Okinawa Cachers-All others ignore!

Clan Doyle

Hi! My name is Joe, and I'm part of ClanDoyle. Coins of any type are my passion, and I would like to design one for all of us who cache here on Okinawa. Geotags seem like the most economical way to go, and I already have a design in mind. My question is, would any of you buy them? I'd charge cost ($4.25 each for this first set, $3.90 if the initial order is 100, $3.75 with reorder), and hand the rights off to someone when I leave the island. I'd also post the design here before minting, to get a feel for what you guys like. I really don't want to keep these in stock, and will probably have to get payment at preorder (the wife would kill me if I fronted, especially if we needed more than 50) so I'll only order them if I get a good response. Thanx for your time, and we'll see you at WWFM III!

- Joe

Joe,

There has been some discussion about this for awhile. The last conversation was between dawgdoc, tlbeers and myself (Flipper). What I recommend is that you simply throw an email out to the most active cachers on the island (drunkenpenguin, gribbon, ddrams, nivad, LARCjpn, afmedic etc...) everyone would be on board. I'd throw out your design allow for limited comments from the masses, make adjustments, and then go for it. I guarantee that everyone would be on board.

Flipper

Joe,

There has been some discussion about this for awhile. The last conversation was between dawgdoc, tlbeers and myself (Flipper). What I recommend is that you simply throw an email out to the most active cachers on the island (drunkenpenguin, gribbon, ddrams, nivad, LARCjpn, afmedic etc...) everyone would be on board. I'd throw out your design allow for limited comments from the masses, make adjustments, and then go for it. I guarantee that everyone would be on board.

Flipper

+1

Absolutely, though those outside the cadre currently on island (depending on how many you want, of course), wouldn't have to be in on the original purchase, just for ease of collecting money. If yo just want a couple, I could front those and collect money when they come in. It's just easier to coordinate that way. As for pghlooking's post, those that used to be on the island are the reason I posted here. Probably should have named it different...but it was late, I was tired, the dog ate my....you get the picture.

Joe,

Flipper

I'm on an extended business trip, but if this is still an open discussion or topic, I'd like to get involved. I should be back in a relatively short period of time, but I also only have a relatively short period of time left in Okinawa.

Let me know?

NeroFotia

<<BUMP>>I've been caching the island pretty regularly since we arrived in February, and I consistently find folks not logging trackables as "discovered" and also writing in the cache log that they took a trackable, but when you go to the trackable log it shows no activity. It's frustrating to me and they aren't even my trackables. I "discover" every trackable I find. I feel it's a courtesy to the owner to let him/her know the trackable is alive and well. How does this relate to the topic of the thread? Well, why would I want to spend money on a Okinawa coin (awesome idea BTW) when the cachers here are too dadgum lazy to log them? Again, I love the idea of the coin/trackable, but it seems moot if it's not going to be logged properly....I mean isn't that the fun of owning a trackable?