Nudging your TB along

ThePetersTrio

Just out of curiosity, how long do you wait to contact a cacher who has your TB?

I try to be conscientious and contact a TB/coin owner if I'm going to have their object for more than 2 weeks. But when I am the TB owner and it's been more than 2 weeks, how long should I wait before I send that very polite email asking them to please drop it in a cache? Is there a rule of thumb on this?

Thanks in advance for replies. :unsure:

As a chronic holder of TBs I don't mind at all when someone emails and says hey can you move mine along.

It helps when they ask nicely, but it reminds me that I need to get the TB on its way. I would look at the holders stats. If they are out there caching and not placing your TB you can kindly ask them to move it along.

I do have to agree with BlueDeuce about letting it go. It is a bummer when you have spent money buying the bug and the time creating a goal that is unique just to find it it being held buy someone else. That is just part of the game we play.

Just my 2

Derrick Perrin

I usually wait 2-3 weeks during the spring/summer/fall. I wait much longer during the frozen midwest months.

If i get no response i usually contact about the same time after that (4-6 weeks).

I know that may be much sooner than other might do it, but my effort is to get my items moving before they are forgotten.

A couple of/three months is about right. Or longer. And then, only if you're hyper. It's not always easy to find caches the right size. Or safe caches.

Then send a very nice e-mail. We got one last week. Bug went in the next cache that we found. Sorry that my caching friednd is recovering from heart surgery...