.

not really, as you agree to do it by someone else's rules. :mad:

But don't all challenge caches have rules?

Does one not make the challenge personal to oneself by deciding whether or not one will take up the challenge?

.....There is no prize money, at least I haven't received my prize money yet if there is any. ........

I got a prize!!!!!

Two very lovely ladies brought me a bottle of...........wait for it...........Tequila when they logged their find. :mad::angry::P:laughing:

And we are going to enjoy it together next year at the first annual T81 Finders Reunion Event.

Here's my bookmark list, or check this out (from Avernar's Macro). Yes I know it's not the same as my bookmark list as it optimized differently.

Nice. Does that include cache D/T's as found, or current?

The Macro is built from my GSAK database. Admittedly, I have not locked the D/T as I logged them in my db, so it's showing "current" right now. The bookmark list is "frozen".

Here's my bookmark list, or check this out (from Avernar's Macro). Yes I know it's not the same as my bookmark list as it optimized differently.

Nice. Does that include cache D/T's as found, or current?

I forgot to mention, it has the overrides as listed in this forum topic included so if caches change rating it tries to pick a different cache or it flags that the rating changed.

My list is prettier, oh so prettier...

Meh, bookmark beauty's in the eye of the bookmarker :angry:

As MrPirateCat is so fond of saying, "Arrggggghhhh". The results from Avernar's macro is so much prettier but don't tell him the geek said that! :mad:

Edited by entogeek

seems to me the desire to complete the 81 Proof has fizzled due to so many restrictions and lack of caches

Interest in completing T81 has fizzled?

2008 = 3 finds

2009 = 5 finds

2010 = 17 finds

of course it did...the 17 finds in 2010 only shows that took those people 2 years to complete it

Those that can, do.

Those that can't, complain about it instead.

since when is "expressing an opinion" become synonym to complaining?

what's the use of the bookmark when so many caches had their ratings changed?

as it stands now someone could have a bookmark showing 2 caches of the same rating and a gap in their T/D chart

and someone coming into the game now how are they supposed to know what rating the cache had before

as for finding replacements, good luck with that, unless one is willing to travel hundreds of kms for a smiley

and yes, i agree with res2100, the fizzies are becoming much more desirable

seems to me the desire to complete the 81 Proof has fizzled due to so many restrictions and lack of caches

This is just my opinion for what it is worth but I think there is something here for everyone. The Mini Fizzies are great as you can focus your efforts on 9 caches. Nine fizzies later you have completed your 81 grid and qualified for a number of other 81 grid challenges in Ontario. :P

If you also get caches that qualify for Tequila 81 Proof while doing your fizzies, whatever works. Yes, there is some travelling to do, and I know I had to do a lot of that travelling for the mini fizzies anyway. Do that travelling with some caching friends and you have a win/win situation and some great memories. :mad:

I had a great time completing the mini fizzies and from reading the logs seems others concur, and the same goes for Tequila 81 proof.

Two years ago I went to Florida to visit family at Christmas and found my 250th cache. This year I hope to sign in on the Florida Fizzy if I can make it work. :angry:

you're right, there is something for everyone, and i never said otherwise

besides we don't have to find all the caches

i'm sure that those that chose to complete the challenge had a lot of fun

personally, as i mentioned before, i am not considering taking on the challenge and that is because to me caching has different purpose...and of course everyone is free to do it as they see fit

Edited by t4e
But don't all challenge caches have rules?

Does one not make the challenge personal to oneself by deciding whether or not one will take up the challenge?

a personal challenge is one you put onto yourself, which implies that the rules for it also come from yourself.

the regular fizzy challenge is generic enough that it can be a personal challenge. i'd also like to fill my grid and eventually i will. this is unrelated to any challenge cache, but there happens to be a challenge cache which uses the same rules. so much the better.

the date restriction of T81 is purely arbitrary though (among other things). if you take up on that challenge, it's your personal business to complete it, but it's still a challenge put onto you by someone else, because it's their rules and not your own. there's no way in hell anyone could come up with the exact same set of rules for their own personal reasons.

