Tequila: 81 Proof

Tequila

For anyone using GCJCED

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...CJCED&log=y

for their Tequila 81 grid, it will be treated as a D/T of 4/2 which is the rating it was the entire time it was active.

After it was archived, it was changed to 5/4.5 which is definitely an very incorrect rating.

Thank you to an honest cacher for advising me of this change.

Once it is archived it can not be changed by the cache owner. If you are going to talk about honesty, be honest in your postings in the forums.

Edited by Keith Watson

Was the rating changed before it was archived? When I looked for it in my GSAK db I have it listed as a 4.0/2.0

In a word, yes. A number of cachers have advised me they have it as a 4/2. And I have it as a 4.2 And another cacher has it bookmarked on their Fizzy bookmarks as their 4/2.

The real telling statement is the fact that it was changed to a 5.0/4.5 which is a very unique combination and when Luc & Sweety archived GCZTZP, a number of cachers were forced to drive several hundred kilometers to get a legitimate 5.0/4.5 in northern Quebec or Michigan.

So it is pretty obvious why it was changed to a particular rating. A similar thing occurred with an annual event that was a 5/5 last year and this year it was originally a 4/4.5. After being exposed, the CO changed it to a 1/1, then a 3/5 and finally a 5/5. Sadly I guess they don't respect the impact these things have on cachers who track their finds for the various challenges.

There are lots of other 4/2 caches in the area and I recommend cachers focused on T81 use a different cache for their 4/2. If that is not possible, I will continue to accept it as a 4.2

Was the rating changed before it was archived? When I looked for it in my GSAK db I have it listed as a 4.0/2.0

In a word, yes. A number of cachers have advised me they have it as a 4/2. And I have it as a 4.2 And another cacher has it bookmarked on their Fizzy bookmarks as their 4/2.

The real telling statement is the fact that it was changed to a 5.0/4.5 which is a very unique combination and when Luc & Sweety archived GCZTZP, a number of cachers were forced to drive several hundred kilometers to get a legitimate 5.0/4.5 in northern Quebec or Michigan.

So it is pretty obvious why it was changed to a particular rating. A similar thing occurred with an annual event that was a 5/5 last year and this year it was originally a 4/4.5. After being exposed, the CO changed it to a 1/1, then a 3/5 and finally a 5/5. Sadly I guess they don't respect the impact these things have on cachers who track their finds for the various challenges.

There are lots of other 4/2 caches in the area and I recommend cachers focused on T81 use a different cache for their 4/2. If that is not possible, I will continue to accept it as a 4.2

I don't need any of those combinations so none of those changes affect me thankfully.

By the way, the event you are referring to may have changed after it was suggested that the first change was only done to fill someone else matrix and not an adjustment to the real value after doing it the year before.

Unless you have proof that wrong doing is going on, i would suggest not using the forums to promote speculation and rumors about other cachers.

Edited by Keith Watson

I don't need any of those combinations so none of those changes affect me thankfully.

By the way, the event you are referring to may have changed after it was suggested that the first change was only done to fill someone else matrix and not an adjustment to the real value after doing it the year before.

Unless you have proof that wrong doing is going on, i would suggest not using the forums to promote speculation and rumors about other cachers.

I knew these screen captures would come in handy. Here are screen captures that show the event you refer to was changed in ratings several times; all after it was revealed in a separate forum that games were being played.

ed44426f-5473-43cb-b26d-b17d2d914636.jpg

ea39f0ce-0b30-4b7a-ba63-05d5962def01.jpg

8ee89bce-9d36-4135-a770-09689ba13464.jpg

d1050e30-00ec-417a-8d3f-4943dadf254f.jpg

Not sure that constitutes "wrong doing" as you chose to describe it, but it certainly raises eyebrows. And as pointed out for the cache above, it messes with the plans and records of people who are legitimately trying to complete fizzy challenges.

One has to wonder at the CO's motives for so many D/T changes; particularly when the same event was a 5/5 the year before. One can only speculate as to why GCJCED was changed to such a unique rating.

But as I pointed out above, it is no longer an issue.

For someone who wants nothing to do with me, Tequila you sure go out of your way to take an interest in my caches. Can you say GeoStalker?!

That sound you heard was the sound of a can of worms openning.

Not sure that constitutes "wrong doing" as you chose to describe it, but it certainly raises eyebrows. And as pointed out for the cache above, it messes with the plans and records of people who are legitimately trying to complete fizzy challenges.

One has to wonder at the CO's motives for so many D/T changes; particularly when the same event was a 5/5 the year before. One can only speculate as to why GCJCED was changed to such a unique rating.

