THANK-YOU all at GS/GC!

The recent topic about agendas really left me with a bad taste in my mouth, I spent much of this morning THANKING each of our mods and reviewers personally for the hard work involved with keeping everyone happy!

I won't get into the negativity of the thread which brought all this about, just want to say that NO ONE should question anothers' patriotism over something as simple as doing their job! No one should be called names or have their integrity questioned...certainly NOT in public! :P

ANYWAY, this is a personal THANK-YOU to EVERYONE working for, volunteering or whatever you do with GS/GC!! After reading the thread in question, I felt you all might need a bit of a pick-me-up!! Your work is MUCH appreciated...at least by me!! :D

I sent out a bunch of emails this morning...but need to head to work! Just know I appreciate you and want to THANK-YOU all personally...maybe others will too??

HAPPY CACHING!! and THANK-YOU!!!!

Rod

Rockin Roddy

Quick addition here: THIS IS A FRIENDLY THANK-YOU to everyone at GS/GC. if you've nothing NICE to add here, please don't add anything as this is NOT meant to be another starting point for ANY arguments! Let's keep this friendly and to the point!! THANK-YOU!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

The recent topic about agendas really left me with a bad taste in my mouth, I spent much of this morning THANKING each of our mods and reviewers personally for the hard work involved with keeping everyone happy!

I won't get into the negativity of the thread which brought all this about, just want to say that NO ONE should question anothers' patriotism over something as simple as doing their job! No one should be called names or have their integrity questioned...certainly NOT in public! :P

ANYWAY, this is a personal THANK-YOU to EVERYONE working for, volunteering or whatever you do with GS/GC!! After reading the thread in question, I felt you all might need a bit of a pick-me-up!! Your work is MUCH appreciated...at least by me!! :D

I sent out a bunch of emails this morning...but need to head to work! Just know I appreciate you and want to THANK-YOU all personally...maybe others will too??

Rod

Rockin Roddy

RR, thank you very much for having taken the time to write this! I agree completely! I wish to extend a big thank you to the administrators at Groundspeak/GC and to the many volunteers (reviewers, moderators, etc.) who hold this thing together. Thank you!

HEY...I just got a PM from one who was in the debate yesterday...let me make something CRYSTAL CLEAR:

I have no reason to kiss up to ANYONE! You want to pm me and make those accusations, have at it...I've got broad shoulders! KEEP IN MIND that you are merely opening a window to your TRUE character when doing so...THANK-YOU!

This message was HEARTFELT! If you disagree with it, FINE! If you don't like it, FINE! But to attack someone for THANKING others for their time?? WOW! Are we not all adults here?

ANYWAY, THANK-YOU ALL who give of your time so generously!! THANKS also for the nice comments V&S and Totem!! Great to see others feel as I do!

Now, back to the FRIENDLY topic on hand!

I tend to lurk here on the MB, only posting occasionally....but I do look forward to sitting down at the office every morning with my cup of coffee and reading all the new posts. I have learned so much that helps me in my cache hunting, I have gotten to know more about my fellow local cachers, and I really enjoy reading most of the posts, whether I agree with them or not. So I will say "Thank you" for keeping me entertained and providing a way for me to become much more knowledgeable about this activity that I enjoy so much!

No, no, no...this is the part where you post a screen shot with their name and all the drama ensues!

MUCH more adult than that!

No need to report either, as I said, it gave me a view to their true character!

Let's keep this friendly and on topic...THANKING those who give of themselves so we can enjoy this activity!!

HAPPY CACHING ALL!!

No, no, no...this is the part where you post a screen shot with their name and all the drama ensues!

MUCH more adult than that!

No need to report either, as I said, it gave me a view to their true character!

Let's keep this friendly and on topic...THANKING those who give of themselves so we can enjoy this activity!!

HAPPY CACHING ALL!!

Definitely so...

Agree with them on every issue or not you got to give props to people giving their time to moderate boards and review caches. It's often a thankless job.

I used to admin/mod a board that was almost as busy as this one for over six years. It's work.

Incidentally, when I thank the forum moderators, I know what I am talking about... I operate, and have operated, for the past 7 or 8 years, 30 email list groups, some of which have membership in the thousands, and some of which are devoted to topics which attract not only sane people, but also act as red flags to attract all sorts of fanatics, fundamentalists (of all ilks), zealots, self-styled martyrs/victims, and flamers! And, our course, my moderators and I get to manage all of that every day! Fortunately, I happen to have very thick skin, am flameproof, and I NEVER engage in arguments or debate with idiots, buffoons or flamers, and so that helps to keep my workload rather minimal. So, I know what the mods here go through, and I appreciate their work very much!