When the rating is changed, if the cache is being rated honestly by the CO (which is a requirement for 81 Proof) then the new rating reflects a change in the cache. The correct rating is the rating when YOU found it, is it not?

If the old rating was honest, and the new rating is also honest then BOTH ratings would be correct. In the case of 81 Proof, it is well established that caches with rating changes are accepted at the old rating

so when a cache that was rated 5/5 before T81 got published, then got changed to a 1/1 (exaggerating of course) for whatever reason and THEN i go and find it, i could use it as 5/5 for my grid, even though the correct rating for it was 1/1 at the time when i found it.

it never adds up, no matter which way you turn it.

I'm pretty sure thats covered under rule #10. "Caches hidden but never intended to meet their D/T rating are ineligible. They're pretty obvious. Specifically, liar caches are not eligible."

My head hurts

and how exactly is this Rule#10 being enforced?

unless the CO, which interestingly enough has not made one single post in the last 5 pages, has found them already or the cache description admits its a "liar cache" he can't tell if its a liar cache :mad:

Edited by t4e

Interest in completing T81 has fizzled?

2008 = 3 finds

2009 = 5 finds

2010 = 17 finds

of course it did...the 17 finds in 2010 only shows that took those people 2 years to complete it

It only took 10 months for myself, Skyecat and GPS Derek to complete this challenge when we began to actively work on it.

MrPirateCat did it in far less time and in far fewer caches. This I know for a certainty as I am the one who introduced them to this challenge shortly after they started caching.

And at this point I would like to remind all of the participants in this thread as well as those looking in that there are guidelines and a terms of use document that covers the forums and contributing to them. Some of the posts are accusatory and inflammatory. I'm not going to name names here so I will just state that everyone needs to get back on track of discussion related to this specific cache.

What this thread is not about includes, but is not limited to, attempts to determine if the CO is acting "fairly" or if the CO is justified in exclusion of certain caches or what ratings will be used. That last one was well documented at the time of publication. If anyone takes exception to that, move along. More general, this thread is also not about other challenge caches placed by other people or how some people are trying to change the game in specifics or in the broad sense. It is definitely not about gainsaying and provocation.

So let's return to what this thread was intended to serve. That would be updates about people trying to complete this challenge and identification of external aspects that may have changed so as to ensure people are apprised of the expectations for completion.

Thanks all,

:mad: CD

And at this point I would like to remind all of the participants in this thread as well as those looking in that there are guidelines and a terms of use document that covers the forums and contributing to them. Some of the posts are accusatory and inflammatory. I'm not going to name names here so I will just state that everyone needs to get back on track of discussion related to this specific cache.

What this thread is not about includes, but is not limited to, attempts to determine if the CO is acting "fairly" or if the CO is justified in exclusion of certain caches or what ratings will be used. That last one was well documented at the time of publication. If anyone takes exception to that, move along. More general, this thread is also not about other challenge caches placed by other people or how some people are trying to change the game in specifics or in the broad sense. It is definitely not about gainsaying and provocation.

So let's return to what this thread was intended to serve. That would be updates about people trying to complete this challenge and identification of external aspects that may have changed so as to ensure people are apprised of the expectations for completion.

Thanks all,

;) CD

The scope of this thread has been clearly outlined in the first post and it does cover any aspect of the cache.

This forum thread is for the discussion of any aspects of the following cache:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...6c-ea3fe7a446d4

Please use this thread to discuss the cache and feel free to exchange requests for caches of certain D/T ratings.

Happy Hunting

Edited by Keith Watson

As suggested in an earlier post, here is a compendium of ratings changed caches.

Rating shown is to be used for Tequila:81 Proof

GC1537R-Evil in the Park 4.5/3.0 See Posts 52-54

GCX84E-A Grand Word Search 1.5/4.5 See Post 75

GC1498V-Rocky Hike, Scenic Drive 1.5 / 4.5 See Post 106

GCFG140ACT 277 5.0/5.0 See Post 323

GCH1MZ-Silver Peak 2.0/4.5 See Post 355

GCB332-Crooked Creek 2.5/3.5 See Post 358

All of the above caches have been brought to my attention by one or more cachers who were considering them for part of their T81 grid and noticed the change. My thanks to them for their diligence.

