Wherigo player won't work on my Mio P550

sawmill1

When I try to use the Wherigo player on my Mio P550 it comes up with the following error:

"This application (Player.exe) requires a newer version of the microsoft .NET compact framework than the version installed on this advice."

Can anybody give me a laymans explanation of what this means and how to fix it?

Many thanks

When I try to use the Wherigo player on my Mio P550 it comes up with the following error:

"This application (Player.exe) requires a newer version of the microsoft .NET compact framework than the version installed on this advice."

Many thanks

The Wherigo player relies on some software distributed by Microsoft called the ".Net Compact Framework". They've released several versions of it through the years, but you can see on the Wherigo player page that the player requires version 2.0. The error that you're seeing seems to indicate that you have an earlier version (maybe 1.0 or 1.1) installed on your device.

Try going to the Wherigo player page and clicking the link next to"Microsoft .NET Compact Framework" labeled "Get it now" in the Required Software section. Follow the directions from Microsoft's site to download and install the library, and then try running the player again.

Of course, that's all assuming the error is reporting what the problem really is. Hopefully this will take care of it, but if the problem's still there, it may be a little tougher to figure out what's going on. Good luck!

Its the same error I had originally.

I'd be really interested to know if you have been able to activesync the MS .Net Compact Framework files over to the PDA.

Ive had to resort to getting the CAB file and sending it by Bluetooth to my MIO550.

Mark

Edited by Chaotica_UK

Many thanks

Teh .Net compact framework is a set of base libraries (code) which all .Net applications need to use. In your case it looks as though you have it installed but have an out of date version.

use this link to download the file to your desktop and then install onto your PPC

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Hope this helps.