Garmin 60csx information

I have been searching for up to date information on the 60csx with poor results and so I am putting this out to the frequent posters here.

What is the largest microSD card that will work on the 60csx?

Is there a good FAQ for this unit? If so where can I find it?

Or a good site with a review of the 60csx features.

Thanks

Edited by CallawayMT

I have been searching for up to date information on the 60csx with poor results and so I am putting this out to the frequent posters here.

What is the largest microSD card that will work on the 60csx?

Is there a good FAQ for this unit? If so where can I find it?

Or a good site with a review of the 60csx features.

Thanks

Use search function and Google. There is tons of information out there on the 60csx. Any info you find on the 60csx will be "current." The older 60 series is the cx.

My understanding is you can use SDHC cards, but they are only usable to 2gb. So a 4gb card will work, but only the 2gb part of it.

My understanding is you can use SDHC cards, but they are only usable to 2gb. So a 4gb card will work, but only the 2gb part of it.

That depends on your definition of "work". Regardless of the card size, you can put only up to 2 GB of maps on it. If you try to put more than 2 GB of maps, none of them will show up on the unit. (There is also a limit of 2025 map segments.) But the rest of the card (up to 6 GB cards have been successfully used. See http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Garmin_GPSmap_76C/message/6554) can be used for other purposes, such as storing track logs or other files. The entire card is recognized in mass storage mode.

I have a 76CSx (identical in its workings to the 60CSx) and I am using a 4 GB Sandisk microSDHC card.

Is there really a max size for the map I can upload to a 2 gig card. I loaded all of canada and all of the northern part of the us on it in one shot. Does that mean I might not have all of it on it. THNX.

I haven't seen anything that removes the 2025 segment level for loading maps. That means for US Topo anything more that 1 gig is a waste of money as far as maps go (you hit the segment limit at about 900+ MB.

Is there really a max size for the map I can upload to a 2 gig card. I loaded all of canada and all of the northern part of the us on it in one shot. Does that mean I might not have all of it on it. THNX.

What I've seen reported is that if you go over the 2 GB limit of maps, none of them will show up on the unit; so if you can see any of the maps you loaded, you didn't go over the limit and they would all be there.

Edit: I don't remember what people have said happens if you go over the 2025 segment limit, so my comment above applies only to the size, not the number of maps.

Edited by roybassist