You know...I got to thinking (scary isn't it??), I couldn't possibly send each and every one of our reviewers a personal message, I wouldn't even know where to find them all!!

Sorry if I didn't send you a personal message, please realize I DO APPRECIATE each and every one of you behind the scenes, on the "front lines" etc!!

If you know a reviewer or anyone behind the scenes, please let them know this topic is here...THANKS!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

Thanks Rockin Roddy for your feels on this for the reviewers/Mod's As always you seem to be the type of person who like to smooth things over with the forums and you also do it in private emails and you are thanked for that also.

Only problem I have with all the ruckus from the last 2 days was the fack there were 15 pages of posting.We did not get to hear the other side of the party who was accused of what the Op posted.

A lot of us learned a few things or two from those pages . I know a Mod. can close a post when they see fit. But they can also go in and edit that post. And warn the Op. The word that offened this Mod. was only 4 letters long. And if edit would would have not taken out any part of what the sentence said. And I would have rather seen him edit the post than shut it down. After 15 pages you think the Mod would have let it go, by editing it so we could see the rest of the comments. Which some of us were waiting for. The Op posted and bingo the tread is closed. I know there would have been a lot of comments after the Op posted. I asked for the post to be close long before it got to 15 pages. That was a someone ticked me off post and vent vent and I did. A few people who were surpended from the forums (GUIDELINE Breaking) for this tread, Because the gave a view that was not aloud.

But I thought the forums were here to express your self to a point on a tread. I guess it's another Do as We say, Not as We do. The Reviewers/Mod's are only human they make mistakes as we all do. Never know we might have learned a lot more if the tread was left alone. But I have learned somethings. Well by closing the tread it left a bad taste in my mouth. Just Don't Rock The Boat is what we are seeing here. USA 45

Thanks Rockin Roddy for your feels on this for the reviewers/Mod's As always you seem to be the type of person who like to smooth things over with the forums and you also do it in private emails and you are thanked for that also.

Only problem I have with all the ruckus from the last 2 days was the fack there were 15 pages of posting.We did not get to hear the other side of the party who was accused of what the Op posted.

A lot of us learned a few things or two from those pages . I know a Mod. can close a post when they see fit. But they can also go in and edit that post. And warn the Op. The word that offened this Mod. was only 4 letters long. And if edit would would have not taken out any part of what the sentence said. And I would have rather seen him edit the post than shut it down. After 15 pages you think the Mod would have let it go, by editing it so we could see the rest of the comments. Which some of us were waiting for. The Op posted and bingo the tread is closed. I know there would have been a lot of comments after the Op posted. I asked for the post to be close long before it got to 15 pages. That was a someone ticked me off post and vent vent and I did. A few people who were surpended from the forums (GUIDELINE Breaking) for this tread, Because the gave a view that was not aloud.

But I thought the forums were here to express your self to a point on a tread. I guess it's another Do as We say, Not as We do. The Reviewers/Mod's are only human they make mistakes as we all do. Never know we might have learned a lot more if the tread was left alone. But I have learned somethings. Well by closing the tread it left a bad taste in my mouth. Just Don't Rock The Boat is what we are seeing here. USA 45

Thanks for the post USA45! You know I do my share of mucking it up too lol!

If anyone did get a vacation from what transpired over the last few, they likely broke guidelines. I'm guessing not because of their beliefs or thoughts which might differ from the PTB. Truly, I thought there were a few who really pushed it and I see them posting today, so it must take a bit to get a vacation! :P

Ok, back to the friendly topic on hand please!

In many ways what a thankless job these volunteers must have. They probably only get an earful when someone is ticked off and they probably rarely get kudos. For many people in life it usually takes 1000 'atta-boys' to equal 1 criticism. The complaints and the criticisms tend to be remembered long after the compliments. So I am happy to take a moment and express my appreciation for all that GS/GC does to make our caching experiences positive.

Thanks!

There will be people who consider this thread a "suck up" to TPTB. I would urge them to consider the time and effort it takes to do some small positive thing in this world as time better spent than spreading negativity and vitriol. We reap what we sow. And that's my 2 cents. :P

<snip>

<snip>

I would also like to say "THANKS"!!!

Our local Reviewer, Marko Ramius, deserves lots and lots of thanks from me. He has Reviewed some unique caches of mine and I really appreciate all the extra time he invested. I am also thankful to all the Groundspeak lackeys and the work they do. I truly appreciate the Moderators of this Forum and their efforts to keep the discussions from developing too much angst.