It is my strong recommendation that you not use one of these caches for your grid. It will make your tracking more complex. This is a recommendation only. You are free to use them at the above rating.

For any cache owner following this thread: If you change the rating on one of your caches, placed before April 8, 2008, I am sure all cachers would appreciate you posting a note here advising of the change. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Finally, I think I have all of the above correct. However, fingers and eyes being what they are, there could be an error. If you notice an error please either post a note here or send me an email. Thanks in advance.

Looking forward to the next seven cachers who are closing in on the goal. Good luck and safe drive to Noranda.

Whups! Missed that one. Added to the macro.

Looking forward to the next seven cachers who are closing in on the goal. Good luck and safe drive to Noranda.

Actually, it's going to be Sudbury, Timmins and Noranda. I'll be complete after that so I'll be coming after you the cache soon after. ;)

Edited by Avernar

Whups! Missed that one. Added to the macro.

Actually, it's going to be Sudbury, Timmins and Noranda. I'll be complete after that so I'll be coming after you the cache soon after. ;)

Wow!! November. Sudbury. Timmins. Noranda. Couldn't find time to visit Moosenee as well?? :D

On a more serious note, could you please put together a little usage blurb on your GSAK macro and I will attach it to future posts when I update the changed list. Thanks.

On a more serious note, could you please put together a little usage blurb on your GSAK macro and I will attach it to future posts when I update the changed list. Thanks.

I'm working on the UI screen currently and when that's finished I'll release the macro publicly and let you know. That will probably be about two to three weeks away.

All aspects of the cache does not include your opinion of the CO.

Your goal now seems to have turned to getting this thread archived. Very slick tactic, but an obvious one. Please stop.

The past couple of days my in-box has been bombarded with notifications about this thread. I have refrained from commenting, yet will offer my 2 cents.

I agree with CD and other posts that emphasize the purpose of this thread is to encourage others that are actively pursuing this Challenge cache. Some posters have another agenda which is clear to the casual observer. Bashing the cache or CO is not the purpose of this thread. It violates the Forum agreement that CD mentioned. Some negative comments can be constructive or helpful but knocking down the rules and CO is not constructive to the discussion. I find it disheartening that the comments come from several community builders that admit they will never attempt to find this cache. I don't understand why they feel it's necessary to post disparaging comments about the rules.

Many positive things have come from this challenge. I have met and established good friends in the GC community. Most of the finders discuss the journey as very rewarding. It is great to discuss the hard to find cache combo's and difficult terrains that we conquered. I personally took this challenge on in 2009 and finished 1 year later. Many others have done the same and as time goes by the challenge will get harder. The California Fizzy is still active and still being found. It is getting harder to do as difficult combos are few and farther apart.

So as this thread moves forward please refrain from negative comments about the execution of the rules and just go find the caches needed to get this challenge. If your intention is to derail the thread or cache then please take it up privately and not in this public forum.

Thanks.

All aspects of the cache does not include your opinion of the CO.

Your goal now seems to have turned to getting this thread archived. Very slick tactic, but an obvious one. Please stop.

The past couple of days my in-box has been bombarded with notifications about this thread. I have refrained from commenting, yet will offer my 2 cents.

I agree with CD and other posts that emphasize the purpose of this thread is to encourage others that are actively pursuing this Challenge cache. Some posters have another agenda which is clear to the casual observer. Bashing the cache or CO is not the purpose of this thread. It violates the Forum agreement that CD mentioned. Some negative comments can be constructive or helpful but knocking down the rules and CO is not constructive to the discussion. I find it disheartening that the comments come from several community builders that admit they will never attempt to find this cache. I don't understand why they feel it's necessary to post disparaging comments about the rules.

Many positive things have come from this challenge. I have met and established good friends in the GC community. Most of the finders discuss the journey as very rewarding. It is great to discuss the hard to find cache combo's and difficult terrains that we conquered. I personally took this challenge on in 2009 and finished 1 year later. Many others have done the same and as time goes by the challenge will get harder. The California Fizzy is still active and still being found. It is getting harder to do as difficult combos are few and farther apart.