But as I pointed out above, it is no longer an issue.

If it is no longer an issue then why do you continue to drag it out? Does this have anything to do with your 81 proof, no, because this cache was posted after yous so changing the raring will not affect people hunting your cache one bit.

Looking at your last few posts I would conclude you have a personal issue with res2100 and chose to take it out on him in the forums by implying he is dishonest and or changing ratings to help someone else get specific combinations.

The screen shots indicates to me that you may be stalking res2100 or have other personal reasons for gathering evidence against him. I can understand putting a watch on a cache to see what is going on with the event. You however have gone one step further by taking screen shots to prove he has changed the rating on a cache that has nothing to do with you or your challenge cache. I would find that creepy.

Once again you have failed to take my advise and not use the forums to pursue personal issues you have with other cachers. I would suggest dropping it before the higher powers realize what is going on here.

On a lighter note, I'm now 8 away, at 634 finds, and each within reach.

2 are relatively local in SW Ontario, near events or common travel

1 is a bit of a stretch to Buffalo

2 may be covered in a trip shortly in June through PA/WV

2 I'm hoping to log on a trip to Alberta in June

1 I should be able to log on another trip to Atlanta in July.

I'm keeping my caching to minimum these days :drama: though I'm also aiming to fill up my calendar now with at least a cache a day. I just passed my 1 year caching anniversary this month, so the next couple months are pretty well covered as I was on a relative caching rampage when I started out :laughing:

I guess my achievable goal now is to finish at under 700 finds.

I don't think anyone from Ontario has gone to West Virginia for a T81 cache. Another first.

It is interesting to see the extra twists cachers are putting on this challenge. Fewest caches to complete. Fewest days. etc.

I am starting to worry about global warming. Between the fire breathing and sending cachers all over Northeastern North America to find T81 eligible caches, I figure a call from Al Gore is in the offing. :drama::laughing::lol::D:D:P

Good work, thebruce0. Look forward to more of your interesting logs.

Edited by Tequila

The end is in sight now for the geek with only 2 to go thanks to a trip into Michigan on Tuesday. GPS Derek and Skyecat are right behind with only 3 or 4 to go - and they managed to get their 5/5 as well, after a few false starts of course.

Which combos are you looking to complete still? Check my grid, maybe I could tag along at some point :blink: Looks like the two you need I have, and you have all I still need, but maybe there's are common needs with Skyecat or Derek? :mad:

I haven't had the opportunity to congratulate Graham (gg7) on here for crossing the finish line in style. Quite the accomplishment indeed!

I also would like to extend my congratulations to Gary and Lyn (MrPirateCat) who completed T81 with so little cache finds. Truly amazing and a record that I'm sure you will be holding for quite some time.

Thinking Chuck needs to set up camp at the cache as he is about to meet many more cachers this summer.

Enjoy the Stanley Cup of caching.... while we eagerly await Team # 14.

Kara

361 Finds!!!

Can you imagine how many drive up micros you drove by on your way to find the T81 caches? :laughing:

Very impressive. And it certainly raises the bar for those who are putting extra twists on the challenge.

Nice to meet Gary and Lyn again at GZ.

Congratulations on a job very well done.

I know there is a couple of other cachers working on a double T81. Lot of driving.

Good luck.

Who is #14 going to be?

Edited by Tequila
Pretty sure I won't make it until at least mid July, so not sure what number I'll reserve...

My aim is just to be the first to find without a personal vehicle, definitely can't get it with the least finds now, but will hopefully get it under 700 :unsure:

Just delete all but 81 of your finds :)

Well now that I can't be the one with the lowest number of finds anymore, maybe I can still be in the the top 20 to get the 81Proof. :) I'm just looking for personal satisfaction not competition.

I'm pushing this summer to do a lot of the caches that I need (still wouldn't mind to get together with others on a few) and I still need the 5/5. One of my goals in completing this challenge is to find mostly traditional caches without a boat (as I do not own a canoe and I just can't seem to figure out those mysteries). That said, there are two in Algonquin that I found and I might just tackle one or two puzzles that I might have a shot at figuring out. The 4x4 comes in handy though...

One day I will complete this challenge. If I haven't said it before, thanks for giving me a reason to find difficult to get to caches in places far far away!!