Thanks to all!! :P

Rod

Rockin Roddy

Quick addition here: THIS IS A FRIENDLY THANK-YOU to everyone at GS/GC. if you've nothing NICE to add here, please don't add anything as this is NOT meant to be another starting point for ANY arguments! Let's keep this friendly and to the point!! THANK-YOU!!

I didn't participate in that thread, so I'll take your word for it.

I agree with the rest of your post. THANKS Groundspeak admins and volunteers! :D

I can't believe I get myself sucked into reading this lame dribble.

Looks like *somebody* has a case of the Mondays Tuesdays!

:D

I'd like to say I really appreciate Keystone's humor and grace, especially considering the avalanche of poo-poo sent his way recently.

As far as local reviewers: Palmetto, you RAWK!

*flashes head-banging devil horns*

I'd like to say I really appreciate Keystone's humor and grace, especially considering the avalanche of poo-poo sent his way recently.

As far as local reviewers: Palmetto, you RAWK!

*flashes head-banging devil horns*

My reviewer is better than yours. :D

and cuter too. :laughing:

Here's to you Electric Mouse.

I won't get into the negativity of the thread which brought all this about, just want to say that NO ONE should question anothers' patriotism over something as simple as doing their job! No one should be called names or have their integrity questioned...certainly NOT in public! :laughing:

Rod

Rockin Roddy

Well said! :laughing: Thanks to all the reviewers and moderators everywhere. I've learned a lot from those who post in these forums, and especially from my local reviewers (PNWadmin and Team Misguided).

There will be people who consider this thread a "suck up" to TPTB.

Thats their problem. If "they" have to go through life "sucking up" to get anywhere "they" should not assume the rest of us have to do so as well.

I have nothing but respect for anyone willing to give all the time and effort that is involved in doing the moderator - reviewer jobs on this site.

Any problem I have ever had has been worked out to my satisfaction on this site.

I tip my hat to you.

Good job and thank you.

Logscaler and Red.

I would like to thank all those who served before, currently serving and those who will serve in the future. God's speed to you! Thank-you for our GEOCACHES! Groundspeak, Inc. was started in the year 2000 to manage Geocaching.com, the global headquarters for the sport of geocaching. There are 553564 active caches worldwide. In the last 7 days, there have been 432721 new logs written by 57145 account holders. Groundspeak is a privately-owned corporation headquartered in Seattle, Washington.

Now it's an agenda. :D

I thought there were a few who really pushed it and I see them posting today, so it must take a bit to get a vacation! :D

I've got a lot of experience in that area :laughing: I agree, if someone got a vacation, it was not from their viewpoint, but from breaking forum guidelines..

On topic: The mods do a great job.. (this coming from someone who got a month vacation and almost complete banination)...

Keep up the good work!

I would like to thank all those who served before, currently serving and those who will serve in the future. God's speed to you! Thank-you for our GEOCACHES! Groundspeak, Inc. was started in the year 2000 to manage Geocaching.com, the global headquarters for the sport of geocaching. There are 553564 active caches worldwide. In the last 7 days, there have been 432721 new logs written by 57145 account holders. Groundspeak is a privately-owned corporation headquartered in Seattle, Washington.

Now it's an agenda. :D

Now it's commercial.

To the guys and gals at Groundspeak, thanks. One thing some have noticed lately is that the weekends are zippy again. It is great that you have been able to keep working on things and work so hard to make this fun for everyone. Thanks for solving the weekend slowdown issue and for all you do everyday to make it better.

RR, thanks for starting this thread. It's great to hear everyone 'paying' their reviewers and the mods. Sorry, it's still a volunteer job; you're not likely to see a paycheck anytime soon! :D

The mods that were dealing with the 'mess' in That Other Thread handled themselves very professionally and kept things as civil as possible, considering the avalanche they had to dig through.

I'd also like to thank Michigan's reviewers: Tiki, Rusty, and (the 'Executioner') Trippy. All my dealings with Rusty have been cordial and easily worked out. Tiki has done an incredible job with not just taking the flak from us, but taking the time to teach us the finer points of cache hiding, and the fine art of puzzle solving.

Thanks to everyone that has to put up with us!

Now it's an agenda. :anibad:

Hopefully not to many of you take this wrong. But the folks at Groundspeak get paid for their jobs. Yes they do good work and give us a place to plat. But they do get paid. The reviewers and the mods, from what I have seen need the thanks they get. But I have yet seen any one mention (I may have missed it) the reason behind the numbers from above. Groundspeak, reviewers or the mods would not have a thing to do with out the time, ideas any money put out by all the geocachers out there, that in my opinion, for what that is worth, are the backbone to this hobby that I have come to enjoy.