So as this thread moves forward please refrain from negative comments about the execution of the rules and just go find the caches needed to get this challenge. If your intention is to derail the thread or cache then please take it up privately and not in this public forum.

Thanks.

The CO\OP created this forum to discuss all aspects (he says so on the cache page and on the 1st post of this thread) of the cache, which is fine. However with the positive also comes the negative (just look at any other discussion going on in any of the other GC forums where opinions on topics vary greatly). Every post made in the past few days has been about the cache\challenge one way or another so it's surprising to see the post by CD (he probably should have posted as BQ), especially since he is not even a forum moderator, unless Tequila maybe asked him to post that. From the day that this thread was posted, people picked apart and questioned certain aspects of the cache and it's rules and this continues and will continue as long as people have an opinion. Everything that has been said about the cache owner offering exceptions (particularly to Rule #2) to certain cachers in the past few days have been true and this puts a big cloud over the validity of the challenge itself...email me if you don't believe it and I can provide solid proof from what everyone has said. Perhaps people might as well just find the cache and post a smiley if they want if the rules are not going to apply evenly. He even says right on the cache page he is not going to play cache cop and just have people go on the honour system. So since I found the cache, signed the log along with 5 of my other friends, I could conceivably have an exception apply too and claim the smiley. On that note, maybe I can claim it legitimately too, but I don't know as I have not been keeping track as I play the game for myself and not by someone else's rules. If tequila wants to let people have exception then that is fine with me too. It is his cache and he has the right to do that and make changes as he feels necessary. Hey can I log a find since I found it?

I like what you say in your 3rd paragraph. There are a lot of happy people doing this challenge as well as the many other challenges and it's a great way to get people together trying to acquire a common goal. I am sure those adventures as well as the memories will last a lifetime. It's good to have goals and to have a reason to get out and it definitely feels good when you accomplish a goal.

In the end though, by this time next year if not sooner, these challenge caches will probably be history and will be replaced with the new geocaching souvenirs which has a lot of potential to really expand the enjoyment of the game and take us out on new and exciting challenges.

so now criticism equates bashing

i've been on this continent (yes, its predominant to this part of the world) for over 15 years now and it never ceases to amaze how ill received is any sort of criticism, you're only allowed to praise, god forbid you say something negative

what happened to freedom of speech?

Edited by t4e

We completed our first unrestricted 81 fizzy grid on July 25th, 2009 at KSAcat's event and were proud of our accomplishment. Naturally, our next geocaching goal was to try and find the qualifying caches necessary to complete Ontario's original and toughest fizzy cache, Tequila 81. Gradually over the next month we knocked off the odd cache here and there, and suddenly it turned into an obsession. Trips to all parts of Ontario and the USA were planned and within a few months we found and logged the awesome caches required for Tequila 81, and subsequently logged on September 20th, 2009 the Holy Grail of Ontario caches Tequila 81.

All caches for Tequila 81 must have been published before April 8th, 2008, and this rule effectively eliminates 75% of the available caches. We soon ascertained that we were seeking many of the old time great caches placed by the seasoned experienced cachers, and in general the quality of the older caches is far superior to many recently placed caches. We learned that many of the elusive caches we were seeking necessitated a canoe or the ability to walk on water :D . Our good friend KSAcat introduced us to canoe caching and actually aided us in the selection process of of our canoe "Mellow Yellow". The last cache that we required for Tequila 81 was the canoe puzzle cache (4.5/5) Fishy View, and we were fortunate enough to find this cache on September 3rd, 2009 with Tequila in the bow. Since then Gerry and I have found over 200 canoe caches, but that's another story and adventure :D:D .

On one of our early caching expeditions, Tequila casually mentioned that Gerry and I should seek the caches for the original fizzy cache, The Well Rounded Cacher (The Fizzy Challenge) GC11E8N by Kealia in California. Suddenly, we had mega Gsak databases of caches needed for the California fizzy and many other challenge caches. We were now fanatical with finding the caches needed to complete the original fizzy challenge. On March 10th of this year we flew to California, drove to Big Basin Redwood Park, climbed to the top of Buzzards Roost, found the famous ammo box, and proudly added our name to the log. We were the first Canadian cachers to log the original fizzy, and just recently our good friend HF Reign also found the cache. We also know of at least 2-3 other T81 finders who are planning a similar excursion to California.

