WHEREIGO HARDWARE

ktmapac

I am confused.

I am heavy into geocaching and have all sorts of hardware. I have a Garmin map 60cs, a Garmin nuvi 250W a Palm Vx and a HP Ipaq 110 (for paperless caching).

I would like to try Wherigo caching. It appears I do not have the gps enabled pda. I priced new ones, at like $600. So, can I hook up my Ipaq 110 to my garmin units? If not, what do I get to go with the Ipaq? I assume a bluetooth gps. What is that and how does that work?

If anyone can help me I'd appreicate it.

thanks

Edited by ktmapac

There should be some cables and software available to hook a GPSr to the PDA. I am not familiar with this topic, however, so others in the forum will need to respond to that part of your question.

You asked to explain a Bluetooth GPS. Bluetooth is a short-range wireless technology. A Bluetooth GPS receiver will transmit its position information to your PDA. The GPSr itself, though, does not have a screen or much else on it. You turn it on and that's all you do with the GPSr itself. For security reasons, a Bluetooth device must be "paired" manually with a PDA, cell phone, laptop, etc. How this is done depends on the device (the details are in the instruction book), but it's generally easy and painless.

Look on EBay or your other favorite site. You can get a Bluetooth GPSr for $25 - $60.

Thanks for the bluetooth answer. That helps. thanks

There should be some cables and software available to hook a GPSr to the PDA. I am not familiar with this topic, however, so others in the forum will need to respond to that part of your question.

You asked to explain a Bluetooth GPS. Bluetooth is a short-range wireless technology. A Bluetooth GPS receiver will transmit its position information to your PDA. The GPSr itself, though, does not have a screen or much else on it. You turn it on and that's all you do with the GPSr itself. For security reasons, a Bluetooth device must be "paired" manually with a PDA, cell phone, laptop, etc. How this is done depends on the device (the details are in the instruction book), but it's generally easy and painless.

Look on EBay or your other favorite site. You can get a Bluetooth GPSr for $25 - $60.