Oh I almost forgot... I would like to do it for my 500th find but we will see...:laughing:

Edited by The Fletcher Clan

ooo-ooo-ooo, the geek can almost taste it! With Massasauga Paperback Library in the books (and I must add that this is a great canoe cache) the geek is down to just one cache remaining. So Tequila, you'd better be ready for July 14 or shortly thereafter - that is assuming the geek doesn't umm... do what a geek typically does while in a canoe which is take on water/go overboard/crack the hull/get lost. Plan on 2 others to be ready to sign in as well!

Edited by entogeek

ooo-ooo-ooo, the geek can almost taste it! With Massasauga Paperback Library in the books (and I must add that this is a great canoe cache) the geek is down to just one cache remaining. So Tequila, you'd better be ready for July 14 or shortly thereafter - that is assuming the geek doesn't umm... do what a geek typically does while in a canoe which is take on water/go overboard/crack the hull/get lost. Plan on 2 others to be ready to sign in as well!

I guess it is time to archive the cache. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I guess it is time to archive the cache. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Have you been told today? :mad::o:mad::o:mad:

Why didn't you tell me these things before I took you in MY CANOE to the Massasauga Paperback Library..... :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Why didn't you tell me these things before I took you in MY CANOE to the Massasauga Paperback Library..... :mad::mad::mad::o

Some things are better left unsaid. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Hee-hee-hee-hee :laughing::laughing::laughing:

:anibad::anibad: Low-blow, Low-blow! :angry::angry:

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Go back to your corner and don't come out until you're ready to play nice again! :anibad::anibad:

Hey, I just had a video of me going through a beaver dam near Bushwacker posted on youtube. Just spreading around the fun. :angry::lol:

The camera keeps rolling and you aren't even offered a helping hand... what are friends for! :angry:

I'm now within agonizing reach too! I just knocked off 6 this past week in two trips, leaving me 2 that remain. One unfortunately remained due to a dnf in Alberta. A very painful, wasted hunt :lol: the rest of the trip offset that agony though so it's all good. That just meant I had to get to Where/When/What at some point... and it looks like that may be doable in the very near future w/entogeek (thankyethankye), with a visit to my folks to boot. My penultimate cache log will come in July in Atlanta, hopefully.

My final, it seems, may very well have to wait until the next nearby CITO event, as that's still the only cache type I don't yet have. All other opportunities I had to attend one were always pre-empted by some other thing I was called away to. But it seems, I believe, I wouldn't be the first to complete t81 with a CITO. Ah well.

so close... so close...

Edited by thebruce0

A group logging would be really cool. And a great symbol of the cacher cooperation you guys have exemplified through this challenge.

Please don't schedule the logging for next weekend, July 10. I am doing a SAR certification for the OPP.

Well the taste is spreading! Skyecat and I Canoed 17km to Massasauga Paperback Library and The Big E to put us both within 1 cache of T81... just like the Geek!

I see a party on or about July 14 in our future, better get your part hat ready Mr. Tequila!

After yesterday's marathon of paddling 17km to get two T81 caches I can barely raise a glass to celebrate getting to within 1 cache to finish off this challenge on the 13th of July. So glad the weather was perfect yesterday for our canoe trip and that I have two days to recover before going back to work.

Well, this was an epic weekend... Logged Where/when/what in Ottawa, and nabbed 7 of my 8 remaining Fizzy caches. D2.0 will be logged either Tuesday or next Monday.

I am now aiming to have T81 for #700. My final matrix cache will be logged Wednesday, hopefully, in Atlanta. Then... Then... the elusive CITO! argh!

My goal is to make every cache up to 700 count.

I'm now at 693, which leaves me room for Fizzy 2.0, one cache to -complete- the DT Bingo matrix (the 2nd to do so after Skyecat I believe), the last T81 combo, one more local CREW event (August, presuming I don't get a CITO before then), the CITO, and T81.

That leaves one cache buffer. There are a whole bunch of challenges I can still log, so I'm not sure which gets that last spot... :ph34r:

Completion of T81 with the least finds is definitely out, but just to be able to complete it, let alone without a personal vehicle.. well, it can't happen without teamwork and friends. I'm aiming to have each find up to 700 and T81 to be significant. I'm going for the "epicest" T81 completion :)

I have to say, HUGE thanks to Entogeek and Skyecat for letting me tag along to Ottawa this weekend. We grabbed a few caches, and I passed on a bunch, but my main goal was WWW, and they graciously let me stop over at my folks' place in Prescott to spend some quality visitation time with them. That was seriously an amazing thing they did. And then the next day, the geek drove me around to log those 7 fizzy's and the Ontario bingo. Brad seriously deserves an award or recognition for being an amazing guy.

Now if only I can find a lime diet coke...

Ah, the road to 700... I can taste the epic flavour already!