Tequila 81 has caused us to radically change our style of caching, and we now cache strictly for the numbers, that is the D/T number rating of the cache. We will drive by hundreds of caches to seek the ones with an elusive difficult D/T rating to fill a particular grid space. There is also a method in our madness as we are saving all the other easier caches for our later years which are too quickly approaching :):D .

Please don't let the forum naysayers dissuade you from attempting to complete Tequila 81. There are hundreds of tough awesome qualifying caches available in Ontario and the neighbouring States and Provinces. We recently vacationed in Kentucky and Indiana and logged both state fizzy caches, and also found the two caches we needed to complete our third Tequila 81 grid. Yes we know we're addicted to and obsessed with grid caching, but it's an absolute blast and we owe it all to Tequila 81.

Arnie & Gerry aka Lisdowney

Edited by Lisdowney

Tequila 81 has caused us to radically change our style of caching, and we now cache strictly for the numbers, that is the D/T number rating of the cache. We will drive by hundreds of caches to seek the ones with an elusive difficult D/T rating to fill a particular grid space. There is also a method in our madness as we are saving all the other easier caches for our later years which are too quickly approaching :blink::huh: .

We are NOT ACTIVELY pursuing this cache. Way too hard. But, does this mean that it has no value? Recently a cache was placed 250m from our front door - it had no value. But Tequila 81 has value for us. It has spawned our own personal, hyper-threading, creepy-stalker-like Pocket Query. Let me explain.

We hope for an experience every weekend, don't always get it. The finders of this particular cache have gone out of their way to experience, and now (it seems) they can't stop. So we stalk 'em for ideas and experiences. And the caches that they place (in our humble opinion) tend to be above average as they have standards to live up to.

Although certainly not exclusively, this is often how we plan our caching trips. We try to fit in a couple of interesting D/T combinations every trip out. And as we reflect on the recent interest in this particular topic, it turns out that those so-called "detractors" fall into the same category as the finders. They are passionate about their hobby, and their caches have also provided some of our best experiences. In one case, SEVERAL of our best experiences. And perhaps that's why they, we, you, are all voicing our opinions. That's why there's chocolate and vanilla. I think we get the best of everything while geocaching, because we like them both.

So keep debating this cache (just don't make it personal, it makes us squirm) ... TFTC Chuck, thanks Arnie and Gerry for summing up its value above, and thanks for the experiences everyone else.

My favourite line in Lisdowney's comment above is:

"......drove to Big Basin Redwood Park, climbed to the top of Buzzards Roost, ......."

One almost expects Butch Cassidy or some other highwayman to jump out from behind a giant tree and relieve you of your valuables. Kealia did an awesome job of creating a unique challenge AND a challenging find.

Paul & Susan: Glad you are "stalking" the finders for adventure caches. That is another byproduct of the challenge. And I am sure you will one day make the trek to Noranda. :angry:

Just grabbed Mandelbrot's Mystery last night so now I have 2 squares left!

Hopefully the weather is kind to us next weekend for big trip.

When HFreign and I found that cache, I found a pickle jar full of marijuana. :anibad:

Gee, all we found there was .... snow

Hmmm. Might have not been snow...

Keeping in mind that I am still newish to the game I would like to put my two cents in. I have been actively working on Tequila 81’ for the last few months and I am happy to say that I am more than half way there. Throughout the process the c/o has been more than helpful and has provided me with answers to any question I can throw at him (Some I liked the answer to and some I did not, but at least he was honest). I must say that I am more than surprised at the amount of negativity displayed by certain cachers. What happened to the game\fun aspect of this? Last I checked nobody is forcing anybody to go find their caches. If you don’t like it, click ignore instead of complaining. The fact of the matter is that if this cache was not worthwhile than people would not work towards completing it. What I can tell you is that I would much prefer to work towards this challenge cache then do a power trail full of pine tree micros. Do I argue the validity of such caches? Nope. I have done them and they are just not for me. This challenge has already taken me to places that I never expected to go, and met cachers I am very happy to now know and cache with, and I intend to complete it. I applaud the C/O for keeping this cache alive. As long as the combinations are still out there, then there is no reason to close the doors.