Thanks you Cachers for the time and money spent to give my family the chance to find the greatest of all treasures you could find out on the hunt. Fantastic Family Fun.

:grin:

Normally, I'd roll my eyes at a thread like this and move on. However, what really struck me from the previous threads was that Keystone is more than a match for a bunch of cry-baby whiners with an over-developed sense of entitlement.

So, yes, to TPTB. Thanks for all the grief you folks go through for keeping politics out of Geocaching.

I wounder if they would archive my cache page if I put that link on it? :(

I'll archive your cache page if I'm having a bad day. :grin:

Well now, that would be pay back, wouldn't it? :anibad:

Edit to explain for the rest of the world.

On one of my semi annual bad days I gave ST a hard time over a trivial matter. Entirely my fault. ST took it in stride and handled it very professionally. Had the tables been turned I doubt I could have handled it as well.

Sapience Trek is a great reviewer to work with.

I still say you need to get a life though. two minutes or less is to fast to respond to a new cache submission. Go ahead and take three next time.

Edited by gof1

Now it's an agenda. :grin:

Hopefully not to many of you take this wrong. But the folks at Groundspeak get paid for their jobs. Yes they do good work and give us a place to plat. But they do get paid. The reviewers and the mods, from what I have seen need the thanks they get. But I have yet seen any one mention (I may have missed it) the reason behind the numbers from above. Groundspeak, reviewers or the mods would not have a thing to do with out the time, ideas any money put out by all the geocachers out there, that in my opinion, for what that is worth, are the backbone to this hobby that I have come to enjoy.

Thanks you Cachers for the time and money spent to give my family the chance to find the greatest of all treasures you could find out on the hunt. Fantastic Family Fun.

:anibad:

Sorry, but that's not what this thread is about! I like the sentiment, but...

Cachers get a THANK-YOU all the time! I thank almost all the cache owners whose caches I visit, I often thank cachers for coming out and visiting my caches. It's not unusual for me to lead groups out to find some of our harder finds, when I had my personal coins, I'd often hand them out as well (or choco covered pretzets)...and I've had similar experiences! Truly, without the cache reviewer, we cachers would have nothing to do. Without the people who make this activity all it is, we'd not be out tracking ammo cans in the wild (well, some might I suppose since GC isn't the only game in town...but...).

No, this thread is to THANK those who work hard...those in the trenches, on the front lines and behind the scenes. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the work we cachers put in, but this is about GS/GC!! Yes, the GS crew mostly get paid, great! Wish I'd have thought of this first!! I don't hold getting paid against anyone, I kinda like being paid for my work as well...and I find it even better when someone offers me their gratitude when I do a GOOD job! As far as I can tell, a good job IS being done all around!! Is it perfect?? NO...but what is these days??

THANKS...now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

I just want to thank everyone for the fun reading. These forums help to pass the time when not out on patrol, dealing with Iraqi government officials, or training Iraqi Security Forces. Take care all.

I thought there were a few who really pushed it and I see them posting today, so it must take a bit to get a vacation! :grin:

I've got a lot of experience in that area :anibad: I agree, if someone got a vacation, it was not from their viewpoint, but from breaking forum guidelines..

On topic: The mods do a great job.. (this coming from someone who got a month vacation and almost complete banination)...

Keep up the good work!

I'm just hoping that I don't get a vacation from reading the forums and get to take some vacation time in July after returning to the United States.

Edited by TEAM HALL-JTSJT

I just want to thank everyone for the fun reading. These forums help to pass the time when not out on patrol, dealing with Iraqi government officials, or training Iraqi Security Forces. Take care all.

I thought there were a few who really pushed it and I see them posting today, so it must take a bit to get a vacation! :)

I've got a lot of experience in that area :o I agree, if someone got a vacation, it was not from their viewpoint, but from breaking forum guidelines..

Keep up the good work!

I'm just hoping that I don't get a vacation from reading the forums and get to take some vacation time in July after returning to the United States.

From somebody who's 'been there, done that' too many times......

Keep your head on a swivel and your arse down!

And thank you from an old solider.

I won't get into the negativity of the thread which brought all this about, just want to say that NO ONE should question anothers' patriotism over something as simple as doing their job! No one should be called names or have their integrity questioned...certainly NOT in public! :o

ANYWAY, this is a personal THANK-YOU to EVERYONE working for, volunteering or whatever you do with GS/GC!! After reading the thread in question, I felt you all might need a bit of a pick-me-up!! Your work is MUCH appreciated...at least by me!! :)

Rod

Rockin Roddy

Great idea for a thread! I totally agree that they all deserve a big pat on the back! Thanks! :)