The fact of the matter is that if this cache was not worthwhile than people would not work towards completing it. What I can tell you is that I would much prefer to work towards this challenge cache then do a power trail full of pine tree micros. Do I argue the validity of such caches? Nope. I have done them and they are just not for me.

Being the owner of a power trail I can tell you that the numbers say a lot more people prefer my caches mostly hung in cedar trees at arms length from the trail than doing 81 proof. I had to go out and replace all the log sheets because they were full from the overwhelming average of 60 finds per cache in the first three months. Even you logged that you had a great night of caching while doing them.

This challenge has already taken me to places that I never expected to go, and met cachers I am very happy to now know and cache with, and I intend to complete it.

I have never needed a challenge cache to inspire my to go somewhere interesting. I have traditionally gone with cacher recommendations, research before going on a vacation, and sometimes just plain dumb luck.

The only aspect with this cache this I have questions about now is the date limitations. It has been suggested that exemptions have been given and or offered to some individuals. There also may be proof. I would like to know two things from the cache owner. I think they are fair questions and should be answered fro every to see.

1) Is it true that a date exemption has been given and or offered?

2) If it is true, will the exemption be offered to everyone else seeking 81 proof.

You are right. I did enjoy myself on the power trai. BTW, your coords were great. Thanks for that. Never did I argue the validity of those caches. All I said was I did it, had fun, now onto bigger things (not better, just different). This is a challenge cache. I want to feel challenged. The fact that there are only a few of the combo's left adds to the fun for me.

With respect to the rules around dates, I am following the guidelines as posted. I have never been offered a substitute that did not meet the criteria. I guess it's to each his own. That's what makes this game so interesting. There is something for everybody.

The only aspect with this cache this I have questions about now is the date limitations. It has been suggested that exemptions have been given and or offered to some individuals. There also may be proof. I would like to know two things from the cache owner. I think they are fair questions and should be answered fro every to see.

2) If it is true, will the exemption be offered to everyone else seeking 81 proof.

If there is proof then what form does it take? If it is in the form of cacher A saying that cacher B told them that the CO said to cacher B that they could ignore the date, then that is not proof, that is heresay. I suggest it is heresay because cacher A was not privy to the original conversation between cacher B and the CO.

On the other hand, if cacher A overhears the CO telling cacher B that cacher B can ignore the date, then that is proof.

If there is proof then what form does it take? If it is in the form of cacher A saying that cacher B told them that the CO said to cacher B that they could ignore the date, then that is not proof, that is heresay. I suggest it is heresay because cacher A was not privy to the original conversation between cacher B and the CO.

On the other hand, if cacher A overhears the CO telling cacher B that cacher B can ignore the date, then that is proof.

the fact that roughly half the logged finds are missing the most important part of the "logging requirement" it can be interpreted as proof of the rules being bent, maybe they weren't but this sure allows for doubt to creep in

Logging Requirements

To get credit for THE FIND you must post the following with your FOUND IT log:

1. A link to your bookmark list showing the 81 caches that meet the requirements with one of each cache type noted; AND

2. The screenshot of your completed terrain/difficulty chart from GSAK or similar statistics programs. Several are available on the net.

the fact that roughly half the logged finds are missing the most important part of the "logging requirement" it can be interpreted as proof of the rules being bent, maybe they weren't but this sure allows for doubt to creep in

Does it really matter how the cacher communicated their proof to the CO?

Anyone else starting to think that some people should just go make a "What I hate about 81 Proof and/or challenge caches" thread and let the rest of us carry on in this one?

Yes!

Why is it that the people not doing the cache are complaining about the rules and the ones that are doing it are not complaining?

Anyone else starting to think that some people should just go make a "What I hate about 81 Proof and/or challenge caches" thread and let the rest of us carry on in this one?

who said anything about hate?

i guess this thread should be "You're entitled to your opinion as long as it agrees with mine"

YES, sure does as in this case its clearly spelled out "must post with your found log"

Why is it that the people not doing the cache are complaining about the rules and the ones that are doing it are not complaining?

why is it that people confuse comments for complaining?

or we're not allowed to make any comments of any kind?

this thread is about discussing ALL aspects of this cache

Edited by t4e

YES, sure does as in this case its clearly spelled out "must post with your found log"

I don't see any signatures anywhere so it's not a binding contract.

If the CO and cacher are both satisfied that the challenge has been met, the final paperwork is moot. The rules are probably just there in case someone refuses to give any kind of proof.

why is it that people confuse comments for complaining?

com·plain /kəmˈplān/ Verb

1. Express dissatisfaction or annoyance about a state of affairs or an event

Yup. Complain is the right word.

or we're not allowed to make any comments of any kind?

Yes. But why repeat them ad nauseum?

this thread is about discussing ALL aspects of this cache

And the people who are persuing this challenge have repeatedly stated:

1) They don't care if the rules are being bent/broken/unevenly enforced/etc.

2) Are perfectly happy with the date restriction.

Personally, I've already done a standard 81 Fizzy challenge. I don't need to do another just like it. The extra dates on the other Fizzy's in the province lets me continue my fun.

I don't see any signatures anywhere so it's not a binding contract.

LMAO we’re getting all technical here

so by your own admission any of the requirements on this challenge can’t be enforced because its not a binding contract

If the CO and cacher are both satisfied that the challenge has been met, the final paperwork is moot. The rules are probably just there in case someone refuses to give any kind of proof.

if there was anything saying “post or send me" your completed grid, I would agree with your statement

on the other hand, I never implied that those that logged it didn’t actually complete the challenge, all I’m saying is that if you have rules and feel strong about them they should be enforced all across the board, as it stands now it leaves the door open to wondering what other rules have been bent.

com•plain /kəmˈplān/ Verb

1. Express dissatisfaction or annoyance about a state of affairs or an event

Yup. Complain is the right word.

no its not, show me where I expressed dissatisfaction or annoyance

i don't care what the rules are, for all i care there can be a rule that requires one to walk to all caches, i'm only expressing my thoughts on the rules

Yes. But why repeat them ad nauseum?

Who repeated what?

And the people who are persuing this challenge have repeatedly stated:

1) They don't care if the rules are being bent/broken/unevenly enforced/etc.

2) Are perfectly happy with the date restriction.

Personally, I've already done a standard 81 Fizzy challenge. I don't need to do another just like it. The extra dates on the other Fizzy's in the province lets me continue my fun.

so what if they did? they’re the only ones who’s opinion counts?

i don’t see anywhere anything saying that this thread is only open for comments to those pursuing the challenge.

that would be like telling people that if they don’t play in the NHL they can’t discuss any hockey games.

its very unfortunate that this whole thing has turned into "this camp" vs "that camp"

serioulsy now, threatening to ban people from posting in a forum thread just because they chose to criticize rather than praise, its hillarious

as such i will "extract" myself from this thread, its very apparent that an opne discussion is not welcome and i honestly don't care to have every word i type be misconstrued depending on how the wind blows

I submit for one's consideration the possibility that after demonstrating to the CO that one has met the challenge requirements via a public bookmark list that said bookmark list does not have to remain in perpetuity. Afterall, we have a finite number of bookmark lists that we can create. Is it therefore possible that some of these cachers have now deleted their T81 bookmark list? The rules don't say such list has to remain in existence as long as the challenge exists. An easy way to resolve this is for one to simply ask those cachers if they deleted their list.

Edited by entogeek

Avernar and Team Northbound:

Good luck on your weekend trek. Weather for Noranda looks reasonable for this time of year.

And if you do get lost, Quebec has some excellent SAR teams.

If you want Tequila and I to come find you, we would be happy to ask Lisdowney to ferry us up in the Hummer. Please leave the following with northernpenguin:

(1) Photocopy of your boot print.

(2) Scent article sealed inside two Zip-Loc bags.

(3) Large chunk of 4 year old cheddar cheese as a reward for Tequila when he finds you. A coke for me would be nice too.

On a more serious note, drive safely and most of.......have fun.

Tequila and Tequila